THR Wished I'd found you before

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Poppet Thanks for your concern .... Just leaving home to see Pat ... They suspect she may have a DVT so I'm very concerned at the moment... Cheers Chrissie xx
 
Take care Chrissie, and fingers crossed it isn't DVT xxxx
 
@Poppet Glad to say back home now after seeing my sister....she is in a lot of pain and very nauseous but the nurses mobilised her whilst we were there...she managed about 10 steps and then sat in the chair for an hour before going back to bed. Regarding the DVT they are going yo do a scan because she has calf pain but it is soft and not red at all. Think it's precautionary because I had a pulmonary embolism and because we are twins they don't want to take any chances. Hopefully she will start feeling better tomorrow. She is in a lovely private room and the nurses are lovely. Thanks for your concern..,hope to report good things soon. As an aside.....when we got to the hospital it was bucketing down with rain and we had to run from the car park...yes I did say run...with my new hip and all...not bad after a two hour journey!!! Hope you are doing well and your pain from tree felling better now. Love Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmartĀ®
 
@Hoppy Nanny Hi Chrissie! Wow! How great to put a face with your posts. You and your sister are just alike! lol Both very beautiful ladies. :) I left some words for you/your sister on my thread in answer to yours, but will re-post here in case you missed it. Want to say I'm very sorry of the pain your sister is in and the issues with the spinal and hope she is feeling much better very soon. It was very nice of you to travel so far to see her and I find that very touching and sweet of you. Even more so in that you're still in your own recovery. Speaking of which, I do imagine that the change in routine and the extra effort of travel and stress has escalated the stiffness and issues in your hip. As soon as you are able (soon please? :)) take a big break and rest for yourself. You've surely earned it and need it! As for 3lbs..sorry if I'm giggling. I wouldn't worry too much about that little bit. We'll just chalk it up to water weight and it'll be gone before you know it! :)
My very best to you and also to your sister.
Kay
 
Hi Chrissie, that is better news regarding your Sister. Wow! You ran! - you rock girl! .... BUT.. there is always a but isn't there, lol, I know you won't make a habit of it :) - hugs xx
 
@ Kayviun Kay ...thank you my dear for your lovely message to my sister...she will be very chuffed. Do hope you are recovering well. I will check for your posts. I'm doing ok...moving on nicely! Chrissie x

@Poppet certainly won't make a habit running! Hope going back to work isn't as hard for you after the holidays...took all my decs down today...I hate it..everything looks so bare. Thinking about summer holidays and where to go...makes it easier without that hip pain for sure!! Take care. Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmartĀ®
 
she will be very chuffed
Nanny, I have to tell you that I caused a near riot (of laughter) on here when I first used that term! The Americans had no idea what it meant and there was a couple of members who used it for ages after but always put it in quote like "chuffed"! You're the first person I've seen use it since! :thumb:
 
How I love the UK terms - nowt is my new favorite, can't wait to use it at work tomorrow...
 
@Josephine I keep forgetting that our little English colloquial words do not translate very easily worldwide. Chuffed is a favourite of mine . I worked for Americans at one time and they loved our strange words....the first time I asked for a 'rubber' they fell about. Of course I meant an eraser but a rubber was a completely different thing if you get my drift!! Chrissie xx
@Poppet Enjoy using your new word 'nowt' is a very northern word ....not one we use 'down South' very much. Hope your day goes well.xx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmartĀ®
 
Thanks Chrissie, take care of you and Sis and have a good day xxxx
 
I keep forgetting that our little English colloquial words do not translate very easily worldwide.
You did notice I am English?
Of course I meant an eraser but a rubber was a completely different thing if you get my drift!!
Yes that one always gets them! Do you remember Jasper Carrot? He did some absolutely hilarious stand-ups about Durex! (Aussies take note - that's not sticky tape!)
 
:rotfl: "Durability, Reliability, and Excellence" - abbreviated by the London Rubber Company trademarked in 1929!

(Although they were not an official sponsor of the Olympic Games, Durex provided 150,000 free to more than 10,000 athletes that competed in the 2012 Summer Olympics in London) - now that was some party!

First day of work for the new year.... [Bonesmart.org] Wished I'd found you before
 
Oh yes Josephine i did indeed notice that you are English ( are we allowed to say that still? Or do we have to be British?)... I remember well the Jasper Carrot sketch re Durex and @Poppet that's a great piece of info re the Olympics...obviously the athletes had their own ' indoor games' not on the Olympic agenda..LOL. My American boss was very naughty and would use words that he knew were risquƩ in English feigning innocence...kept us entertained.
Hope your first day back was not too daunting Poppet. My sis still struggling so I'm going to see her after my babysitting stint tomorrow . May take her up a nice, healthy salad as the food is not good. I'm sure she will improve soon...she's in a lot of pain...but I think the TKR is more painful than THR?? Take care. Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmartĀ®
 
Keeps us eternally entertained on here - viv la differance!
 
the first time I asked for a 'rubber' they fell about.
Wow....I bet the Americans you worked with thought you were quite the woman!!! How funny!!!
 
Yes @Jamie.... I thought they had found a new respect for my hard work.... But no... Probably thought I was a brazen hussy!!!! Lol....! Xxx
 
Don't know if anyone else has had this situation ....... Went to opticians to have 2 year eye check and they said my long sight in right eye down by 30%..... He said he thought it was caused by the trauma of the THR.... Whaaaat!!!!!! When I asked if it would recover he said no....damage done. Anyone ever heard of this? Seems way out there to me... However ... End result... 2 new pairs of glasses and £300 lighter..... Oh the good news goes on.., and on doesn't it....Chrissie xxxxx
 
Me neither...I even googled it and nothing definitive came up @ sharonsip....!! Could understand if it was facial surgery causing trauma to eyes.... But hips???? Xxxx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom