Revision THR will I ever reach the end of this drama?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Christmas presents already wrapped. I haven't even started shopping yet. I feel like such a slacker.
 
Evening gang
Physio went better than expected.
Seems as i have had so much surgery the way i walk is putting the rest of my joints under pressure including my knees and back. I have never been refured to physio before so have been walking wrong all my life.
The pain i am having is because the wrong muscles i have been using have become very strong and by trying to use the right muscles my body is fighting back. They have advised cutting back on the excercises and only doing 3 reps of each only building up when i have no pain. They said as i have been walking this way for so many years it is going to take a longv time to correct if it can be done at all. I have to go back oin 2 week time.
Even if it takes time and is painful at 1st i think if it can inprove my long term walking it will be worth it. I hope !! :what:
 
I will certainly be worth it. But think of it this way, you now have a medical reason to just be a bit lazy and let your muscles get soft. Glad to see you have a can-do attitude! That will take you a long way.
 
Evening.
Late update today. Well have started up the physio again and it's ok. Only a few of each so will see how it goes. Had a very busy day working and even had time for a little walk ;)
Hubby has treated me to an iPad so am enjoying playing at the mo :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile:
 
Hi Millie, hope you are ok today and that you are still enjoying playing with your iPad. My husband bought me one last year and I think it is the best thing that I have ever been given. I have used it every day since. It is so convenient to have it by your side and it so quick to use. It has been a godsend during the recovery weeks.

I would have replied to you earlier but I have had a few bad days and didn't want to moan. I unfortunately went into Coventry to start Christmas shopping -big mistake! Maybe I should have taken my walking stick with me. I only lasted an hour and had to go back to the car and head home. I'm glad to say that I am much better today. It really does seem that two steps forward and one back is the route that recovery takes.

Good luck with your physiotherapy, hope that you get excellent results, take care

Chris
 
Hi Chris
Hope you are feeling a little better. You could always borrow a scooter to go round Coventry. I find it hilly and slippy. I usually have a buggy with me to hold onto but I have borrowed a scooter if I am going to be long or have a lot to do. We are going to Milton Kynes shopping on Christmas Eve and although I am sure I will be ok I am going to book a scooter so I won't get too tiered.
I am loving my iPad and been playing on it since I had it.
I have been working all day today although only 2 children so not too bad.
Have a good rest and take care :kittykiss:
 
Evening all.
Sorry not posted for a few days. Had a big surprise on Friday. My daughters had arranged a surprise birthday party for me. There was over 100 people there. Some I hadn't seen for nearly 30 years. Was a wonderful end to a bad year for me.
On the bad side I was on my feet talking and hugging friends for 5 hours. As you can understand I paid for it on Saturday and Sunday.
Back to normal and work today !
How's everybody else doing ?
Hope you had a good weekend :kittykiss:
 
Well Millie, let me be the first to say:

[Bonesmart.org] will I ever reach the end of this drama?
 
Hi Millie

Happy belated birthday. How lovely for you to have such a fabulous surprise party. It's a shame that you had to pay for it over the weekend, perfectly understandable though. Do hope that you have recovered somewhat now.

I have arranged a few surprise parties for family & friends over the years but never on that scale! Your daughters must have had a great time arranging it!

I am much better again now but I am not going into Coventry again, like you said, too many slippy slopes and floors. I will stick with going to the Richo retail park. I am going to Leamington tomorrow with my friend. I love it there and do most of my shopping there. We are stopping on the way to have our usual Christmas lunch together so it should be a good day. We will certainly be having a giggle, we seem to be growing old disgracefully I am happy to say. I have been feeling quite down recently so it will do me the world of good.

Hope you are still enjoying your iPad, I don't know what I would do without mine.

Hope that your week goes well, take care

Chris
 
Evening.
Well where has the week gone ? I have had a busy week with the children. I decided to start getting them out a little more this week. Was good for the children but i needed more rest time to get over out little trips.
We went to Solihull yesterday. Was wet but we stayed in the shopping centre so kept dry. We are going to Milton Kynes on Christmas Eve. I love it there. My daughter has already booked a scooter for me. :happydance:
 
[Bonesmart.org] will I ever reach the end of this drama? Glad to hear you're getting out and about with your children and making plans to enjoy Christmas. The scooter will make your outing to Milton Kynes a lot of fun for you. Just don't over spend!!!

Take care of yourself and keep us posted. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] will I ever reach the end of this drama?
 
Hi Millie

Where has the week gone indeed. I have been on my own this week as my husband has been in New York for his job. He goes away alot which I don't mind at all but New York! - one of my favourite places and at Christmas too, well I did mind a bit ha ha. He is away most of the coming week too so I will have a tidy house again this week. On Tuesday I am going to London with my friend and her husband to the Royal Albert Hall for a Carol Service there. Our favourite singer Russell Watson is singing there which makes it more special for us. Hopefully it will get us more in the Christmas spirit. Can't believe it is only a week away!

I like Solihull for shopping too but I wish that Marks & Spencers was in the shopping centre too especially when it is raining!

Hope you enjoy your trip to Milton Keynes, I haven't been there for years. I bet it is lovely at Christmas.

Take care, hope you manage to get more rest.

Best wishes

Chris
 
Morning all
I would love to go to London but don't think I am ready for that just yet. I always watch carols from Kings on Christmas Eve. I would like to go to midnight mass but never make it. My girls are growing up now and I thing this may be the last Christmas we can do all our little Christmas things such as the girlie outing on Christmas Eve. My oldest daughter is a special needs teaching assistant at stivichall primary and has recently moved in with her partner. they are trying for a baby so by next year i could be a grandma and they will have christmas a s afamily n their house. My youngest has just qualified as a nurse and is starting a job at Warwick hospital in jan so she will probably be working next Christmas.
It is 14 weeks since my surgery now and 9 weeks since I started walking. I feel at last things are looking up and I am starting to think more positive. I am at physio again tomorrow and I am going to join my slimming world class again on weds.
Where a outs in Coventry do you live Chris. I live in Finham. We have been here 27 years now.
Have a good day x
 
Hello Millie

Just come home from a meal out with our friends. I can hardly move I feel so full. Only had two courses but I just cannot eat very much these days which is probably just as well as I also should go back to Slimming World. New Year perhaps, that's seems to be the usual time for starting again. My eldest daughter Kara used to run the classes a few years ago in Earlsdon at the Methodist Church. They were really good fun, I think we all laughed ourselves thin! Kara also lives in Finham, she lives in Roman Way off Howes Lane. Her boys used to go to a child minder named Lisa who lived near to the Harvester, just can't think of the name of the road. I live in Eastern Green and have been in the same house for 45 years - too long!!!!

Wouldn't it be lovely to have a grandchild arriving in time for Christmas? Grandchildren are such a blessing, I have two grandsons, one 14 this year and the younger one just 9. Christmas becomes exciting once again and you get a second chance of enjoying it with young ones.

Hope your physio goes well for you tomorrow, where do you go for it by the way? I'm not having any at all. Maybe I will later when the xrays show that the fracture has completely healed. I am walking really well, just still can't put socks or tights on without an aid and still cannot cut my toe nails but if they are the only problems left from the surgery then I consider myself to be lucky.

Hope your week goes well, take care,

Chris
 
Hi Chris
It's a small world. Lisa is a wonderful childminder and 1 of my best friends. I also know your daughter and youngest grandson !!
If you show your daughter she will tell you my real name ;)
Px
 
Wow, you know I had the strangest feeling that you might know her that is why I put the information about Lisa. It certainly is a small world.

I see that you know Ben, once seen never forgotten is Ben, he is a real character still.

Hopefully I will see Kara this week, I am sure that she will be surprised at the coincidence too. I agree that Lisa is a great child minder, Kara was very lucky to have her for both of her boys.

Take care of you

Chris
 
Evening all
Well physio was a little better today. Had a new girl and she seems to know her stuff. She gave me a few more excersises to do but said only to do them for 2 mins max and only twice a day. She tinke it's best to build up slowly and keep the walking going and that will be enough. I did ask if I could go swimming but they are not wanting me to go yet.
Chris I will see Lisa tomorrow. I am going to try walk up to her house if the weather is ok. I live behind the garage. Yes I have had the pleasure of Ben many times. He is a lovely chap and I bet he's growing up now. Are they still into rugby ? I saw a lot of Ben when he was a little boy before he started school.
Have a goog night
 
Hi

Firstly glad that physio was a bit better today for you.

Secondly, I have just spoken to Kara and she immediately knew who I was talking about. So yes, now I know your name. Ben is playing both football and rugger. He is a goalkeeper in football and is actually quite good, Tom his brother has given up football but is still playing rugger. They both play for Barker Butts. Ben is at Priorsfield School in Kenilworth and is very clever and that's not just a proud grandmother talking I can assure you. Talking to him is like talking to an adult, he never ceases to amaze us all. Kara is going to ask him if he remembers you and I am pretty sure that he will.

Remember me to Lisa if you manage to walk to hers tomorrow. Hope that the weather is ok for you.

Please take care

Chris
 
Evening.
Walked up hill to my friends today for the day. Went up and down stairs 3 times so all good physio ;) My hip is a bit sore tonight but I am pleased with myself. Have a very busy day tomorrow. Working 8 am till 6pm with 3 under 5s but am sure I will enjoy being back in. The swing of things.
Chris I spoke to lisa and she said to send her regards. We always knew Ben was a bright spark.
Hope every body else has had a good day :kittykiss:
 
Morning all.
Think I am over doing things. Hip is a bit sore today ;( best stay in and have a little rest I think !
How's everybody else doing today ?
Chris I spoke to Lisa and she sends her love.
Have a good day everybody and don't do too much
Xx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom