THR Wished I'd found you before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you @Kim22
Do hope you enjoy your pre op cruise ....it will set you up for your next recovery on 28th September.....keep us updated won't you...love & hugs...Chrissie xx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Rhonda K
So lovely to hear from you & especially as you've joined the ranks of the 'almost forgotten' hip.....phew...it did seem to go on & on but we got there.....thanks to everyone on BoneSmart.....nice to know you are getting on with life too. That's all we wanted from all this.
So looking forward to Ruby! Shelties are very energetic so she will keep me busy! Love & hugs...Chrissie xx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks @agileHippy
(Love that name!). Do hope you are doing well.....
I know how much good progress reports kept me sane during recovery....! Xxxxx

@Tweefishy
You WILL get your life back....slowly & with a great deal of patience! That I found difficult...! Take it easy...xxx

@Suzette
Everyday seemed to bring a new ache or pain.....luckily BS was there to dispel my fears...it's a lifesaver....do hope your recovery goes well....xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks @Hoppy Nanny I am looking forward to the cruise and getting my second new hip but I have never known time go so slowly.I still have 12 weeks to go which seems like an awful long time but at least I have a date.You will really appreciate those walks with Ruby with all you have been through and each one will be a joy.
 
Time seems to go slowly when you want it to go fast and vice versa
@Kim22!
Hope that once the cruise is done the time goes quickly for you!

So looking forward to getting Ruby!!
Love & hugs... Chrissiexxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hi @copsham
Bless you for asking.......well...it's been good & bad!! (Isn't life like that?)
Ruby is a star....so much more than we could have wished....gorgeous, obedient, quiet, housetrained in one day, sleeps all night!
But......because she is so tiny the first few weeks I was bending down so much my back, new hip, bad hip & knee played me up badly. I had sciatica down both legs.....argghhhh. Wouldn't change it for the world though......I've stopped all the bending & the pain is going, gradually! Perhaps I got too cocky about how well it all was! I'm attaching a picture of her today...just gorgeous!!
I love her so much! (Sorry you lovely moderators for going off track).

We've also had 3 weeks of grandkids for summer hols....so life is hectic...got a weeks break and then another week.
[Bonesmart.org] Wished I'd found you before


Do hope your foot is getting better @copsham will catch up with your thread

Much love Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
What a gorgeous photo of Ruby @Hoppy Nanny.She is beautiful and I am glad she is turning out to be as good as gold and well trained.Sorry to hear about your increase in pain but glad to hear that it is going.From what I have read on here it is not unusual to have an more pain when we try out new activities the important part is that you are improving.
 
Thanks @Kim22
She is so worth any pain I've had! Enjoy your cruise and I hope your surgery date comes round quickly thereafter! Take care & keep us posted regarding your progress...love Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Hoppy Nanny Now that is one pretty puppy - congrats and may you have many happy hours of pleasure together.

I'm sitting here with my Maine Coon curled up on my legs keeping them warm so I appreciate the joy they can bring us.

Have fun


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh she looks just like the sheltie we had many years ago . Such pretty dogs and so we'll behaved. We have a french bulldog, who must be going through the teenage phase, being a little bit naughty when out and has now decided it's a good idea to lie down in the road.....because he knows he's going home:doggie: but its good exercise which I must keep up.

I am glad you aches and pains are easing up after bending down loads. I hope your gall stones are going??

x
 
Hi@Hoppy Nonny, she is gorgeous! I love her face!!! Sorry you've had some pain and discomfort..always seems to be the old saying, two steps forward and one step back.....but no doubt you will get going in right direction again. Seems we all have other stuff pop up that that gives us grief along with hip recovery. But I say if we can make it through that, we can also deal with whatever else life throws at us!! Good to hear from you. Enjoy Ruby and the Grandkids and hope that pain goes keeps getting better!

Rhonda


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Chrissie @Hoppy Nanny :wave:... thanks for my Hip-iversary wishes; I can't believe a year has gone by! We did have a great holiday, I have a gazillion photos I'd love to share.. but they aren't really relevant to a Joint replacement forum so you'll have to believe me when I tell you how spectacular NZ is! I too hope my other hip holds out - but I'm not that convinced I'll get years out of it; I don't want it to get as bad as the left as it made the surgery more complex (I'm not sure if it makes any difference to the recovery, but easier surgery sounds like a good idea - easier on the surgeon and easier on my body!!) but I really still don't feel ready to go through it all again; maybe once the tendinitis leaves forever I'll have a "let's have another baby" moment and go for it :heehee:

Love your gorgeous Ruby... hope she's still being a good girl for you. My Rocky decided to blow out a cruciate ligament while we were on holiday; $1500 operation plus $500 for the Xrays and treatment beforehand (had to have a stop gap as Mum was looking after him and I didn't think it was right for her to have to organize the surgery and look after him at the "critical" stage)... and he's a Jack Russel; all I can say is thank goodness he's not a Great Dane or we'd have to have taken out a mortgage!! Just as well we love him, sigh.

Look after yourself,

Donna :SUNsmile:
 
I love her so much! (Sorry you lovely moderators for going off track).
No problem at all. What a cutie!
I don't want it to get as bad as the left as it made the surgery more complex (I'm not sure if it makes any difference to the recovery, but easier surgery sounds like a good idea - easier on the surgeon and easier on my body!!)
This is exactly what I experienced. Not letting my right hip get to a critical point made the recovery MUCH easier. A matter of weeks instead of months and months.
 
Wishing everyone on BoneSmart a Very Merry Christmas & a fabulous 2016
Much love....Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom