THR Wished I'd found you before

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Hoppy Nanny Gosh, time flies! Happy Hippy Anniversary! So sorry about that knee. But you now know where to get the support you need though that journey as well. Glad we could help!
 
Congrats Hoppy Nanny! sometimes dreams do come true, so glad you have had a wonderful recovery and it was all so worth it. Hope and pray your knee issue will end as well as the hip did. This journey is not easy, mine is still in the infant stage, so those like you, that have come before me are such an inspiration to us that are just beginning. I am sure hoping next September 9th I have half as good an update. So happy for you and wish you continued freedom from that nasty hip pain!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Hoppy Nanny I am so glad that your hip recovery has gone so well for you and to have reached the stage of having the forgotten hip is a big milestone.Sorry to hear that your knee is giving you trouble now.How frustrating for you and yes I think an X-ray would be a good idea then you will know if the problem is in the knee joint or coming from weak leg muscles which a lot of us have post surgery.I get aches and pains in both knees but it is intermittent and keeps swapping from side to side.Wishing you all the best for the future.
 
Well.....I've bitten that bullet and had an X-ray of my knee yesterday....got 10/14 days to wait now for results......from having THR I know the op & recovery is not as bad as envisaged & the joy of being pain free with my 'forgotten' hip is fabulous....BUT.... The yellow livered coward in me is rearing its ugly head!!!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Snap @Hoppy Nanny I am having the knee of my none operated side x-rayed on Monday to rule out major o/a in that side.I am 95% sure that the knee pain is referred from the hip but it will be good to know the exact state of that sore knee.
 
Exactly @Kim22. I am erring on the side of muscle pains, pain referral from hip, etc and hoping for the best that it's not OA...do let me know how you get on...I've got a couple of weeks until result is back to GP....xx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I will let you know about the X-ray @Hoppy Nanny when I get the results.I hope it is referred pain too rather than it being serious arthritis.Two of my Bonesmart buddies who had there hips done at the same time as me are facing knee replacement early next month.
 
Good luck on Monday @Kim22....hoping for good results for you. It does seem strange that the knees should go so soon after hip....never, ever had knee pain before. Fingers crossed xxxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Hoppy Nanny Chrissie, why the huge long wait for xray diagnosis? Don't they share when you get it?
I hope it turns out ok , and that you don't need knee surg yet.
@Kim22 Same here to you Kim......
My knees are awful , too.... both. the left is worse
 
@Hoppy Nanny I'm another one with a wonky knee, but it was that first for me - I had an arthroscopy in 2006, the surgeon repaired the cartilage but said "I can't do anything about the OA, you will need a new knee eventually" - I wonder if walking funny wore out the (opposite) hip first! I'm still managing with the knee but my shoulder is bad, an MRI shows severe OA and wasted muscles, I'm being referred for physiotherapy to see if that helps.
@MajorHeidi Our Health Service is wonderful, but radiologists are not allowed to tell you results, it has to go through the system of being checked by the consultant, then passed to whoever ordered it and you then make an appointment to see them and get results! Of course, in an emergency the chain is shorter.
Best wishes to all Bonesmarties!
Anne
 
@Hoppy Nanny and @MajorHeidi I was told by the radiographer that the results would be at my GPs in a week.It was actually the Nurse Practitioner who referred me for the X-ray so I will have to speak to her for the result.Iwent to a very small community hospital for the X-ray and there was no Radiologist on duty.He will look at a batch of X-rays and report on them at a later time.Its funny but since the X-ray the knee has not been too bad.I hope the physio helps with the poor shoulder Anne.I recently started a yoga class with my friend who has bad arthritis in her shoulders but she has noticed that she has more movement in them now.
 
@MajorHeidi. .... As others have said the dear old NHS takes time to get these results through to the GP.... So waiting... Waiting.
So sorry your knees are bad too.... It's very disappointing isn't it.... I'm fed up with being in pain... I've got to much living to do to let it slow me down but it's not how I want it to be.... I'm sure you feel the same... Love & Hugs xxx



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Oh poor you @Nannyannie.... Knee & shoulder... Urghh! Do hope that the physio can help you...wishing you all the best.... Do keep us updated as to how you get on! Lovely to hear from you.... Take care... Chrissie xx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hoping that the knee pain stays gone @Kim22 and that we both get good results from X-rays.... Do let me know....sending good wishes..it's so nice not to feel alone in all this..... But not that I wish you all pain but it is a comfort..... Lots of hugs... Chrissie xx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Thanks so much for your support @dickenson .... For sure will let you know when the results are through.... Hope all is remaining quiet for you all... Thinking of you & praying for peace & Harmony ....Love Chrissie x


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hoping, hoping, hoping Hoppy Nanny for a negative report. Can just imagine the let down feeling you must be having at the prospect of another surgery. Let's hope not!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks @RhondaK. Phoned the GP practice today to be told the report on the X-ray is not back yet and to ring next Friday ( sigh).... Hurry up & wait is the order of the day.....How are you doing....will try & catch up with your thread! Xxxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom