Surgery 4 weeks ago tomorrow. All in all, a fairly uneventful recovery - except for the pain, no sleep, etc.! I had been moving around well with good heel-toe until Friday. Discharged from home PT that morning and by afternoon, I had started to swell - this after no exercises that morning. Had pain so I ended up just icing and elevating the whole weekend. Strangely, the top of the knee isn't the problem. The pain was on the back of my knee. It was damp, cold and rainy here so I checked the NWS for what the barometer was doing. It was bouncing all around, up and down. So my "kneeteorologist" picked up on it. Still had some pain and swelling this morning that made me walk like Chester, for all you who remember "Gunsmoke".
I started outpatient PT this morning. My former PT moved so I began with a new one but at the same facility. She is delightful. My numbers are 128 and 0. She thinks after the swelling goes down, they will improve but I'm not concerned about it. I did some very slow rotations on the bike set at 0, and a very few other stretches. The swelling prevented me from doing a lot. Then she put some type of electrode things on my knee with an ice pack that she said would help with the swelling. It kind of vibrated.
After that, I drove to Walmart to pick up my order. First time I've used it but cannot say enough good things about it for anyone, but especially those of us not up to a grocery trip. The website walks you through how to do it. And since I was so proud of myself, I went to Whataburger! First time eating one in a year and the grease was good for the soul!
I've been elevating and icing since I got home and the combination of everything seems to be working. The weather is settling down and the barometer is holding steady. Chester is leaving the building and I am glad! Now I'd like to put the kneeteorologist out of business! By the way, the weather did not effect knee #1 at all so maybe in the future, when #2 is healed, I'll just laugh at the barometer.
Here's hoping that everyone is moving forward toward recovery- we will all get there eventually!