Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR weak muscles<

i am still taking physio off and on...but ROM is not increasing...i am using the cane...feel better with it...though I can walk without the cane also.
 
You are only 2 months out, l very early in recovery, ROM can increase for a year or more.
There is probably swelling you cannot see, and you will need to keep icing and elevating. What is more important than ROM is how you are doing, and increasing activity levels.

You might want to go back to page one, post #17 and read the post op reading I left for you.
It is always good to have reminders that this recovery is a marathon, not a sprint.
 
You are only 2 months out, l very early in recovery, ROM can increase for a year or more.
I agree---ROM can take some time to come back---the recovery is slower than we would like it to be, and it can be frustrating at times.
There is probably swelling you cannot see, and you will need to keep icing and elevating.
Yes---even if the knee does not appear to be swollen, you can still have fluid in there, and it will inhibit your ROM and movement. Icing elevating is the best cure for this!
 
my calf muscles have always been too stiff...maybe walking will loosen them...now what supplements should I take
 
Walking a little and gentle stretching can help. Did your PT show you any stretches?
 
Thanks Chris, @Pumpkln - Hi @pain free - it is illegal for me to recommend supplements over the net as I would be breaching a specific Act in Australia which covers my professional registration.

However, Chris has provided you with the link to my Nutritional Library, my suggestion is to work your way through these articles :)
 
hello...i am better...almost 2 and half months out...but calf muscles are weak...stairs are a problem....did anyone have this problem...I was hoping to climb stairs easily....but it doesnt look so easy.
when did u stop physio...i took it for 2 months....should we do it on our own....exercisies are boring...but walking is fun...
 
Hi @pain free
Walking is awesome for our knees. I stopped physio this week. I'm over 3 months now. I will be working on it on my own. Mainly cos of insurance. I love to exercise so I think I'll be fine.
Glad to hear you are doing better. Each day can be a challenge!!
Dana


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Stairs can take a while. Just keep trying a little bit every day.
 
Have you tried some.step ups to music. Its how I do.heel raises.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
step ups..what is that...heel raises...u do it while sitting....how many counts...20,50
 
Step ups are standing at foot of bottom stair. Hands on rails palms flat step up with affected leg follow with other. Then.step back down then repeat if huurts after a while stop but try again. If it hurts from start you.arennt ready yet so concentrate on stretches. As I said I do boring repetitive exercises to music

Legin THR Sep 14
 
How are your knees doing after all that activity?
Happy New Year!
Hope this 2015 is better to you.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
well knees are not too happy.I am scared...hope rest will make them happy. I dont sleep well most days...so thats another problem...good sleep makes my knees better.:loll:i have told myself now..that my health is the most important thing now.
 
Your health is the.most important as if health isn't right your life isn't right. Listen to your knees they will.guide you . Omg sounds like star wars

Legin THR Sep 14
 
thanks...yes today my knees are better...took rest...and so is my mood..no more crying...i do miss my husband...but crying is not good for me...and surely he wants me to recover soon.
 
He will and never be ashamed to cry.

Legin THR Sep 14
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom