Guest viewing is limited

THR We can re-build him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's very colourful language JOHN!!
There's that saying "No Pain ... No Gain".... of course I suppose it depends on whether it's "good" pain or bad pain. If that makes any sense I think the pain of muscle growth is somehow good as it sort of confirms improvement whereas the pain after an operation is a totally different kettle of fish!
I do find stretching my quads and hams during a walk really helps to keep a supple movement and never forget to crush the walnuts!!!

Charlie
 
Hi Cuz

Sounds to me that you are doing just fine.. Digging and singing align with Abba.. I can imagine your garden must be looking really lovely with the spring flowers out.. Do you have daffodils?

I miss seeing daffodils growing on the side of the road like I remember from the UK.

Lots of love xx
 
Sandy, I don't even know if we've got daffs as I haven't been out for 6 weeks but I love seeing them standing lined up like gorgeous yellow soldiers. I must ask my family but I presume they are out by now......sorry to but in on your thread Charlie but it does seem the thingto do around here :th_heehee:

I'm glad I did though cos your previous post reminded me about your walnut tip earlier on in your thread which I read and meant to remember but firgot what with my brain being so useless at the mo.
 
Sandy, Annie, daffs have been spectacular this year! The early warmth and sun brought them on long before Easter. In fact we even saw bluebells in the woods before the end of March when they should appear in May. The daffs in the garden more or less all dead now except for the later varieties. Tulips coming out...

I can only guess at how lovely Charlie's garden must look. Charlie, do you hire yourself out as a gardener? Mine could do with a makeover! Maybe you could also demonstrate walnut-crushing at the same time. Haven't a clue what you're talking about.
 
Our daffs are on the way out but we've got spectacular Tulips at the mo, and we're expecting a good Bluebell year which Jasper absolutely loves!!
I wanted to get him deep into the Bluebells when he was about 9 months old because I thought his colour would be nicely offset (my arty side appears now and again) in fact I'll try to post a piccy of him surrounded by them. The only way I could get him amongst them was to throw a stick ... which he loves! So for the last eleven years when he sees even a small patch of them his tail wags and runs into them looking at me expectantly!!
Jane the walnut reference is to crushing them using ones Glutes! Basically to stop limping my lovely Physio shouts "walnuts" at me ... it works!!
I'll try to post the Jasper/Bluebells piccy later ... must dash shopping calls.

Charlie
 
John,

Good for you! So nice to hear great news. Keep it going!
 
Hi all,

I just noticed that it's 3 months to the day ....yes Friday the thirteenth ooooooer scary (NOT) :hate-shocked: since I had my new,new titanium big boy fitted!!
Considering I wasn't able to weight bear for half that time I'm quietly pleased with the progress. I know I shouldn't tempt fate on this particular date, but heck I'm not superstitious ... I haven't used any sort of stick for goodness knows how long and am down to a couple of mild pain killers before any long (ish) walk or hard exercise. I'm on my feet a lot and am very positive that I will get stronger and more flexible with each passing day .... so :yes 4::yes 4::yes 4:

Hopefully some pics of my "Ginger Nut" in his beloved Bluebells are attached below.

Happy FTT

Charlie
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] We can re-build him...
    IMG_7008.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 176
  • [Bonesmart.org] We can re-build him...
    IMG_7015.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 176
  • [Bonesmart.org] We can re-build him...
    IMG_7023.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 190
Happy Friday the 13th Charlie,

Love the new profile photo and yes the bluebell ones look beautiful, Jaspers color does blend nicely with the blue...ness! He's really a gorgeous puppy.

Wow can you believe it's been 3 months, congratulations. The best part is you rebounded so well and with lots of good humor, I think that's a big part of the recovery.

Hope your getting ready for a fun weekend, lots of good food :)

xxooxx

I have to do my taxes today, fun....not! It won't take long it's all electronic I'm just a huge procrastinator when it comes to doing them.
 
Beautiful bluebells and Ginger!

Sarah, how can you possibly post the words "good humor and fun" in the same one as TAXES! (only kidding) get 'em done and then you can celebrate and have some fun!
 
Congratulations, Charlie, on your 3 month anniversary. Whoever said above that your humour is a big part of you successful recovery ain't kidding. You're an inspiration to us all

Jasper looks like he's having lots of fun. Hey, those bluebells aren't this year's are they? I know it's warmer down south, but even so, ours are way behind. There is a spectacular bluebell wood I like to visit, but sadly not this year. It' a 4 mile walk and some tricky stiles...
 
Congratulations Cousin Charlie on your three month anniversary - well done :)
(it is exactly 5 months today for me, date wise, 14 th)

Thank you so much for the lovely photos of Jasper frolicking amongst the bluebells, it reminds me of a place we used to picnic in the UK when I was very young.. My cousin and I used to sit in amongst the bluebells... I think this year, next month as May is the best time, I will plant some bulbs in pots ready for spring. I love Freesias, daffodils and tulips.... Might look into that at the farmers market today

Lots of love
 
Hi gorgeous girls thanks for the messages .... I guess blokes aren't interested in Bluebells and pups!! ... I'm not worried as I'm a "new Man" ... which as all you ladies means I'm a push over and will do the cooking and the dishes if asked nicely .... and rewarded properly!!!:th_heehee:
Jane I loved your typo and think you you should have left it in!! A "4 mule walk" sounds as tho' it's Wild West dialogue at it's best! ....and no the BB's are a couple of years ago but fingers x'd for a good crop this year.
As usual we seem to have house guests again this weekend! I did a Nigel Slater Chicken Coconut curry last night, if you love curries go to:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/chicken_curry_with_59058
It's absolutely stonking!!
Tonight it's Carlo's Lasagne for nine hungry people.
Enjoy your weekends...

Love
Charlie x
 
Wow Cousin Charlie

You not only have an open house, but you are catering for five star cuisine... I am so impressed :)
 
The bad news Cuz is that my "permanent house guest' ...you know who! .. said in jest last night to my son that he'd stay whilst my cooking was up to the mark! MANY A TRUE WORD SPOKEN IN JEST!!
I do have a plan tho' ..... as he's had a heart attack he's not allowed certain foods so I'm working out menus for a week of those, and apologetically will prep a separate dish of plain boiled fish and potatoes for him .....every night!! :loll:
What do you think??

Love
CC xx
 
Charlie, what I think is, if you do that, you're the one who'll land up with a heart attack! Maybe you could put the whole household on a heart healthy diet of boiled fish or whatever, for as long as it takes to wear him downr, and cheat in secret? Trouble is, you'd drive all your other fans from the dinner table too.k
 
Me too!

John and I have decided not to come to dinner tonight - sorry Hehehehehe!
 
Ooooooo I printed out the coconut curry recipe, its easy and sound delicious! Thank you Charlie.

Ewwwww boiled fish sounds icky!

xxooxx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom