Revision THR will I ever reach the end of this drama?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help needed PLEASE
I am in so much pain. Had a dull deep pain yesterday and felt awful. Today it's nerve pain and just so awful. Can't cope within all over Christmas. Feel like crying ;(
Has anybody any ideas how to ease it before I go insanie ?? Josephine
:hairpulling: :tantrum: :sos:
 
Morning all.
Think I am over doing things. Hip is a bit sore today ;( best stay in and have a little rest I think!
Help needed PLEASE
I am in so much pain. Had a dull deep pain yesterday and felt awful. Today it's nerve pain and just so awful. Can't cope within all over Christmas. Feel like crying ;(
Has anybody any ideas how to ease it before I go insane ?? Josephine
:hairpulling: :tantrum: :sos:
I think these two posts speak for themselves, Millie. Even at this stage you can do too much and suffer the consequences. Have you taken pain killers? By which I mean your prescriptions ones?
 
Hi Millie

I have just seen your latest post. Gosh, I don't know what to say for the best. When I have a day of unexplained pain like that I just take the strong painkillers throughout the day, rest as much as I can and put heat from either a hot water bottle or a microwavable teddy on to the area. Ice does not work for me.

Have you been overdoing it these past two days? I have found that manouvering a very heavy shopping trolley through the chaotic car park at Sainsburys has affected me badly today.

How are you right now? I do hope that you can sleep well tonight and maybe rest tomorrow. I wish I could help you but all I can do is say that I understand how you are feeling and I do sympathise and hope that you will soon be feeling better.

Let me know now you are

Take care

Chris
 
Thanks both. Don't think I have done too much ? I am getting more active though so maybe. I have uped pain meds. Was given 2 new excersises to do at physio this week so maybe my muscles just don't like working. The physio was very good. She said do the excersises gently and only do the for a max of 2 mins twice a day. They don't feel too much. I am having my shopping delivered so I don't need to push any heavy trolleys.
It is 14 weeks since my surgery and I have been walking 8 weeks. Perhaps I am expecting a bit much ? I am off work now until 2nd jan so that gives my a rest.
Thanks for your support
Xx
 
I'm so sorry you've been having a rough time. I hope you get to feeling better real soon so you can enjoy the holidays.
Sending good vibes your way.:xmascandle:
 
Hi Millie

I think that you have just explained yourself why you are in such pain. You said that on Tuesday you managed to walk up the hill to your friend's house. I always find walking up hill quite painful. On Tuesday I also walked more than I have walked so far when I went to London for the day. I lost count of the number of steps and slopes that I climbed. I walked so well and it felt amazing to walk again without limping. I think that I also overdid it and have suffered for a couple of days but not as badly as you.

Let us hope that tomorrow our new hips have forgiven us and we can go forwards again. Maybe we should make every day be a "be kind to new hips day" ha ha.

I wish you a better day tomorrow

Chris
 
Hello everybody
Hope all your Christmas arrangements are going well. I am still sore today. I have got all my jobs done so trying to have a good rest now. The pain is under control at the mo thanks to good meds.
Hope your all having a good day x
 
Evening all.
Today I have stayed in my pyjamas so I am not tempted to do too much. I do think its the new excersises I have been given that is causing the problem. The thing is my hip is so tight I am not walking correctly ( I have never walked correctly in my life ) this is causing problems with my back and knees. If I can carry on then I hope it will help in the long term ?
I am shopping tomorrow with my wonderful girls. I had booked a scooter so won't be walking.
Hope you all have a lovely and pain free Christmas Eve

:merrychr:
 
[Bonesmart.org] will I ever reach the end of this drama? What a smart move, Millie. This way you can enjoy your girls and the shopping and have a memorable Christmas eve together. Keep up the good work. Remember that slow and steady wins the race.

Wishing you and your family
[Bonesmart.org] will I ever reach the end of this drama?
[Bonesmart.org] will I ever reach the end of this drama?
 
Millie, why don't you be extra good to yourself and have another day of rest tomorrow. You will feel so much better. I was having a great deal of pain from an over zealous PT. My surgeon put me on a mandatory rest period and it did me a world of good.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Tammy
 
Well had a lovely day with the girls today. Got myself a few treats and we enjoyed a lovely dinner. The scooter lasted a couple of hours then I was too stiff and cold to sit any longed so had a little walk. Not too far though ! Hubby got all the food peeped ready for me to cook dinned tomorrow.
On this day past year I realised my hip was breaking down and now it's all mended again and new ;)
Hope you all have a loveY time tomorrow xx
 
Millie,

I have a hard time knowing what is too much and have found it to be a matter of trial and error. It must be complicated for you because there are a lot of things that could affect where your pain is and what is causing it! I'm hoping you have a lovely Christmas and that you take it very easy.

Deb
 
Millie, sounds like your time with the girls was time well spent. I am very happy Santa brought you a new hip for Christmas.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Tammy
 
Happy Christmas Millie to you and your family.

I am going to Kara's this year so I am looking forward to that. Have a lovely day and take care. Best wishes

Chris
 
We had a lovely day. Had a house full of guests and lots of presents. I cooked dinner for everybody on by the time I had cooked it al I didn't feel like eating it ;(
I have just soaked my sore foot ( in growing toe nail ) and am chilling watching some telly.
I have a long drive tomorrow so need to have an early night I think.
Hope you all had a good day xx

:gbhse:
 
Morning all
Have you been sale shopping ? My younger daughter was in the massive que at 4pm yesterday morning while I was in my be ;)
Went to the relatives yesterday. The drive didn't do me any good. 2 hours each way and I was sore last night. Today am popping to the shops and the man is coming to repair my washer so can catch up on a weeks washing which will be tomorrow's job !
Hope you all have a Lovely day
Xx
 
Hi Millie

Do take care.. All that washing is going to wear you out on top of your festive activities and traveling..

I find even at 14 months post, I can overdo it and suffer the consequences of swelling and tenderness of soft tissue and muscles... Recovery from joint replacement takes a long time...
 
Morning Poppet
Yes I am definitely feeling it from yesterday. I have never had this sort of after effects before. Perhaps I am getting old ? I was doing really well sleeping but have started waking up e ery 45 mins or so to turn over ? We are getting a new mattress in a couple of weeks so I am hoping that might help.
I am really pleasedi am in a better state with my hip than last year but its never taken me so long to recover. After my right revision 7 years ago I had 4 months off work then was back like new. Don't think that will happen this time. Then I suppose it only took 4 hours of surgery with my right hip and this left 1 took 10 ??
Xx
 
I think you had better set aside a few days of doing nothing Millie.. This is major surgery and it takes 18 months to 25 months for the body to fully recover..

I sense you are a 'can do it Mom' but this recovery time is important for you.. How about a pajama party with the girls??
 
You have got me spot on Poppet.
At the moment I am sat in my pjs with my daughter. I have just been to fat class to get weighed. Only put 2.5 pounds on in 2weeks so am happy with that. My washing machine is now mended. I am planning to catch up with all the washing tomorrow.
I am having a good rest now ;)

:xmas-win:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom