My gut felt just awful after surgery and I stayed with the colace and miralax at the advice of my surgeon. I only felt worse. I finally quit both of those and started eating prunes. My bowel cleared up fast and I felt so much better.
I also found it was really helpful to use cannabis after my LTKR. I lived in Colorado at the time where it's legal and so I was able to go to a dispensary and buy quality, lab tested products. Right after my TKR, I used just a little in a tincture in addition to the oxycodone I was prescribed. It really helped me to be able to use less of the oxy and I was able to extend the time out before I needed to take another dose of the narcotic. My husband did the same thing when he had rotator cuff surgery and we'd both swear by it. I was able to get off all the narcotics after only 3 weeks and only used ibuprofen. I also used CBD too which has great anti-inflammatory benefits. I'm almost at 7 months now and so my knee is finally feeling a lot better. But it's still a little stiff and at night it's a little achy. Especially if I've walked on it more that day. Like everyone has said - this has been a much longer process than I ever would have anticipated! And it's been pretty discouraging at times. I've never been a good sleeper due to having a history of PTSD with a lot of anxiety so I still use a CBD gummy at night. Most nights, this helps. I'd encourage you to try to get some non-psychoactive CBD. That can help a lot with the inflammation and some of the pain that results from that. Take care and hang in there and know that there's a bunch of us in this journey with you!@beachy Wondering as I asked Tino2 about your cannabis type and dose. I did take some gummies before surgery with some good results. My surgeon warned not to take for a couple of weeks pre-surgery but the ongoing pain at about 6 1/2 weeks now is making me think of a trip to the cannabis store
United Kingdom

United States
United States
United Kingdom
United States
Canada
United Kingdom
Agree. I have a Aircast cryocuff. I fill the vacuum container with lots of ice before bed and rest the cool water jacket on my knee.Also, I used to wake up frequently from the pain for about an hour or so each time. I reduced this by doing the following: beside my bed, in a small cooler is a prepared ice pack (I wrap mine in pee pads like an envelope so if/when they leak, the bedding doesn't get wet), and also have some pain meds for that middle-of-the-night recurrence of pain you KNOW you will have. Having this reduces my chance of becoming fully awake to retrieve these things, and I can get back to sleep faster after waking