Revision THR will I ever reach the end of this drama?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow millie you have really been through it, poor you but hopefully now you are getting a life back.
What job do you do? I am a mental health support worker so i really need to be fully fit as I have to restrain them sometimes and take them swimming, walking, eveerything really, so they can have a normal as can be life.
I have a bad day sometimes when i feel sorry for myself but then you see what some people are going through you realise how lucky you are.
I am going to try and go swimming in the next few weeks, my arms really won't stand it at the moment but it will be asap.
Will let you know how it goes that's if you don't go before me.:)
As I said in my thread I am going to concentrate on what I can do now and not what I can't.
Have a good day.:puppysmooze: Lesley
 
hi meatfeast
I am a registered childminder. I care for children from birth to 8 years.
I was looking through my get well card today when i came across o book given to me (i am told by hubby) the day after my surgery.I had just had 9 hour of surgery and 9 units of blood. my blood pressure was in my boots and they gave me a book to read !!
As i wasnt allowed to walk i was only shown bed excecises to do. after reading it thought i would try the other s as i have now been walking 2 weeks.
Oh dear i found then so hard. My leg was sore after trying only 10 of each. Think i need to practice doing them as i assume these will help build my leg up.
Will try 12 of each tomorrow :what:
 
Hi Millie, if your leg was sore after doing 10, I wouldn't suggest increasing it to 12.

Slow and steady, I think you may need to start in single figures and increase up from there :)

p.s. elevate and ice after doing them will help.
 
Aw bless you millie, you have been through so much.
It must be hard looking after young children after what you have been through.
I am not a medical person but it sounds like you are pushing yourself too hard too soon.
This is not a race, ive learnt that.
Slow and steady. Have a good day.:)
 
hello everybody
Have taken your advice Poppet and not increased excersises. Done 10 of each again and felt ok.
Had a much better day. Feeling better and my leg feels better.
Have had a very busy day so am going to try have a very easy weekend ready for work again on monday.
Been cuddling a 2 day old baby this afternoon so thats enough to cheer anybody up. Cant wait till i am looking after him in about 3 months time :)
 
Sorry forgot to ask before I pressed post.
At area at the top of my scar has gone very lumpy. It is not sore, red or hot. Has anybody any ideas what this could be :what:
Thanks :kittykiss:
 
second week of part time done. Full time next week !!
Leg is feeling much stronger. Am trying to remember to doexcersises at least once a day.
Am taking less meds
Happy bunny :)
 
Hi millie, wandering how you are getting on working fulltime? How are you coping? Have got some glucosamine gel to try, fingers crossed it helps. Let me know how the hips getting on. Lesley :)
 
Hi MeatFree
Hopy your hands are a bit better.
I had a busy day on Tuesday. My daughter graduated from uni. I was on my feet most of the day. it was wet and cold and i am paying for it :sad:
Work is going well but again its taking its toll. I am very stiff and pain has increased so has meds.I am finding that my hip feels ok its my pelvis and knee. Also feel i could sleep the clock round. I dosnt help that the baby i have is teething so wants picking uo lots.
Am sure it will get easier as time passes. Am going to physio tomorrow so will have a chat with them about it all.
Think I am just trying to do too much too quick but needs must.
take care :kittykiss:
 
This is difficult for you Millie, working and with a young baby and your own recovery.

Am I right in assuming you are sitting at work?

I made sure I had ice packs and heat packs with me at work and even now at 12 months post, my ice packs are still in my office freezer.. just incase.. If I have a stressful day, I find I wriggle a lot in my chair, so often will sit on wither heat or cold.. Also, I force myself to move every 20 - 30 mins.

I read a very good article ( can't find it straight away) about the benefit of just standing at the back of your chair for just 1 minute improves circulation and stiffness. Also stretch regularly. I stand at the back of my chair and do some tippy toe stretches and any other stretch that I feel like.
 
Hi Poppet
Yes i am back at work. I dont sit down for long while i am working but try to get some rest. The baby is very good but as with all little people she needs picking up and looking after.
It also means getting up earlier as i work 7.45am to 5.45pm its a long day.
Have been to physio today and they have said my pelvis is tilted so that causes me to walk wrong. I have excercises to do to try help along with 1s i was given in the hospital. I am spose to do them 3 times a day ! think if i manage twice i will be lucky. Hoping they will get easier in time.
Think my muscles are just rebelling at the mo as in quiet a lot of pain.:boohoo:
On the plus side i have worked a week and managed. I have also sighned up a new family to start in Jan :dancy:
 
Millie,

Your story is quite remarkable with all of the surgeries you've had. I suppose you're pretty aware when enough's enough and to take a rest when you can. I know it can be challenging to find the time, but you really need to make the time this early on as when you are really good and able that will reflect the time you gave to yourself. Putting it off will only make the journey longer. So be good to thyself, friend!
 
Hi dede62
Thats just what the physio said today when I met him for the 1st time. I am a tough cookie and always bounce back in the end. Although this time it is taking a little longer :)
I think you are so right. I have no choice about working but am going to really try plan rest times into my day. I am planning to have a nice sleep i saturday and sunday and not do much apart from a few house jobs.
Not even a trip to the shops tomorrow. Just an easy weekend or thats the plan !!
:kittykiss:
 
Oh good Millie :) rest and recover :)
 
Afternoon all
had a day in the house today. Caught up with the ironing and jobs around the house but kept taking tea breaks and having a sit down
Its nasty outside. Was very cold and frosty 1st thing then the rain and wind have arrived.
hope you all had a good day x :cheers:
 
Millie, I hope you have a tall stool to sit on while you are ironing. I am happy to see that you are taking breaks to rest between your activities.

Sending some Florida sunshine your way!

Tammy
 
Doing ironing sure I could think of many other interesting things I could be doing, mind and take it easy at work Milie

Billy
 
I can think of some other things I would rather do than iron as well....but we all have our crosses to bear. Love the humor Billy.
 
Hi all
I dont like ironing but am afraid it has to be done. Had a good day at work and done my excersises so just the sleep thing to get done now. fed up of being awake ever hour :gaah:
 
What's ironing? :umm:From a man's perspective, who has lived alone for decades, Ironing is a make-work activity nowadays only practiced by people with too much time on their hands. You don't have to be a slave to fashion and buy clothing that needs ironing. Sorry, I just had to jump in here.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom