THR Wished I'd found you before

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Hoppy Nanny, was just checking if you'd an update on your X ray but I see no joy! I hope the results are back soon!

RTHR May 27th 2014
 
Oh thanks do much for checking in on me @ NoraJ...I've got an appointment with my GP on Thursday to get the results.....so biting my nails now! Will report back on Thursday ...hope you are doing well honey? X


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks too @MajorHeidi.....for some reason my notifications on this thread don't come through to me!! As you see....gotta wait until Thursday...thanks for checking in!! Xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @Hoppy Nanny just to let you know that I have had my X-ray result and it showed ' early degenerative changes"only so the knee pain must be referred from the hip.I saw the NHS physio this afternoon who has decided to write to my OS requesting an earlier appointment.We are living in hope that he will do the other hip.My husband and I have decided that if this is not offered then we will go private
 
Oh that's very good news @Kim22....so your knee pain is on your unoperated side.....That makes sense then that the pain could be referred from the hip. I do hope you don't have to go privately ....good luck with the earlier OS appointment...I'll be praying they offer to do your hip very soon. Isn't it disappointing when all you want is to get on with your life.
Will update on my visit to the GP!! Thinking of you. Chrissie


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thank you @Hoppy Nanny I hope your appointment goes ok on Thursday and it is good news for you.Please let me know how you get on.
 
I'm good @Hoppy Nanny. Thank you. I can imagine your on tenterhooks waiting for the results... my knees have never been great either leg. I am dreading doing anything about them as the pain really only on sitting to standing or steps.... I'll put it off as long as possible! It sounds like yours is constant which is never easy to work around. I'll be keeping an eye out to see how it goes!

RTHR May 27th 2014
 
@NoraJ Mine sounds just like yours.
I hope @Kim22 and @Hoppy Nanny get results going forward that they are hoping for.

On a positive note for myself, in just the last several days, I am feeling Much Less stiffness upon standing.
Maybe the 6 month milestone tomorrow is doing the trick?
 
Good luck on Thursday! Hoping for good news. I know Thursday can't get here soon enough for you. Will be watching for the news.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks @NoraJ.....glad all going well for you. It's a shame our lovely Indian Summer is over...not looking forward to the cold....
So both of your knees are not too good? Can you walk well without pain in them ? I do hope do can understand putting off getting them looked at...I've buried my head in the sand for a year now......not looking forward to Thursday at all (gulp).
My twin sis is waiting a date for her 2nd TKR...she's had bad knees though for 20 years....her first went very well. Not that I want to go anywhere that route !
Thanks too @MajorHeidi.....Didn't I tell you that stiffness would go!! Yahhhhh! Good for you. You won't believe how good it is at a year!
@RhondaK...thanks honey.....Noooo...Thursday is too close! My cowardice is rearing its ugly head....I need to know what's going on....but don't won't to know...!

Thanks so much for everyone for your support...you are all amazing!

Love Chrissie x



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Hoppy Nappy neither of my knees are great. I had tests about five years ago as I was concerned I had Lupus or some autoimmune disorder. They didn't find anything but arthritis. ..mind you they didn't pick up my hip issue either so my confidence in how the X rays were read is too high. Loosing weight helped for a while but now my knees are sore and noisy. I'm hoping it's referred pain and will settle some. I'll be reviewed by my OS in May 2015 and he does knees too.... so it may be time then to bite the bullet.... buy for the moment it's pain on movement and none when sitting or sleeping.

Good luck tomorrow. ..

RTHR May 27th 2014
 
@Hoppy Nanny - hope all goes well at your appointment tomorrow. Please update when you can. We will be with you in spirit!
 
Hello there! Just got back from my GP's and the news is.....well...hopeful!
Says I have 50% loss of cartlidge in my right knee....( operated side) and only early degenerative signs of OA in my left knee.
It is their opinion that I should try & lose one & half stone in weight (I'm 11 & 1/2 stone at mo...eek!) over a period of 6 months...do swimming pool exercises ( I do aquafit 3 x per week anyway) and go back to see him after that time. However, he did say if the pain got too bad then I could get referred to see OS sooner!
Hey Ho....it's that old thing...get some weight off and see what happens....however I'm pleased that it's not bone on bone as my hip was....it is his opinion that it's best to put if joint replacement as long as possible as I'm only ( only !! ) 62 and might mean another replacement later in life........offered me anti-inflammatories....but I cannot take them as I suffer from stomach acid and have an hiatus hernia and asthma....so will stick with paracetamol & codeine , when it gets too bad....oh and my trusty deep heat.....my doctor doesn't keep up with BoneSmart obviously & I had to have a little chuckle to myself....but it's fair to say I'm fair chuffed that it's not worse.

@Jaycey....can't tell you how much your message meant to me....with all that's going on in your life you take the time to help us all....you're my Super Hero.....!!! We are sooooo lucky to have you! Xxx

@NoraJ...I'm hoping you can stave off your knees too.....we can both get a lot of living before the next round of surgery...I've been very lucky as I've got a very dodgy left hip too but it has been very well behaved since my THR....long may it continue. Xxx

@Kim22. I'm hoping for a quick date for your hip....will watch out for progress. You get to the stage when it's not viable to put up with the pain....thinking of you. Xxx

@ RhondaK....been watching your progress.....you are doing well. Xxx

@MajorHeidi....hope your knees are not too painful at the moment honey xx





Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Hoppy Nanny - :happydance: great news! I guess we all have the wish about losing weight. But it sounds like you may be able to get control of things at least temporarily.

I don't really agree about you being too young. Yes, you are young for any joint replacement. But these things last a lifetime now.

At least you have a plan now - well done!
 
Oh yes Jaycey.... I have a plan... Now I need to implement it.....I started my diet the minute I came out of the surgery .... Still on it xxxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
That sounds good @Hoppy Nanny! At least you've a plan and a time frame to work to.

The weight loss bit is such a vicious circle. ..I'd be delighted to be your weight now! The other side of it is you are doing all the things which at least means no major shocks to the system. I'm glad your happy with the outcome!

RTHR May 27th 2014
 
Great news @Hoppy Nanny and wishing you lots of luck with the weight loss plan.You sound well motivated and that will hold you in good stead.Weight loss of even a few pounds can help with knee pain.I found Slimming World very good as the plan was very healthy and I was never hungry when on it.I should join you now but I lack motivation at the moment.I am so glad that you are not facing more surgery right now.
 
Hi, @Hoppy Nanny. . Just catching up with this thread after several days away from internet - we're having the last few days of gorgeous fall weather, so we went out camping in our van to enjoy & get away from my constant anxiety about surgery. . .nice break. I wanted to say how much I empathize with the knee pain & weight loss challenges. . I'm hoping my knee pain will be relieved by the THR - knee X-Ray looks pretty good, so 2 for 1 would be terrific. I've been determined to lose 30 lbs prior to surgery. . .started in July, down about 22 now. It is a constant struggle to maintain activity when the joints hurt! It sounds like you have a great plan for doing what you can. Best of luck. . .it helps a lot to know others are facing (& conquering) the same challenges!
 
Thanks @NoraJ...you are so right..weight loss is a vicious circle....and being only 5'2" doesn't help....if I was 6' Id be OK...lol...

@Kim22....I was a Slimming World Consultant for 5 years prior to my THR...I lost two & half stone on the plan myself! I loved doing it too. Got lots of lovely members to target so I should know exactly what I'm doing....but the theory is difficult to put into practice at the moment. I've been very lax about it lately....the Extra Easy is great but I'm a Red plan girl myself as carbs seem yo make the weight stick for me....you are right...it's the motivation that we need! But, I'm onto it now as I really want to avoid any more surgery any time soon!

You are so right @hopefulm...it does help to know that others are on the same , sometimes difficult journey....thank heavens for Bonesmart!! So glad you had a good break away.....the anxiety can be hard to deal with...however, the reality is that the op is more easier than you are fearing and the recovery..slow & steady....but so worth it. Many congratulations on your 22lbs weight loss...that's fantastic & will certainly aid your recovery.....keep us posted!!

I will post my weight losses (hopefully) as I go along....if anyone wants to join me I would be grateful for the company!!!

Love Chrissie xx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom