THR Wished I'd found you before

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you @Hoppy Nanny. I finally hit a stone at my class yesterday. It has taken 10 weeks! But I am determined to get down another 2 stone... I'd love to get another down by Christmas. .. veg soup has been freshly made this morning and cleaning water in the fridge....

I'm taking a night off for my Ball tomorrow night though...I plan to thoroughly enjoy myself. ..even if not in high heels!

RTHR May 27th 2014
 
So glad now you know and you have an option now, other than another surgery. I'm sure shedding a few pounds sounds much better than surgery. Something we all need to do (at least most of us). Sure wish you lots of luck. Inspire all of us by easing that pain by weight loss rather than the alternative!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @Hoppy Nanny - from another Slimming World loser! I am still 3 stone (42lb) down on my heaviest weight but have put on a stone since losing Dad just a year ago. It knocked me back a bit, 5th close family loss in 22 months - only to be expected when you have a gaggle of relatives in their 80s (or 93 in Dad's case!) but still hits hard. I actually rejoined SW last week and would like to lose that stone and another one, I'm sure it will help my knees. To be honest, I'm so used to the Red plan I think I will stick to that. I'll keep you updated!
My surgeon was amused to be asked by another patient if the replacement weighed more/less that the bone it replaced, didn't realise how important that is to some of us!
Happy SYNning!
Anne
 
Well done on the stone loss @NoraJ....that's fabulous considering what's been going on with your THR....another stone by xmas is a great goal ! Hope you enjoyed the ball.....you will be in high heels soon!! I went out last night to a local pub where there was live music & had a little jig myself....in heels!!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
That's true @ Rhonda K....much better than the thought of more surgery at the moment....I'll try & inspire....but too aware how hard it is...I love cooking (and eating)!! Xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks Anne @Nannieannie....wow...that's a great weight loss ....sometimes the Weight loss journey is a bit like THR.....slow & steady! It's difficult sometimes when we are in the throes of bereavement to stay on track but I'm sure you will soon lose that stone & more...,do keep us updated.... Hee hee...I asked my surgeon about the weight of the prosthesis and he said it weighed the same as a normal hip bone!! No joy there then!
I started off very well on Friday but had a few red wines on Saturday....but back on track today ! Good luck to us all! Xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I did enjoy the ball @Hoppy Nanny but stayed away from the dancing.... I had been running about to much as I'm on the committee and had about 10 jobs to do. But it was lovely to get my hair, nails and make up done and feel glamorous.

I'm back on track to day though after a few red wines myself.... like you I do enjoy a nice red or some bubbles. I've a weekend away is 4 weeks so I'm going to be good till then...Most of the time!

RTHR May 27th 2014
 
@Hoppy Nanny & @NoraJ - loving knowing that others are working on weight loss - I'm packing for a long anticipated trip to New Orleans next week - dreading the plane trip, & needing to use a cane. However, I tried on clothes today & discovered the linen pants I thought I'd wear slid right off my hips - was such a pleasant reminder that all the work to lose the weight & exercise has been worth it! I'll be seeing friends from around the country who haven't seen me for several years, so I'm getting excited! I've been so anxious & borderline depressed about these painful hips, so it's nice to feel good about something. So happy to have you both sharing this. My surgery is scheduled for 11/11, so I'm hoping to lose another 3-5 lbs, even after a trip to New Orleans!
 
@Hoppy Nanny That is super Chrissie, that you can hold off from knee surgery with just going on a
weight loss plan. Now that would be difficult for me, as I just don't seem to have much willpower.
But, I am avoiding alcohol (as of today.....) to try to lose some weight.
I had to look up a stone (14 lbs).... Love your Brittish terms, especially 'chuffed'! :heehee:
 
@hopefulm.....it's great to be on this journey together....we all understand the pain & the difficulty these bad joints cause...together with the inability to get weight off due to lack of exercise.....
Do hope your trip goes well....it will boost your confidence as your friends see the 'new you'....!!
I flew to Portugal just before I had my THR and it was much easier than I imagined..however I did take a wheelchair ( used as a walking aid & so I could sit whenever I needed to)..... It eased my mind a lot.
That pain makes you increasingly depressed but after 11/11 you will have a pain free new hip. As long as you remember the recovery is slow & steady and you stay with us on BoneSmart...you will be just great!
Looking forward to hearing about your trip! Xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@ MajorHeidi...thank you....I am pleased not to have to worry about knee surgery yet...just the weight loss. I know how much it will help...it's just getting it right it my head!!
Oh and not drinking the alcohol! I just made sloe gin & blackberry brandy...will be ready in 10 weeks! Hope to have lost a few pounds by then! In fact I hope to emulate @NoraJ & have lost a stone ( oops 14lbs)! by then.
Hope your stiffness is finally wearing off & your knees are behaving too. I'd love to wake up one day with no pain from anywhere...wouldn't you.? Xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Glad you enjoyed the ball @NoraJ...phew you sounded busy!! Bet you are looking forward to your trip in 4 weeks too! X


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Well..... Good News.... Hip Fabulous... Just keeps getting better & better. For all those just had your THR... Believe me when I say it just gets better every month!
Bad News..... Should've lost weight.... Been really bad... 3lbs down & struggling! Won't help my knee .... Seriously need to do better.
More Bad News..... Had problems with stomach pain & nausea since April... Doc thought it was my Hiatus Hernia & acid reflux ... Been taking Omeprazole then Nexium... Still bad. Just had blood tests (nothing) but initial abdomen ultrasounds shows gall stones so waiting to see Consultant to see if need Gall Bladder Removal...soooo fed up feeling lack lustre with pain from knee & stomach and nausea.
Know I need to shift over a stone but feeling like I do I resort to food!
Ah well.... That's my news! Hope you all doing well and enjoying the pre Xmas Festivities.... Chrissie xx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Oh Chrissie, @Hoppy Nanny - you are having a rough time hon :) I hear you about resorting to comfort food.. It is sleepless in OZ again for me, pitch black, sitting on a camp chair drinking hot chocolate laden with sugar - raw sugar of course, lol xxxx
 
waiting to see Consultant to see if need Gall Bladder Removal
Aw @Hoppy Nanny , so sorry it's yet another thing. But the good news is gall bladder removal is fairly straight forward these days. My partner had his out years ago. Keyhole surgery and quick discharge. I bit of soreness from the surgery site but very minor. Please keep us updated!
 
I'm so sorry to hear you're struggling, Chrissie, @Hoppy Nanny. The weight loss is so hard. . .and, unfortunately, helpful for our poor joints. I had vowed to lose 30 lbs from July til surgery in November. Got 22 off, then took my trip to New Orleans, and thoroughly enjoyed eating and drinking in the best restaurants! Managed to take off what I gained that week by surgery. . .however, no progress since. It's cool and damp in Oregon, and comfort food is so good ! Been trying to control portions, that's the best I can manage. 3 lbs is better than I've done. . Good for you!
So sorry about the gastrointestinal issues - I've had to have my gallbladder removed - the symptoms are miserable. . .since my hip surgery, I've struggled with IBS symptoms, probably from the use of narcotics. Doesn't seem fair to have things piled on!
Thinking of you, hoping things improve.
Hugs, Mary
 
Thanks @Poppet and @Jaycey .... It's so lovely of you to comment....
Sorry you are sleepless in Oz Poppet... I'm sure it's quite an easy op Jaycey and recovery is quick so that is a good plus.....just one more thing .... But I'm trying to remain optimistic and I will ! Xxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Thanks Mary @hopefulm.... Sorry your IBS kicked in... That's what I thought my problem was too.... Thanks so much for your reassurance... I'm so grateful... Hope you are doing well.... I love you lot... Love Chrissie x


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
hi @Hoppy Nanny . for some reason only your posts show up in my email and it reminds me to check back in. sorry to hear of your ongoing challenges. you (one) just want to be over and done with it all. hopefully you'll take care of things and be on the mend before long. wishing you happy holidays and only good things.
devorah
 
Thanks for checking in Devorah @dickinson......think all these things happen as we get older. Trouble is all we want to do is get on with life...............how are you doing with your aches & pains??? hopefully everything is calm where you are at the moment...wishing you & your family a blessed Christmas & a wonderful New Year....Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom