THR Wished I'd found you before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Chrissie @Hoppy Nanny , just read that you had a fall ... eeeek!! Hope you're all right now, it must have given you such a scare :shocked:

"Talk" soon,

Sending Hugs, Donna :loveshwr:
 
It's been a while since I've been on BoneSmart so been trying to catch up on everyone's threads.

Just a quick update on my AMAZING new hip....well....it is just..amazing ....no pain , very little stiffness. Sometimes I even forget that I've ever had it done. If someone had told me this would be the case 18 months ago I wouldn't have believed it. But it's true......never, ever get any pain with it at all.

For anyone just having the op or just had it done.......it gets better & better! Takes time and a whole lot of patience...but the end result if fab!

Well ...it's so good that I've been able to get what I've wanted for years...A PUPPY! A new baby sheltie pup which I can pick up on 13th July. I've put it off for years because of my hip & not being able to move enough to care for a new little one
....here's a photo of Ruby she's only 3 weeks old & so gorgeous.
[Bonesmart.org] Wished I'd found you before



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Just to say that I've now lost 10lbs in weight since Xmas (as advised by the surgeons because of a dodgy knee).... It's been slow but is helping..as is the good weather.
The gall stones still playing up but taking apple cider vinegar & apple juice which is helping. May decide to go ahead with op if the attacks continue...but later this year.

Do hope all my old allies are holding up well...Will try & find everyone's threads...off on a 17 day cruise in 2 weeks time & then pick up our new pup.....life is good! Love & hugs to everyone......Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Hoppy Nanny , great update! So glad you are enjoying life without hip pain. Hope the gall stones don't flare up! Enjoy your cruise!
 
Hi @Hoppy Nanny Great news that your hip is doing so well and you can look forward to your cruise.Ruby is absolutely gorgeous and I bet you can't wait to take her on all those pain free walks.Congratulations on the weight loss too.i am on countdown for hip #2 and looking forward to having two good hips at last.Where are you going on the cruise ? We are visiting the Western Med in August.Take care and I look forward to hearing all about Ruby.
 
Hello there @Kim22
So glad you are getting hip no. 2 done soon....have you got a date yet? I bet you can't wait if it's giving you 'that pain'.
I hope you enjoy your cruise & it sets you up for recovery. Thankfully my other hip is doing well at the moment, especially since the good weather arrived!
We are going from S'Hampton & going Venice, Malta, Croatia, Slovenia, Gibralter, Seville....so more Eastern Med....have always flown to a destination & then cruised so looking forward to going direct to boat.
Hope to catch up with your recovery thread soon!! Thanks for keeping in touch...love Chrissie x



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I love your pic of Ruby..... so sweet.
What a happy time that will be when you pick up Ruby. yay!!!! :puppysmooze:
 
Hi @Hoppy Nanny I have the date for my second hip but it is not until 28th September.I was offered 6th July but I thought it too risky to go on the cruise only 7 weeks after surgery as the temptation will be to overdo it for that I am sure.We booked the cruise last Autumn before I knew that I was going to need another op and we are going with friends who we didn't want to let down.Your cruise itinary sounds wonderful.Are you seasoned or are you like us and trying it for the first time ?
 
Glad you have your date @Kim22 good idea to wait for later date.
I had my THR in September & thought it was a great time to have it! Well enough & mobile enough to enjoy Xmas.
We have cruised lots of times with NCL......never been P&O before. Do love cruising as you get to go to so many places with minimal travelling and as I had a PE from a long haul flight I'm only allowed 2 hours flying so it's quite restricting otherwise.
Saving up for a world cruise one day!!!
Enjoy your first cruise.....keep us updated on your progress....love Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @Hoppy Nanny
I hope you are well -have not seen you for a while. You have been so responsive to everyone that your presence is missed x
 
Oh thank you @copsham
What a lovely message......just got back yesterday from a 17 day cruise...fabulous...but lovely to be back home, as always!!

For anyone just having their op or in the early throes of THR recovery.....you never believe (or I didn't) that you will be able to go on holiday & forget you had that THR done.....but YOU CAN & YOU WILL! My hip was just fantastic...not a twinge at all...it's just...well a normal hip now! My recovery took a looooooong time....a good 12 months plus....frustrating as hell but so worth

So now looking forward to picking up my new puppy Ruby next Sunday........waited so long for this....to be in the position to be able to look after & walk a dog....I've so missed having a furry friend but had to wait until I was confident in my new hip & I am now...she's a stunner....! 8 weeks old now and a bundle of fluff. So holidays & a new dog......and NO PAIN .... Thanks to my THR and BoneSmart for allowing me to believe it was possible ......it was worth the wait!
[Bonesmart.org] Wished I'd found you before





Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Hoppy Nanny I am so glad that you enjoyed the cruise with your new hip. Have a great time looking after the adorable Ruby.I agree with @copsham that you have been so responsive to all on here and I would like to thank you for your support.Enjoy your life to the full x
 
@Hoppy Nanny you will certainly be getting your exercise in the next several weeks! A tired Sheltie is a good Sheltie! Congratulations on this great new post-THR event!
 
Thank you so much for the inspiration, encouragement, and reassurance that we will heal and have our lives back! Thank you thank you!!! So happy for you.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thank you from me too. Its good to know how things are 18 months down the line.

Having some aches today in a different place to normal. But because of bonesmart and all the recovery stories I now know that this is 'normal' and to be chilled about it.

Love your new sheltie xx
 
Hello @Hoppy Nanny! So happy to hear you are doing so well! thank you so much for all the encouragement and genuine help you gave me when I was having a hard time! Just like you, it has taken me a very, very long time to feel almost normal. It's been just about 10 months now and I feel real good and I've finally made it to that sweet place where it's almost forgotten. So happy to join those that made it through that have gone before me and gave us hope and assurance we would get there, such as you! Such a great place to be, especially thinking back to the time when I thought I would be a person that would not make it there, due to taking way longer than most, but here I am! Love the pic of your little Sheltie! I bred them at one time years ago and have had many. They are the sweetest most loving dogs! Not to mention beautiful!!! Good luck with her and continued smooth sailing with the hip!!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom