THR Weight gain?

Great update. Happy Four Week Anniversary!
You may very well be tired on Monday evening after such an active day.
Rest, ice and elevation should get you through. Of course adequate sleep too.
Let us know how it goes next week.
A great weekend to you!
@naka21
 
:goodpost: one month out.
Have a great weekend.:)
 
Going back to work on Monday morning..... then a PT session.... then band practice.
Good that you are doing well however going back to work at only one month out is pretty aggressive. I would not recommend scheduling anything else on the days you are working during the first few weeks. You still have energy drain to deal with!
 
Totally agree...I transitioned back staying at 5 weeks and it wiped me out and I know now it was way too early.
Luckily I could draw back with backup but...
Give that hip all the TLC and time you can muster.
 
Thanks for the concern. My job doesn't entail anything strenuous and my boss (also my best friend) is great in that she said, if I find it too much to be in the office, I can modify my schedule to either work part time or from home. I'm going to see how it goes on Monday. I'm really looking forward to getting out of the house for something other than PT.
 
Best of luck to you. Take it slow and easy.
It's a blessing your boss / friend is flexible.
Nice to have options if you realize it's too soon to be back.
Best wishes it all works out for you :flwrysmile:
@naka21
 
Good morning, all!

Day 4 of being back at work. Taking it easy (luckily, it's slow here right now), but never realized how much walking I actually do at my job. My first day back was exhausting...and I had PT right after work, too. By the time I got home, I was truly done for the day. If I ever have to have my other hip done, I'll make sure I have enough time to take a full 6 weeks off.

Last night I took my first standing-up shower in over a month. Unfortunately, I don't have a walk-in shower....I'm blessed with one of those old claw-foot tubs, but it's rather high. I was able to climb into the tub after about a week and a half and sit on a shower stool. Last night I felt steady enough to try standing the whole time. Happy to report that I'm alive AND clean! My goal is to finally be able to have a nice, hot soak in the tub. PT says that'll be another couple of weeks.
 
@naka21 You are seeing the result of going back to work just a bit too early. Sounds like you are coping but please don't do anything except go to work, come home and rest. You don't need PT as well. If you are walking at work - that's your PT.

Congratulations on the standing shower. I too had a claw-foot tub with shower overhead when I had my RTHR. Could only manage to get into the tub using a small step and a grab bar. The challenges of recovery - worth it in the end!
 
don't need PT as well.
I agree wholeheartedly...don't want to create issues...I went back at 5 weeks worth bilateral part-time and that was way too early.
Dropped PT for months and iced AND elevated and rested as soon as possible.
I worry for you...this WAS a big surgery! Lots of deep healing still happening!
 
@Mojo333 I'm doing really well. Survived a whole week at work. I did make it a point to get to bed extra early every night and rested at every opportunity.

@AgilityDog No triangle for this girl. I'm the female lead singer in an oldies band. Our rehearsals are really laid back and we sit the whole time. Tonight is actually my first gig back since surgery (doctor ok'd it) and I'm making sure to rest between sets.
 
How fun!
Never noticed the mic in your avatar. Afraid to ask....what's considered "oldies" these days?
Hope you have fun your first time back. Rest up afterwards.
@naka21
 
How fun!
Never noticed the mic in your avatar. Afraid to ask....what's considered "oldies" these days?
Hope you have fun your first time back. Rest up afterwards.
@naka21
@Layla The group I'm with now does a lot of doo-wop from the 50's.... and we go all the way to some disco hits as well. I used to sing with a band that did all contemporary stuff years ago. I've gotten my new band to try some newer stuff (like Adele).... they're slow to come around, though (our fan base is mostly older folks). I love to sing, so I don't really care what I'm singing.... it's always fun for me.

We just finished up and I'm sitting here waiting for the guys to pack up. My hip feels okay, but I think it'll hit me tomorrow. Good thing I have absolutely nothing to do tomorrow but rest.

Goodnight, all.
 
Music is so good for the soul.
So happy you are doing well..onward and upward!
:yahoo:
 
Bet you loved it! Good you made it through. After a little rest, you'll be good as new.
I think of oldies as 60's music. Still fun to listen to.
Pretty soon the music from our era will be considered "oldies", lol! Well...I'll speak for myself since I have a few yrs on you.
Hope your week is great!
@naka21
 
Good morning!

Haven't updated in a while, but I'm still here.

Today I drove for the first time in almost 7 weeks! My drive to work is only about 5 minutes, but I did it. I don't know what I was so scared of. I had someone in the car with me in case I couldn't do it and we both survived <smile>.

Everything else has been going well. I'm half way through my third week back at work. Last week I had to take a day off, though. I woke up with a headache and was just SOOOOOO tired. My boss (also my best friend) told me I could "work from home".....which involved a long nap on the sofa for a good part of the day.

PT is going well, too. I got frustrated the other day when I had trouble balancing on my operated leg.....actually, I broke into tears. The exercise was to try and balance on one leg (standing on a cushion) for 30 seconds....I could only do about 10 seconds at a time. I know I need to cut myself some slack sometimes, but it seems like something so simple to do and I can't....YET. I am getting stronger every day, though. I really want to walk without a cane for my son's college graduation in a month. Goals.

Anyway, that's about it for now. Hope everyone is doing well.
 
I have no balance so couldn’t do that before or after surgery. You’re doing great don’t let that set you back. I’m sure you’ll attain your goal. But even if you don’t, know that it will come in time :flwrysmile:
 
:hi: Thanks for the update!
It sounds like you're doing well. So nice to be driving again. I practiced around my neighborhood too,
felt like a 16 yr old dork :driver: Naturally I wanted to make sure I felt comfortable hitting the break suddenly.
I passed! You did too :happydance:

It's nice you have an understanding boss in case you've bitten off more than you can chew...temporarily.
Try not to stress over the inability to balance on your op leg. So many things just slowly return. You'll try it one day and struggle and all of a sudden weeks later you realize its finally possible. Still a lot of healing going on.

I'm betting you walk into your son's graduation without the cane. :yay:
Hope you have a great rest of the week!
@naka21
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom