Guest viewing is limited

THR We can re-build him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
JZ I love your droll sense of humour but don't forget that I have the copyright on the "Deflated Glutes" franchise!! :hysterical:
Sorry to hear about your hamstrings ... they can be tricky to heal, I know after having one go (it felt as tho' I'd been shot!!) and then tried to "come back" too soon only to have it go again! I'm sure you know all this but....
Yes it's great that the hip recovery only takes up about 75% of my exercise routines now!

Jane thanks for the lovely thoughts and support! Also the hints about ginger for my neighbour which I've passed on already ... it transpired that she'd been given "something that might be anti nausea pills" BUT she doesn't like taking "too many pills" !!!! She's a very intelligent and bright person that is as thick as two short planks!!! Needless to say I tore her off a strip and made her promise to do something positive ....like take the BLOODY PILLS!!!

Thanks guys!!

Charlie
 
OMG, those little boys are SOOO cute!!! :hysterical:

Charlie, what does your Deb suggest for the gluteus medius?? Anything that you can share....


Hope you have a nice weekend -- we'll be waiting to see what you tackle this time!

Take care,
Cardie
 
Hiya Charlie, fab news about your consultations wehey,you are like superpatient especially considering you had to go through it twice. What a star :thumb: and an inspiration to all us recoverng hippies

I asked at my check up about running and my hubby thought it was hilarious as, as he said " you have never ran in your life". or even wanted to but hey, it's nice to have the option and now you have the option.

I didn't even know what my glutes were until I read your post then googled it. Can I join the 'deflated glutes club' because I now know that's something else I need to work on. Apparently golfers who even if they are stick thin have lovely round firm bottoms due to the 'golfers swing'. I won't be taking up golf but I may start doing the swing. I have always yearned for a nice round bottom, one which is even on both sides too:th_heehee:

Keep up the fantastic work and kick those glutes into shape

Ann.x.
 
Haldox I love Charlie bit my finger :hysterical:
 
Everytime I visit your thread I get a laugh. This time it is about the "deflated glutes" . I love it ! What a great term. You continue to be an inspiration for me and a look to my future of possibilities. Have a great wknd -cathy
 
Thanks Haldox for the thought and the Charlie biting video... you seem to be painting a picture of Charlie as a naughty boy :what: ... surely your confusing me with someone else!!:th_heehee:

Cardie the main ones are the side step up and down and the dreaded clamshell but I've just looked on You Tube and found this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVS0JWAkV1U&feature=related
Looks great I must try some of those!! Really any abductor stuff is going to do it.

Ann you're too kind .... I just get on with things and try to stay positive ... seems to work! I did say I thought you were a closet marathoner!! or maybe GNR anyway!:th_heehee: See above for some glute exercises but the reason golfers have great glutes is also because that they walk about a zillion miles a year!!:DOH: But yes I reckon the hip swing is probably great for the gluteus medius perhaps hula hooping should be in our routines!!

Keep on pumping gels!!!

C xxx
 
Thanks Cathy our posts must have crossed. I hope you have a good weekend too although how can you fail to if you live in VT, I've only visited there twice for skiing weekends in Stowe, but wow what a beautiful part of the world!!

C x
 
Just checked out your video.....ouch...maybe later for me.

'The Dirty dog' what a hoot :biggrin:
 
Hi Charlie,
Loved the video. Thank you for the exercises.

I used to golf and am looking forward to getting back into it. The golfer bum thing is a myth ! At least IMHO.
 
It must be a sad day for you not to be visiting the dominatrix any more!!But seriously, great post.

Getting back to normal things is what its all about.
 
Happy Saturday Cheeky Charlie!

Haldox I had seen the Charlie video way back, that was soooooo funny!

Charlie congratulations on all you new follow up appointments with your PT and dr's you are such a great inspiration and fabulous support to all of us! xxooxx

Wow the video with all those muscle names, heyyyy say that really fast after a bottle of good red wine glut....ehhhhh... Naaaaaaaa don't worry!

Have a wonderful weekend!

xxooxx
 
Hi Charlie,

Thanks for the UTube link on the gluteus medius exercises -- I did have those step downs in my PT. Funny, he always referred to them as being for my quads... I do like the dirty dog leg-lifts. Yes, yes those darned clamshells. There must be something more exciting to do that will strengthen the gluteus medius...

Oh, yeah & the hula hoop -- definitely!! I was, and still am, quite disappointed that I no longer seem to be able to do this in real life!! We have it on one of the Wii Fit games and I can do it there, (not sure that "really" counts) but in real life I stink at it!!

Take care,
Cardie
 
Thanks you guys n girls,

You Tube had lots of Glute exercises but unsurprisingly they all seem a bit samey but I did like the ones in the vid as they were a bit different .... I'll keep trawling and pass any good ones on!
Like this one for your IT band stretch, which I like 'cos the guy looks totally normal and re-assuring (some of the You Tube people are a little :rolleyespink:) Here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2uCy7lb9XU

Simple but it works for me.
Cardie I was once given a Hula Hoop lesson from a Champion Huler Hooper in Hong Kong ... really!! (it's a whole other story!)....the secret is not to move your pelvis side to side but place your feet about 18 - 24 inches apart ONE BEHIND THE OTHER AND ROCK BACKWARDS AND FORWARDS!!
If it works for you perhaps you could video and publish!!:thumb:

Hope everyones having a good weekend, those of us living in the South and Midlands of England and I suspect Welsh Jane are now building Arks and rounding up animals!!!

Charlie
 
And us in the North too Charlie. Back to nonstop rain!!!

Blimey, you have travelled to lots of places, that must have been exiting.

I have never been able to hula hoop well except like Cardie on the Wii where I am great at it but I don't think that counts as I look like a right lunatic when doing it. Your instructions sound very easy but putting them in practise is a different matter.
 
Sorry Ann I thought the North was let off the torrential rain this weekend... the Beeb don't seem to know where it's at! Despite the multi million pond computers they have!!
Yes I've travelled lots of the globe but mainly on business so I don't think that really counts!
Perhaps if you give it another month or so you could become HH Champion of the North East?:thumb:
You'll never know unless you try!!

Charlie (boat builder extra-ordinaire)
 
Well hello Mr boatbuilder extraordinaire. Even if travelling on business it must have been fab to visit so many different places and countries. What a treat.

I will give the hula hooping a go, must be good to actually be able to keep it up longer than two secs.lol. I'm sure you can pick them up in the pound shop. Not sure how much they are but I'm sure they are quite inexpensive:th_heehee:

Weather was really nice yesterday but th rain kept on acoming today. I don't bother looking at the weather forecast anymore.

Ann.x.
 
Hi Ann, I think you can get Hula Hoops that dismantle .... have you tried EBay?

Yes it was great to see far off places with different cultures even if most of the time I was on business ... at least someone else paid for my mind broadening experiences! Actually my expenses were quite generous so I'm afraid it wasn't just my mind that broadened, I gave it all up 10 + years ago so now my weights back to "normal".

I came across this nugget and thought I'd share it with fellow hippies:

https://www.mikereinold.com/2008/12/gluteus-medius-evaluation-strengthening.html

It sounds really dull but gives some great info about strengthening the Gluteus Medius and how important it is in helping us recovering hippies walk less like a duck!!

Enjoy

Charlie
 
Great stuff Charlie, thanks. Some of all these glut excercises were what I was trying to do b4 surgery to try and strengthen, to no avail. Now with new hip, I'll be back to them with my PT I'm sure. I cannot even stand on operated leg without support yet, but I couldn't going into surgery. Got a long way to go but I keep telling myself I will get there. Listening to everyone ahead of me sure does help. Again thanks for all the good info in your posts (and good humor :) -cathy
 
Hi Cathy don't worry too much about not being able to stand on one leg yet you're not that long in recovery! It takes a time! Just do it WITH support and one day in the none too distant future you'll let go and do all on your own..... at least that's how I did it ....
Keep on with your clamshells and leg lifts meantime.

Charlie
 
Goodnight Charlie... Sorry I is too sleepy to read the previous posts. Zzzzz
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom