THR Wished I'd found you before

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Poppet....glad to hear that Poppet.... It's a difficult act... More practice needed! I can give you lots of tips...!!!!
Loving the sound of an indoor heated pool. In my dreams.... I have one !
Chrissie xxxx
 
@Hoppy Nanny Ah Chrissie! I was a bit concerned over having chuffed your sister, until I read a bit further.
I was concerned yet again when I realized no one had bothered to tell me about flute squeezing. :rofsign:

Thankfully I kept my focus and read through your thread. Can't wait to use 'chuffed' on the first unsuspecting american
southerner I come across, though I am glad I figured out the flutes before I questioned my PT guy about it.
Thanks for the giggles and wish you continued and speedy healing.
Happy day!
kay
 
Hi Butterfly,

Yes, I had many different pains that seemed to just pop up from nowhere for many months, up to a year or more.

I believe you mentioned you had made transition to cane ?? Any type of change like that can produce new pains in muscles.

Butt pain the worst. Butt (ha ha) should ease eventually. Perhaps you still need more support while walking.

You might want to check out my recovery journal. Sorry, can't provide link at the moment, but you should be able to find by searching on my username.

Take it easy. Ice, meds, elevate, perhaps more rest.

Marathon not a sprint !!!

Best for your recovery !!'

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
 
@Kayviun ha..ha.. Didn't realise that chuffed would prove to be so funny....I'll have to think of a few more strange English words to throw out there!! And it's not even a typo!! Well.....flutes!! Have to blame that on the iPads predictive text mode....has a chuckle over it myself. I'm doing well thanks honey...just going to pop over to your thread to check on your progress....you'd better be taking it easy...I'm gonna be checking!! Had the grand kids yesterday..bless them..kept me busy...made them walk about a mile....what protestations....as I said if I can do it with my new hip and one crutch your young legs can do it......they are not used to it unless they come to Nanny Chris...it's like boot camp for them. Coming yo yours now. Take care..Thanks for popping in honey...love Chrissie xxx






Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Was having such a good time ...went out shopping and lunch with a friend yesterday, felt under the weather a bit and weary....got a urine infection and now have a 5 day course of antibiotics which have given me nausea and stomach pains. Been resting up today and hoping infection clears up. Oh well, expect it's just a blip and I'll be out spending again soon!! Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Week 13.... Been trying out Meditation...it's great! Found an article in the Daily Mail that just 15 mins meditation really helps stress and worry... Just lying down following your own breathing through the body...being aware of where the breathing goes...if any nasty thoughts creep in push them out. It takes practice but have been doing for a week, once or twice a day and I feel less worried and stressed. I'm sure there's lots on the internet about it bit just this little exercise seems to help. Hoping UTI gone just finished antibiotics and feeling OK...Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Whatever gets you de-stressing is great, Chrissie. I've never been able to manage meditation....but getting lost in a book usually gets me where I need to be. When I try to meditate, my brain keeps thinking that it would rather be reading...now that's not a nasty thought, is it? No, of course not. So then I just think...well, okay, I'll just read instead. And then I'm happy. Hmm.....I think I might just go to my latest happy place right now. :)

Sharon
 
@sharonslp I so agree Sharon...nothing like getting lost in a book. Nasty thoughts can't creep in....but since I had THR sitting down for any length of time has not been very comfortable so have not been able to concentrate to read. It's getting better so hopefully will be able to find a chair that's more easy to sit in for longer. I love the Harlan Coben books. Hope you are doing well to honey. Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Fabulous four months update! Wow! Where find that time go?? I'm now back to living my life.....As I want to and not as dictated to by that awful pain from my old knackered hip!!! My Calendar Is fully booked for the foreseeable future ......I'm now accepting invitations with pleasure. And not that sickening foreboding feeling that I used to have pre op....because I never knew how much pain I would have been in. For everyone out there pre op....I feel for you all.....I empathise with the stress, anxiety and sheer terror you feel because of the operation....but I can only tell you that it is all for the best. I have given the last four months to my recovery......it's been s.l.o.w and s.t.e.a.d.y......no miraculous recovery here....just plain waiting it out, letting it heal type of recovery.......this week I looked after my twin sis and her doggy as she has just had TKR ( yes I'm looking after someone else and not wallowing in my own pain...it's fab), just got back Friday night and my daughter, hubby, two kids and doggy arrived to stay. Today got family party for my mother in laws 80th...and I've look forward to it all with relish.....and with my new hip and NO pain....sometimes tight..but not painful ...........still going to hydrotherapy and my limp is nearly gone! A big part of my recovery, my attitude, my newly acquired patience has been due to BoneSmart and everyone on here.....I cannot thank everyone enough......you have been there 24/7.....this is truly an amazing place.....THANK YOU! Love, healing, patience to everyone....Chrissie xxxxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
great to hear chrissie @Hoppy Nanny . reminded me of that 'little engine that could'. I think I can, I think I can. slow and steady.
glad you're enjoying life again. me too, altho I'm still mostly at home.
 
Glad to hear that you are enjoying life too @dickinson .....you've a way to go to catch up with me as your op was only early January........slowly..slowly catchee monkey!! Yes...does sound like the little engine....I tried to go too quick at first...doesn't pay .....hope you are soon out of the house and enjoying your social life again..... Must admit to being a little weary tonight so I've taken myself for a little rest to bed.....it's become my haven. Thanks for dropping by. Love Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Hi Chrisse @Hoppy Nanny Just catching up on your thread finally

It is great to see you out and about and enjoying life!!!!

I must say that you and your sister are very attractive!!!!

Thank you for all your support of me on my thread....it brightens my day
 
Thank you Sally @Vetgirl for stopping by.... And for your kind words. I'm keeping up with your news and hope things get better for you very soon.... You could sure do with a break!!!! Love and best wishes....Chrissie xxxx
 
Congrats on your 4 months, more so your new life, your beautiful attitude and giving spirit to your sister, family and friends. We are all thankful for BS. However, it's the open, generous hearts of all who share their love and support with each other, as you do, that makes this a community....Cheers....God bless!
 
Aww thanks @Hibbe...that's so nice! Look forward to catching up with you soon. Love Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Your 4 month report is excellent. Gold star!
Thanks for letting me know about hydrotherapy. It sounds very nice.
I guess my THR is sometime in April, the outdoor pool opens May 31 so I am hopeful of being
able to get myself over there to do some of that hydrotherapy.
 
Hi Chrissie, @Hoppy Nanny - had to go looking for you myself... What a fantastic 4 month update. I am so happy for you, life is slowly but surely returning to normal.. Good for you honey... Hugs from down under xxxx
 
@Poppet. Thanks so very much....been away for a couple of days...took my lovely granddaughter to see Mamma Mia in London....long 3 hour trip to get there, lots of stairs, walking, driving, underground...but really enjoyed it....she loves musical theatre and it was a pleasure to see her enjoyment too. It was a treat as she got 8 straight 'A's in her exams.....Must say, since I got back this pm my knee is letting me know that it didn't like all that activity...so I'm resting it up now. How are you doing honey....? Hoping that work /life balance getting better for you....weather is is just awful , so wet .The complete antithesis to your own weather at the moment...strange world we live in. Hope to speak soon. Love and hugs...Chrissie xxxx



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@hoppynanny there is a free meditation app for the smartphones. I've been using it a lot, I find it easier than reading just plug in the headphones and away you go.
 
Thank you so much @scubysteve....I'm going to go and find that app....do think it helps a lot....hope you are doing well now....cheers Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom