THR We can re-build him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feeling a little "delicate" this morning :rolleyespink: the lasagne was a triumph and so was the Sicilian red wine and then the French red wine and then the Damson vodka!!! We all played cards after the meal and it turned into a very silly boozy night .... but great fun. It's wonderful to have my grown up kids and their other halves let their hair down and enjoy life!
Jane you're right unfortunately about my not so cunning plan I hadn't really thought it through had I?
Sarah the best thing about the Curry recipe is that it's as easy as it looks and very adjustable to your own taste, I whimped out and left out the seeds from the red chillies but did add some Kaffir Lime leaves which I love in SE Asian curries!
I'm just wondering what we can have tonight as my guests have decided to stay another night .... we were going to have baked beans on toast but now I'll have to get me recipe book out again!:DOH:

Have a good day,

Cinderella ......:th_heehee:
 
Happy Sunday Charlie,

You could start a mini food network. Bake beans on toast double yummy with some grated cheese on top? Help please...advice, suggestions. I went on one of my Costco runs yesterday and came home with a baby rack of lamb. I was thinking of splitting up, rubbing rosemary, garlic mixture on then doing a simple sauté in pan. Funny to say this I've never cooked this before. How would cook? Lasagne sounds good too along with wine. Since my surgery I have about 10 bottles of red wine, I have this one customers who over the holidays, my birthday and surgery dates kept sending those napa valley wine gift sets. I haven't drank wine since before my new hip. Will change soon. Your inspiring me to learn to cook more. I'm almost at my goal on weight and slowly incorporating easy, healthy meals into my day. I still have to watch the carbs (boooohooooo) it's tough when you are one cooking these types of meals, then again noooooo it's tough cooking smaller portions and eating smaller amounts.

Your weekend sounds Devine! Life is about good friends, good food and fun conversations. Yes I could imagine its also lovely to have your children around with their significant others. Full circle of life "Nice"

Have a lovely evening....

xxooxx
 
Perfect thank you Charlie, luckily I have all the ingredients this is an easy recipe to follow too. Yesssss this is for dinner tonight....yum!
 
Good Ol' BBC .....
Went training today at my local Rowing club gym ...very very basic! So no luxurious cross trainers etc.... more Rocky!! .....Spit and sawdust without the spit and sawdust ...but definitely no frills!!
I actually got onto a rowing machine and pulled some proper numbers ....1st time really, I don't think I looked too good but the ROM is DEFINITELY GETTING BETTER DAY BY DAY!!!
So the message tonight is ......... THINK POSITIVE AND GO FOR IT!!
WHAT'S THE WORSE THAT COULD HAPPEN???? (lots but....)

Be positive and prosper,

Charlie C
 
Hey Charlie, Rowing eh! Now you are just showing off Mr :thumb:

Being positive has certainly paid off where your concerned. Well done you.

I was watching Come Dine with me tonight and thought. 'Charlie could go on this' what with all your great recipes. It would be good for all of us to see you without your disguises. Whatcha think?

Ann
 
Hi Annie,

I'm not the only rowing machine fan here, I know John Z uses one and so too, I think, does Cardie. They're really good when you get to a stage where you can get to a right angle, for quad building and also to increase your ROM! SO NO I"M NOT SHOWING OFF!!!:th_heehee:
Thanks for the thought about Come Dine with Me but I'm far too shy for anything like that!!

Charlie
 
Charlie shy - I think not.... no, not our gorgeous Charlie..
 
Hi Sandy,
You're confusing books and covers!!
I could barely say boo to a goose!! Actually that's not strictly true I DID once say BOOO to a goose but it was rather less than impressed and stared me out!!:hysterical:

Charlie
 
Charlie, I tried a rowing machine just the once a long time ago and it was very hard work. I won't be trying it again even after recovery, probs cos I am just plain lazy :snork: but I do have an exercise bike and after reading of the many other people on here who use one I am going to give that a shot, once I am allowed of course and once I can actually get my backside up on the seat!!!!!!!

And Charlie, my Mam used to say 'the shy ones are always the worst'.....:th_heehee:

Ann
 
I actually got onto a rowing machine and pulled some proper numbers ....1st time really, I don't think I looked too good but the ROM is DEFINITELY GETTING BETTER DAY BY DAY!!!
So the message tonight is ......... THINK POSITIVE AND GO FOR IT!! WHAT'S THE WORSE THAT COULD HAPPEN???? (lots but....)

FANTASTIC news on the rowing machine, Charlie!! :yes 4:

Here's a little quote that I picked up someplace here on the forum and found to be helpful when I was a little further out from my surgery and trying to craft my new exercise routine:


"The only time I ever encouraged athletes to stop exercising was when their physicians said their sport or activity level might kill them." from Chris Carmichael, trainer to Lance Armstrong of Tour de France fame.

I'm sure your form will continue to improve. :thumb:

Take care,
Cardie
 
Thanks for those words Cardie was i right saying that you use a rower?

Annie you should be ASHAMED of yourself:hissyfit::rolleyespink: You NEED to keep fit and build up those muscles so that your new hip will work properly!!!
Exercise bikes are great but don't rush it ....

Charlie
ps Your mother was right ....aren't they always!!!:th_heehee:
 
I laughed when I read your comment Ann.... our Charlie shy?

No way :)

and we wouldn't have you any other way Cuz.

Sounds like you are doing fabulously - rowing now I see :) xxxxx
 


Thanks for those words Cardie was i right saying that you use a rower?

Yes, Charlie, you were right. I'm not as good a rower as you and your missus though. My back is very reactive and so I only row for 5-7 minutes on a mid-range resistance. My form probably isn't the best either, but it's such a wonderful upper body and full body type of activity it's hard to resist. Plus I want to have matched strength in my upper body so that when I row a boat/canoe I don't just go in a circle...:rolleyespink:

So, I saw you mention (In Anniepops thread - I think) that your ROM has improved since your surgery and growing up with Perthes. I was wondering how your LLD and pelvic tilt/twist are coming along?

Take care,
Cardie
 
Sandy, my Mam is a wise woman.:th_heehee:

Charlie, it's just that rowing really takes it out of you. When you watch people on the machines, ooo, it looks so much hard work so whilst I have the utmost respect for all you rowers out there I will not be joining you. Least the execise bike doesn't also knacker your top half at the same time.:biggrin:

I won't rush into the exercise bike yet. Will definitely be letting you know when I do though, just to prove I'm not THAT lazy....promise I'm not. :rolleyespink:

Ann
 
Thanks Sandy but I really am shy .... no really .. honest ... well a bit anyway!!

Cardie, it's my missus that's the rower as are all her family, I'm really just using the machine or ERGO as they call it to improve my fitness, strength and ROM (I can't "go for it" yet tho' until after I see my OS next week finger's x'd).
My old hip with the Perthes prob only had less than 90 degree and virtually nothing sideways so my glutes were very weak but improving by leaps and sometimes stinging bounds!
JZ's stretches are pretty good but it's early days to know whether they'll have any benefit as regards LLD.
Annie ...... THAT'S THE POINT OF A ROWING MACHINE .... TO GET YOU "KNACKERED"..... ALL OVER!!!!
The good thing is that they are extremely efficient at it, 5 minutes on the ROWER / ERGO is worth at least double the time on a bike. My missus has dropped well over a stone in weight and at least two dress sizes in the 18 months she's been rowing and she eats anything she wants ........ TEMPTED???

..... AND NO ANNIE I DON'T SELL ROWING MACHINES ......I'M TOO SHY!!!
:hysterical:
 
Nope still not tempted:snork:. I am fortunate enough to be a slim lass so exercise has never been a neccesity in that department for me, although I do admit that I probs should have done more over the years.. Just for my general good health.


Now if you had told me that rowing would get rid of my wrinkles and laugh liines THEN I would be very tempted.:biggrin:

Well done to your better half for doing so well. That's a fantastic result and a great excuse to buy lots of lovely new clothes.lol.

I am determined to be more active once I am better. Not gonna be running any marathons but just to walk the dogs for a good hour or so would be fantastic.

I just may take up your challenge though Charlie and give that rower a go. I'm sure it won't kill me getting totally knackered for once. Another thing I will report back on once acheived but please don't hold your breath.

Ann
 
Charlie

Really please to hear you are doing really well.

Its all about getting your life back. You are well and truely on that road!

Regards

Dave
 
Ta to Dave and Ann,

There was this exercise thingy floating around about a month ago that by exercising flat out for 3 minutes 3 times a week was enough to keep most people fit.... I've probably got that totally wrong but it was something of that order. SO Annie 9 minutes a week on a rower and you could be walking your dogs (what are they btw?) for 2 hours a day!!

Hi Dave when are you going to let us know what you're up to???

Charlie
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom