Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR will I ever reach the end of this drama?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening all
1st thing - can anybody tell me how to change the title at the top of my page please ?
Been for another visit to the consultant today.
Seems I had 2 cracks on my femur on my last x-ray in may. After today's x-ray I am pleased to hear 1 of them has healed. The other is not in an area where much stress is caused so the conclusion was it was better to leave it and see haw it goes. The consultant was happy to see me in a year but wanted me to see a physio consultant !
Well after he twisted pulled and pushed my poor legs to the limit he told me he was concerned about the damage and scar tissue around the muscles and soft tissues in and around my hips.
To help ensure hip replacements last as long as possible they are recommending younger patients have physio to improve muscle strength and posture.
I have agreed to go for an appointment but am now worried as last time I had physio it created all sorts of problems.This evening I am in pain as he put me through a whole range of movements to see what I could and couldn't do.
Dreading the letter coming now :boohoo:
 
millie4162, You can't change the thread title, but I can. So just let me know what you want it changed to, and I'll take care of it for you.
 
Well, physio can be helpful, but not if it's going to hurt! :cry: It's important to tell them clearly to stop, if they try to push past what you are comfortable with. That can be hard to do though, if they're an aggressive personality and you aren't.

What if you try some exercises on your own (without physio)? It's not complicated and you may not even need the physio at all.
Here's a thread with some exercises you could try. Do you think you can do those?
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/exercises-to-strengthen-the-hip-joint.12754/
 
Thanks have had a look and will start to give them a go.
I have spoken to a nurse I know very well and asked her about this chap. Seems he is old fashioned type of physio. If you can't feel it it's not working, no pain no pain sort of guy. The problem is I have had so many surgeries in my life and nearly always have been told not to do it if it still hurts. If you are still in pain after am hour of a certain exercise don't do it again. Am really wondering wether to just cancel the appointment when it turns up. ??
On a good note. I have had a full working week for the 1st time in overly a year ;) I have had 6 or 7 children in my care all week and I feel I am back. I am really tiered tonight but will have a lovely sleep in tomorrow . :happydance: :yay:
 
Good evening everybody. Hope you are all keeping well and enjoying your new shiny hips xx:cheers:
 
Happy New Year Millie, hope 2014 is a great one for you.xx
 
Evening all
Here we go again. The pain has returned again. Thought I had just done too much but am now beginning to think there is a problem again :headbang:
 
Millie,
Sorry about the pain returning. I to am the sole bread winner as my hubby has/had cardiac issues at a young age. I was lucky I had personal insurance or we would be on the welfare at this point. I had short term disability through work which was for 4 months. I told my boss I will be back in 3 months. It has been a year and 4 months and I have a few more months to go. It really puts a strain on you when you are carrying the weight of supporting your family. And then the pressure of getting back to work. Please take it as easy as you can. My heart is with you. So sorry about the pain returning please keep us updated.
 
Thanks ladies
I have tried to have a very lazy day so. Will see if it makes a difference. Really havnt got time for all of this pain. After being off and returning to work slowly I am now at full pace.
Am carrying on with the excersies and will not be silly and hope it sorts itself out ??
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom