Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR will I ever reach the end of this drama?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning gang,
Just to let you all know.
I am having a pyjama day today. The main reason being I am waiting for a phone call and I need to have a good tidy up. Will be glad when the decorations come down so I can have a good clean.
Hope you had a good day with Cara and the boys Chris and hope there all ok.
I went back to fat class last night. Was happy as a have only put on 2.5 pounds so am back on plan today. I have to say since having my new hip my apatite has changed. I am eating much less and I have lost my sweet tooth so fingers crossed the weight will start to come off now ?
My neighbour has done a whole weeks washing for me as my washer was not repaired yesterday so will be in drying it all and ironing today.

:angel:
 
Think another rest day is in order tomorrow. My youngest daughter has a night shift so won't be able to make much noise as she will be trying to sleep. ! :bicycle1:
 
Evening all,
Just taken youngest daughter to do her night shift. Will have to get up early to pick her up in the morning as its very tiring looking after the sick at night.
It's been raining and dull here for most of the day so have stayed indoors. Am hoping its dryer tomorrow. Have a few jobs to do and the car to get cleaned. Spent most of the day updating paperwork ready for work next week. Te holidays go by soo fast :bicycle1:
 
Hi Millie

Hope that you enjoyed your pyjama day yesterday and that you managed to get some rest on this wet dreary day today.

We had a lovely day at Kara's thank you, the boys were great and we had a good time with them.

Hope that your daughter has a reasonable night tonight, she is lucky to have you to pick her up in the morning. I am sure that she is very grateful.

When is your washer going to be repaired? How nice of your neighbour to do your wash for you. I am lucky to have good neighbours like that too.

You have done well with your weight, I just found out today that I have put on 7lbs even though I just cannot eat very much at all. I really will have to get back on to the plan. New Year resolution? Maybe.

Take care

Chris
 
You make me smile oldyellr .. It even rains here in Australia and we complain!

Hi Millie, sounds like you are a very busy lady.. How are you feeling?
 
Morning
The rain has stopped for a while so will try get out today. Need to pop to do a little shopping and post some birthday cards. The car could really do with a clean but will see and the ironing mountain also needs climbing ;(
Hi Poppet. I am ok. Still feel like am doing everything in slow motion, the pain reminds me to rest and I still have down days. It's 15 weeks now since surgery and have been walking 9 weeks so I suppose it's still early days. I do feel more positive and am wondering about reducing my pain meds ?
Have a good day every body

Xx :kittykiss:
 
Hi Millie

I have to be honest (and I stress we are all different), but I was operating in slow motion up until about 7 months. Recovery seemed to go in leaps and bounds in the early months, and that is to be expected.. then it stalled around 4 months until seven.

Then all of a sudden, my stamina was high, my mobility was great, my hip felt strong and pretty much from then on I had the 'forgotten hip'.. so many times I do little things around the house or in the garden and I think seconds after - wow! I just did that without even thinking about it.. But I know that even at 13 months post, I can still push a boundary and pay for it..

I was talking to a lady in her late 80's in the pool the other day, it was the first time she had seen me since surgery, in fact the last time she saw me at the pool, I was leaning on my elbows over my walker.. This friend is my absolute idol! She has had three lots of back surgery (back in the 50's), both hips, both knees and both shoulders replaced.... She goes to the pool every day, because she says otherwise she will stiffen up and be no good for the day. I asked her, what her typical day was, it went like this....

1 hour at the pool (7am)
Breakfast/dishes/tidying up etc..
Choir practice
Gardening Club
Works 2 days a week in the retirement village shop as a volunteer
Reads to the 'oldies' - remember she is in her late 80's

So, I said, you have a busy life? - 'oh, no my dear, I wish I could find something else to do to fill in the time!'

Now, that is what I want to be like - this lady is not going to rust out...

BUT, (and there is always a but!), she said - 'it takes two full years to fully recover from a hip replacement or knee etc.., so be patient my dear!'

Patience is something that does come with a THR recovery.... don't worry about the mountain of ironing, do the essentials... there will always be tomorrow - rest when you need it and even if you don't - you are entitled to this time :)
 
Hi Poppet

So glad to have read your post, it has made me feel a lot better. I am now 20 weeks into recovery and find that I am still operating mostly in slow motion. Good to know that it is quite normal. I do have other problems that don't help and I think that I could sleep for England as they say. I was very lucky after my procedure in that I could sleep so well and on my back which I have never before been able to do!

I can walk really well for which I am most grateful however, I am still very aware of the discomfort, pain and stiffness at the site of the
fracture. It will be good to see at my six month appointment if the fracture has healed ok.

It was also lovely to read about the 80 year old lady you met at the pool, wow! What an inspiration, I will keep her in mind when I am complaining to myself.

Happy New Year, best wishes

Chris
 
countdowner

You are very welcome :) - it is all about time and patience. I remember prior to my surgery, I used to think, I will be just grateful that I can walk unaided... and so it is...

I will be eager to read the outcome of your six month check on the fracture :)
 
Well that was a bus busy day in the end !!!
Started off by picking up my daughter who had worked a night shift in A&E. Put christmas to bed till next year. Did lots of paperwork ready for work next week, went shopping and had the car cleaned (all in today's plan) then the bubble burst.
Had a call about family needing emergency care so had to dash out and do contracts and paperwork with them and will be working tomorrow half day then full time from weds.
Was planning to go back on 8th. Never mind the pennies will come in handy.
I also have the dreaded physio tomorrow afternoon so not looking forward to that !! :what: :what:
 
Was just thinking how all this damp and rain has made my joints so sore :what:
Then realised I haven't taken any painkillers. Ups !!! Don't think it's time to reduce meds yet ? :spin:
 
Was told yesterday by the physio that the consultant will see me on weds while I am with her to review my progress !!
 
Hi Millie

Firstly Happy New Year to you and your family. Did you have a celebration? It was very quiet here, just hubby, I and the cat.
Hope all goes well with the consultant tomorrow. Hope it will be a good start to 2013 for you.

Best wishes

Chris
 
Evening Chris
We Had a very quiet night. I was busy yesterday so just me hubby and our cat. The girls spent the evening together at Hannah's house. Aim back to work again full time tomorrow so not done much today but it was nice to see the sun.
Will report back on tomorrow's visit to the physio and consultant.

:kittykiss:
 
Morning, well nearly afternoon !
Appointment went very well. Saw registrar. He said they wer very surprised at how mobile I was after having such extensive surgery. They expected me to be off my feel for about 6months (they don't know me !!) I asked if they really thought the physio was really necessary. He said as I was making such good progress it was a good idea to carry on. They understand I have always walked in a strange way but are trying to get the muscles to work better so helping to prevent future pain ? As far as the pain is concerned he told me to carry on with meds and not reduce them yet !
I am to have gental excersises to do and see him again in 4 - 6 weeks.
I am pleased to have their opinion on the physio as I was beginning to think it was a waste of every bodies time .
Hope you all having a good day

:kittykiss:
 
Hi

I am so pleased that all went so well for you this morning. I can uncross my fingers now then! I am glad that you proved their prognosis to be wrong, that must be a great feeling - well done you. It must also be a relief to you that you can continue with your pain meds.

They seem to be taking very good care of you at the hospital and that's good to hear these days!

I have had a good day too, went shopping in a very busy Sainsburys and managed to walk around without one limp and actually forgetting
about my hip. How good is that? I did have to take my strong painkillers this morning though, managed without any yesterday until before
bed, I think that is the third time that I have done that.

Hopenthe rest of your week goes well, take care,

Chris
 
Morning all
Well very sore and stiff after the pulling round yesterday. It's my big 50 today so not expecting much rest ;)
Have a good day everybody

Xx :kittykiss:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom