THR Weight gain?

Thanks, @Layla

Almost forgot.....I ordered a new t-shirt for myself (picture attached) and can't wait to wear it to PT next week once it arrives. Yes, I'm a little dorky sometimes.
[Bonesmart.org] Weight gain?
 
Oh a bath what a fabulous thought. I have been strip washing for six weeks as I hate showers
 
@catt I've been dying for a nice, hot bath for 7 weeks now. PT says I'm not ready, but I'm so tempted to just try it for the heck of it. Only problem is if I get stuck in the tub, there's no one to help me out. I'll be good and wait until I know I can get up easily from a seated position on the floor and then all bets are off. I've got way too much invested in Lush bath products to see them all go to waste <smile>.
 
Great for progress and driving.
Onward:yahoo:
Need one if those tees
 
Yes, wait on the bath :bath: We don't want to hear tales of hunky fireman rescuing you from the tub
when you don't answer calls, miss singing gigs etc :heehee:

The Lush products sound lovely, by name. I must check that out!
Hope the rest of your week is great!
@naka21
 
Hi, all. Recovery continues to be an adventure. I was ill all weekend and suspected it was a case of bronchitis (confirmed by the doctor on Monday). Monday morning I got into the shower (thinking I'd attempt to go to work), felt woozy and proceeded to pass out in the shower. When I came to I was sitting on the floor of my tub in 3 inches of water (must have been out for a few minutes at least). The first thing I checked was my new hip and it seemed to be okay. I was so afraid that I'd dislocated it. Once I felt okay I got up slowly and out of the tub. Other than a bruise on my back where I'd hit the faucet on my way down, there was no damage (other than my broken shower). On the bright side, I was able to get out of the tub from a seated position.....maybe now I CAN have that hot bath I've been craving.
 
Oh my word! That is scary. I'm glad you're okay...it could have been much worse.
I hope you're doing better and feeling stronger by now. Get lots of rest!
To brighter days....
@naka21
 
Thanks, @Layla. I've been on antibiotics since Monday afternoon. Going to try the work thing again tomorrow.
 
Best of luck....maybe skip the shower? :eeeuw: Maybe not. I know I couldn't :heehee:
Just be careful, hate to see a repeat of that shower accident.

Singing lately, or is that on hold for now?
How fun :happydance:that must be, you rock star!

Wishing you the best!
 
@Layla Not to worry....I put my shower stool back in my tub just in case.

As for gigs, we just played last Thursday night (right before I got sick).
 
:no-fin: no no no falling down!
It's in the rule book.

I had a fall and remember how frightened I was for my new hips.
So glad no hip harm done.

Glad to know you are doing well with your recovery!:ok:
 
:hi:
Good to hear, best to be safe until you're feeling better / stronger.
Hope all goes well with your return to work today. You'll have to let us know how you handled it.
You're coming up on two months very soon. :yay:
Stay safe and be well!:flwrysmile:
@naka21
 
Happy Two Month Anniversary!
Hope you're doing well.
Best wishes for a great rest of the week! :)
@naka21
 
Thanks.

I can't believe it's been 2 months already. It flew by.

Hit some milestones this weekend: first, I was able to squat down to pick up the garbage my dog had decided to drag around my kitchen (haven't been able to do that for years); second, I was able to sit cross-legged on my bed (again, haven't done that in years); and, third, I walked up the stairs without leaning against the wall the whole way (took me a little longer, but my leg was strong enough to do it). This is the third day I haven't used my cane at work (first day I haven't brought it with me at all). I'm pretty pleased with myself.

I still have a ways to go. My muscles had been babied for so many years, that I still have a lot of strengthening to do, but I'm getting there. Walking without the cane is helping as I really have to focus on walking correctly.
@Layla
 
Yahoo! What a great update for two months and wonderful accomplishments.
I'm very happy for you. Trying some of those things for the first time and realizing you can do them again
simply makes your day. May it only get better and better...
Enjoy the day!
@naka21
 
:goodpost::yahoo:
Great for only two months....
Better and better...all the best as you continue on your journey!:yes!:
 
Hey @naka21
How goes the battle for you at three months post op?
I'll bet you're out there singing your little heart out.
I hope all is well and that you're recovery is coming along as expected.
Leave us an update when you have time. We'd love to hear how you're doing.
Hope your week is good!
 
Hi, @Layla

I'm doing well. Can't believe it's been over 3 months already.....I actually didn't remember until yesterday. I'm really pleased with my recovery. Things I haven't been able to do for years, I'm doing.....painting my own toes, crossing my legs...

Last week I was approved for 12 more PT sessions. I'm pretty much done with PT, but there's still one stubborn muscle that I need to work on. Honestly, I love PT...it challenges me and I feel great when I'm done for the day.

I'm also continuing on my quest to lose weight and get healthier. I started losing weight about a week before I found out I needed THR and was determined to lose 20-30 lbs before my surgery. I did that and yesterday (my weekly weigh-in day) I officially hit a 41.4 lbs loss.

It's all starting to click and I feel like I've finally turned a corner with everything.....THR recovery and lifestyle. Oh, and I'm going to be a grandmother soon. My older son and his girlfriend are going to have a baby boy in October.

Have a great day!
 
You are doing really well. It's so wonderful!
Time does seem to move more quickly in recovery than we anticipated.
It's good to hear you're feeling benefits from PT and a big congrats on the weight loss! :yay:
And....your going to be a grandma! :happydance: So awesome! The year 2018 will hold some special memories for you. Thanks for sharing....great update!
@naka21
 
Grandma Naka:tada:
Who doesn't move like a Grandma anymore.
Yay for you doing well!:egypdance:
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom