THR We can re-build him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Charlie,

Maybe AnniePops would benefit by seeing your Debbie for physio in a few months when she's further along in healing?? Don't know if that is at all possible geographically.... but just a thought as she helped you quite a bit!!

Have a good day,
Cardie
 
Hi Cardie,

I'd love Anniepops to get a dose of delicious dynamite dominatrix Debbie! She'd sort out the most recalcitrant exerciser! Unfortunately she lives up in the North East and Debs is in the South East so it's not going to happen!.... But actually I think Annie will do more than she appears to want to do to us... I THINK SHE'S A CLOSET MARATHONER AT HEART!!:hysterical:

Charlie
 
Eee what a laugh Charlie, a closet marathoner indeed!!!!! That had me in fits of laughter as you knew it would :biggrin:

Yes, I am a little bit on the lazy side as far as serious exercise goes :blush: but I will work at getting this hip as close to normal as possible. You might even see me n The Great North run sometime soon. :rolleyespink:
 
I have two Mini Schnauzer girls Charlie, they are only small but have one hell of a pull on them when on the lead. Many a time that's what caused my serious groin strain and had me laid up for days.

I won't be walking them on the lead for some time yet but will be popping them in the car and driving to the field for walks soon.
 
Ann,
Please post a pic of your "girls" if you can. We'd love to see them!

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for the laughs, always good for the soul!
 
Hi Cardie,

I'd love Anniepops to get a dose of delicious dynamite dominatrix Debbie! She'd sort out the most recalcitrant exerciser! Unfortunately she lives up in the North East and Debs is in the South East so it's not going to happen!.... But actually I think Annie will do more than she appears to want to do to us... I THINK SHE'S A CLOSET MARATHONER AT HEART!!:hysterical:

Charlie

Well, dang!! Hopefully Deb has a colleague in Ann's area -- we wouldn't want to deprive the northerners of such a delightful experience as yours....:th_heehee:

Have a nice weekend -- maybe more time in the garden???
Take care,
Cardie
 
Hi Diane I did try to post a pic of the girls to use as my avatar but I can't do it on my IPad and I can't get on my desktop yet due to the sitting restrictions but I will do ot when I get backon there.x.

Thought I'd better say Yoohoo Charlie seeing as I am jumping in on your thread yet again.

Hope you are doing great today. Do you still have your houseguest?

Ann
X
 
Yoohoo to you to Annie ...no prob jumpin' ma thread babe!!
I WAS thinking of getting an iPad but if you can't post your favourite doggies on your favourite website.... well what the h***!!
Yes venerable HG still here... and it seems that I'm a much better cook than his wife (estranged sadly!) so here he's gonna stay!! Yippeeeeeee!! :what:
Cardie thanks for the gardening prod ... it depends on the weather?
Dianemarie if I can make you smile I'm happy .....truly:thumb:

Enjoy your weekends

Charlie
 
Charlie - re Tai Chi: our 'sifu' (top man) is based in Essex, but we are very well represented in Shropshire and round there. I just did a search for you at www.taichifinder.co.uk cos you mentioned Tai Chi on Sarah's thread. I seem to remember you live in Marlow, and I came across a couple of classes there. Those links may not work, but check out taichifinder and you may well find something to your liking in your area. Good luck!
 
Hi Charlie

It was only a little earthquake (relative to others) :)

When we retire, you can come visit anytime... That would be so much fun as I plan to have a large kitchen, full of fun cooking gadgets... just for a wanna be chef like myself..

Big hug xx and lots of love
 
Hi all,

Feeling a little bruised and battered today as I spent most of the last two days de-rigging sculling boats and loading them onto trailers (which if you've never seen them are huge things three metres high and 15 metres long).
We had to clamber up and lash the boats on and then at the rowing venue do exactly the opposite, and then when the competition was over do it all over again.

It wasn't too keen climbing up onto the trailer but after doing it a few times it wasn't so bad .... I just used my muscles differently and now they're a little 'tender'.

I'll definitely sleep well tonight!!

Charlie
ps My missus did ok but no medals this time!!
 
Catching up on your thread. Hope you had a good night sleep and that when you wake up you are no worse the wear for all your activity of yesterday. Sound like I don't need to wish you a good wknd as you seem to be having one. :) -Cathy
 
Hiya Charlie,

Sounds like you have been working very hard, I hope you didn't overdo it mind! I'm sure you will sleep like a log after all that.

It's very flattering your HG not wanting to move out, that's what happens when you are such a delightful cook and such good company, you can't blame him really :biggrin:

I eventually managed to upload a pic of my pooches using photobucket but it was very big so I deleted it as it was taking up half a page. Just need to find a way of reducing the size via Ipad and then I might get it on.

Nite nite sleep tight.

Ann.x.
 
Wow, Charlie you have been a busy boy. Hope you are not too sore this morning! I must have missed something - is your wife a serious rower? I'm from a rowing family myself (my brother is a coach and my nephew rowed for Isis in the boat race a couple of years ago) but the rowing gene passed me over. Still I know what those trailers look like and what hard work it is getting the boats up on them. Your agility and strength must be awesome!
 
Hi Cathy, Annie & Jane .....and of course any other hippies dropping by!

Cathy, my hip's fine after my exertions on the boat trailer, thank goodness!! I was a little achy yesterday but this morning I went training and felt really good!! So afterwards I walked the pooch and then did some work fitting skirting boards in a barn I'm re-furbing and later I hope, weather permitting, to mow the lawns!! You could say I'm overdoing it but what's new??:th_heehee:

Jane my missus is a very serious rower from a rowing family, her brother and father are both Henley finalists and her Uncle a top level coach. I was unable to row with my "old" hip but I'm hoping that my new one might let me row in a very low level way.
Ann I hope you keep persevering with you pooch pics we all love doggie things here ..... well most of us ... there are a few weird Cat Lovers around but let's not condemn them 'cos they're misguided!!:loll:

Love
Charlie
 
broken link removed: https://static.lifeislocal.com.au/multimedia/images/full/1624226.jpg

Hi Cuz, you will have to come try this.....
 
Hi all,

I've seen my Surgeon and my Physio in the last couple of days and they've both told me to "GO FOR IT!"
Which is great .... no restrictions!! AT LAST!!!
My Physio even talked about running!! .... but only on soft ground... I have to say I was alarmed as I really don't like running except when it's downhill on pine needles with the sun dappling the path on a Spring morning! Just like JZ!!
(Sorry JZ you are a paragon!!)
So I have to work on my glutes by rowing, cycling and above all walking and keep on with the step ups and downs etc......and then maybe, only maybe, my deflated glutes might just start to fill.
Meanwhile a neighbour has just had a LTHR and of course I've become her mentor ... not that she really listens to a word I say ( I've been telling her about BS for months and she's never been on it!!:DOH:)
Anyway she's very nauseous ... has anybody dealt with this successfully if so HOW? Please help and she might join us!
The VERY SAD thing is I won't HAVE to see my Dominatrix Delectable Debbie ... physio extra-ordinaire ever again ..... unless I fall over again and break my femur and..... NO she's lovely.... I'm VERY happy where I am... but a million thanks to a great Physio!!

Love and Positivity

Charlie C
 
Fantastic news Charlie! I'm just wondering now whether there's an event like a triathlon but with rowing, cycling & walking instead of swimming, cycling and running, then you'd have something to train for. 'Filling deflated glutes' sounds like an interesting pastime - the mind boggles!

Seriously, though, congratulations on extricating yourself from the clutches of your dominatrix. If however you insist on falling over again, at least you know what to expect!

Take care now, and congratulations on your new freedom.

For your neighbour's nausea, what about ginger, which worked a treat for me (as ginger capsules) during chemo. Fresh ginger chopped or grated in hot water, like a kind of tea, is good, and works for seasickness, so that might help.
 
The Deflated Glutes - I think that may be a punk band name

Charlie, Isn't it nice that you get to think about working on your BODY (the whole Charlie) without having everything be about your hip?!?

As I've mentioned lately, my shiny new hip is doing the best of all body parts as I start to do more. It should...it's 53 years younger than all the rest!

Anyway...good news on a clean bill of health. I'm giving my hamstring 2 weeks off (just bike and rower for the moment) as I have to travel next week to Colorado and will use that time to focus on stretching and hammy rehab...

Be well!

Z
 
Yay no more restrictions! But I just wonder what will the world be like with Charlie running around free of hip restrictions and trying to fill those "deflated glutes":biggrin:

Cant help it but when I read your thread I always hear the little kids voice saying"Charlie bit my finger" !

link
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom