THR We can re-build him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Cuz

I have had a recent revelation about my recovery... six months now - where has that time gone.... But back to my revelation !

I keep wondering why I am so fatigued and energy drained.. I am happy with where I am with moving, but why so tired? why do I feel so heavy and stiff in the mornings and by the end of the day.

Then this morning, for the first time since January I slept in until 9am (it's Saturday..) I got up and voila... My muscles felt light and energetic.. the penny dropped... I am not resting enough.. so my new mantra is rest more, put off today what I can do tomorrow... Of course, that doesn't apply to work. Unfortunately...

Take care Cuz, sending much love xx

p.s. We are sitting here watching Avatar....
 
Hi all,

Cardie yes the G. Medius does get a great workout from digging and so much so that I'm usually bushed after an hour. Am walking Jasper a couple of miles a day, this morning despite returning to Arctic windy weather I bounced along feeling hardly any discomfort and little or no fatigue I did sleep in today as Sandy did yesterday so perhaps she's stumbled on the secret??
Trouble is I'm gonna have a heck of a time convincing my missus that a good lay in every day is purely a health thing! :DOH:
Cuz is it really six months?? .... yep I suppose it is doesn't time fly when you're enjoying yourself!!!:loll: Did you hear about the conversation between a Spaniard and an Irishman? Paddy says to Manuel "What's this maƱana thing you talk about?" Manuel says" It means putting things off until tomorrow! Do you have an Irish word that means the same thing?" Paddy scratches his head and replies " No we don't have any word which has that sense of urgency!!":hysterical:

The forecasters tell us that we'll get up in to the 20's C next week which is what it was two months ago and since then has been wet and cold.... can't wait to get my shorts on again!!

Love

CC
 
Cooeee Charlie, loved the joke, it made me :th_heehee:

I think you should be having a nice lie in for the next six months as they do say it probs will take 12 months for a full recovery:rolleyespink:

Just got a question. You know when you go for your long walks with Jasper, do you find yourself limping at all when you walk for so long, just wondered if the limp returns after a long walk.

Hubby was telling me a mate has got a new puppy, he couldn't remember the breed and was coming out with all sorts of words to describe it, said it is a bit like a Ridgeback. I felt very superior when I said, Do you mean a Hungarian Vizla :snork:........and I was right. I would never have known if it wasn't for your Jasper.

Take care

Ann.x.
 
Hi Ann,

Golden Oldie jokes stand the test of time ....just like me!

There are a few more Vizslas around now but when I got Jazzy (who's coming up for 12 years old) there was only one other in my area, now's there's about 15 or so, and since one won Crufts a couple of years back they've become even more popular.
As regards limping after a long walk I'd say that my Gluteus Maximus does get a bit fatigued especially on uphill sections but if I pause and stroke the dog and surreptitiously massage my Glute, it soon recovers.
It's like any other muscle that's getting overworked, it tells me to stop and get some more oxygen into it. But it is getting stronger every day and hopefully when it's the same size and strength as the other one I'll be able to walk for ever! Does that make any sense at all??
My worst time for limping is when I've been sitting down for a period or when I get out of bed .... I try not to, but I walk like a proverbial duck for about three paces and then I'm ok .... I wonder why?
Hippie mysteries!!

Charlie
 
I have the same 'waddle' after sitting in the evenings Cuz, even find it hard to get started some nights....
 
Thanks Charlie, it helps to know how things are probably gonna be at the six month mark.

I'm pleased both you and Sandy have mentioned the stiffness after sitting. I waddle initially when first standing and Hubby keeps telling me I should be still using my crutch in the house if I struggle to walk after sitting. Now I can tell him it is normal to have to stretch yourself before walking in a more normal way so he is incorrect.ha. I love it when I am right.:snork:
 
It was the same with our schnauzers. I had never seen even one around here before we got our first girl three years ago. We then got our second girl eight months later then started seeing a couple around whilst on walks. I like to think people have seen our two who are such cuties and so decided to get one :biggrin: They do attract a fair bit of attention when out specially as they look so cute.
 
I wonder if this "inertia waddle" ever goes away??
Perhaps someone who's further down the line might pop by and help us with the answer?
Yes Ann I saw the pics of your lovlies and I'm sure that people do choose their pooches based on what they see and like the look of, it's great being trend setters isn't it??:th_heehee:

CC
 
I am starting to get days here and there where I don't have it.
If I forgo stretching for a day or two, it comes right back.
 
I love bopping in on those of you further down the line. I tuck that info away and hopefully I will be able to access it when I need it :) ...and, of course, I have the waddle too, at 11 wks, but now I know it most probably will be here for a while. Also, I can be having a really good day, and then if I sit too long, it is like I cannot stand up straight when I first stand up, then things adjust themselves. Take care all, Cathy
 
Hi John & Cathy,

Thanks for your input it's good to know we're not alone.... sorry that sounds a bit Star Trekky!
John I reckon you've hit the nail on the head re stretching!!:thumb:
I went to my gym this morning and really did a lot of stretching as well as cycling and rowing, afterwards I was, perhaps unsurprisingly, nicely loose and my dog walk despite having worked reasonably hard earlier, very good.
I do the "down dog", a simple kneel on the floor and collapse as far as I can and the usual hamstring and quads stretches.
Any others that anyone does and finds beneficial??

Charlie
 
I had a very vivid dream last night, well actually it was this morning just before I woke. I know that other people's dreams can be catastrophically boring so I won't labour it!
In my dream I was demonstrating how far my recovery had come on by tap dancing (something I have alluded to in my previous threads!) but I was doing it in casual shoes with rubber soles so no actual tapping could be heard!
To further impress I was doing short sprints and cartwheels all effortlessly and without any discomfort.

Imagine my disappointment in waking and taking that first waddle out of my pit!!!:hissyfit:

Actually I'm doing good ....lots of gardening and walking and the weather as us Brit hippies are aware is stonking!! Of course everyone is complaining how hot it is now!! we'll be back to arctic soon enough!:sigh:

Charlie
 
Sprints, cartwheels & tap dancing all lovely goals that is seems you will eventually work your way back to and the start is visualization in your dreams. :thumb:

Glad you are doing well!!
Cardie
 
Good to hear you are doing well Charlie, the glorious weather certainly helps doesn't it.

With your positive attitude Charlie I'm sure those cartwheels etc are not out of reach....please post a video when you achieve though...that would certainly lift all our spirits.:biggrin:

It is really funny when people complain about the heat, just no pleasing some people eh!

Take care

Ann.x.
 
Thanks for those positive thoughts and I'll definitely post a vid if I ever manage to get cartwheeling ..... but don't expect one too soon.
I have discovered an exercise routine that has definitely helped build my op leg muscles and it's called DIGGING!! Our garden really needed the borders turning over so I've been using a hefty fork and getting about an hour to and hour and a half of serious digging and weeding which involves bending over and stretching those hamstrings!
After a week I can notice how much stronger my leg is and my wife tells me that my op leg Glute max is definitely "filling out" ... sorry too much information!!:rolleyespink:
So watch out for the next big exercise video called "DIG IT WITH CHARLIE" ....:hysterical:

Charlie
 
Hi Dig it with Charlie :biggrin: someone else mentioned digging recently, Cardie I think and she too said what great exercise it is.

I think I am going to give that one a miss especially with the state of our soil you really have to jump onto the spade to get it even a fraction into the ground so I will leave that to the Hubby. It's good that it works for you though. Keep up the good work

Ann.x.
 
Hi Charlie, wow, tap dancing, sprints and cartwheels, if only in your dreams! Sounds like you are doing great. I'm sure digging is a great exercise for hippies. Sadly, my soil sounds like Anniepops' - you can't get a spade into it to save your life! I just put more and more compost on the top and hope for the best. Yes, I'll be watching out for 'Dig it with Charlie' for some tips on digging!

All the best Charlie. I'm off to train for Everest so I won't be visiting BS again till I've done the trek (next year).
 
Me too... can't wait for the video Cuz 'Digging with Charlie'.....

We have just over half an acre of uncultivated land Cuz, just readdy and waiting for you xxxxxx
 
Thanks girls I'll make sure you get a signed copy!!

We've got the Jubilee weekend here in Blighty to celebrate her Madge's 60th year of being our leader! So the weather has decided to revert to normal after a week of 25 to 29C .... today it's about 15c and tomorrow and Monday when major events happen it promises to be even colder and raining, I'm not sure the weather God is on Liz's side!!
However it is good walking weather and that's what I'm majoring on this weekend along with cooking for those inevitable guests!! At least we didn't plan a barbecue unlike millions of others, I'm not a great fan of overcooked and blackened meat and from a very early age my daughter noticed that even the mention of that word ... 'BBQ'... would have the effect of changing blue skies into rain clouds!! She even came up with an anti curse "EUCEBRAB!!!" which you'll notice is barbecue backwards.

Hey ho have a great weekend despite it all...

Cheeerful Charlie
ps Cuz Sandy so glad to hear things are settling somewhat get some good z's! x
 
Have fun walking Cuz... we are now in winter and experiencing minus temps most nights. The day time temps struggle to get to double digits, but that's ok.. at the end of winter comes spring.. I guess you are seeing heaps of daffodils around the meadows?

How is Jasper? still your walking partner?

don't overdo the digging Cuz... xx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom