Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Vicki's Venture - a new knee 7/30/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vicki, Dr. Maale took mine out too! It had been in mixed with infection for too long. I have a hinged knee now. The other knee was fine, but the cement had been loosened by the earlier infection!

Your doctor is staying on top of things! Have faith, and you will get through this! I promise! :angel:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Vicki's Venture - a new knee 7/30/12
I've been keeping up with you, Vicki, through your posts with Sonja. Keep the faith, sweetie, and you'll make it through. I know this is a tough, tough row to hoe and seems so unfair.

I have another insert for you that I hope gives you a smile:
[Bonesmart.org] Vicki's Venture - a new knee 7/30/12
Please know that you're in our thoughts and prayers, and we're sending all the healing vibes your way we can manage. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] Vicki's Venture - a new knee 7/30/12
 
[Bonesmart.org] Vicki's Venture - a new knee 7/30/12
You are so right, Vicki. Hospitals (thank God for them) do not uplift or raise spirits much. But HOME--aaaah! what a wonderful warm, familiar, comfortable place that just makes you feel good inside because it's there. Rooms that are yours that you can wander in, a bed that swaddles you, a chair that wraps its arms around you, a kitchen that not only feeds your belly but your soul as well. There is just no place like it.
 
I've no idea what article you are referring to, Sonja. sorry
 
Yay on getting to go home!
 
Just wanted to sending some healing hugs your way. I am so sorry you have had so many setbacks! I will keep you in my prayers too. Hugs!
 
Hi Vicki!

Welcome Home! What a great feeling to sleep in your own bed huh? :happydance:
 
Been home 2 days. Home health nurse came and showed hubby and me how to to med with PICC line. Went to see blood doc put me on another med to enhance antibiotic. Said will turn my pee orange. Not sulfa. Just keeps getting better. Feeling little sick most of time. Haven't asked for anything for that yet.
 
Try those little probiotic yoghurt drinks. They are great for antibiotic induced nausea.
 
Try those little probiotic yoghurt drinks. They are great for antibiotic induced nausea.
Thanks Jo for the tip! I am going to buy some of those because I am convinced that my body is rebelling at the thought of the doxycycline again!
 
Vicki, I will continue to keep you I my prayers! You are tough though, and I am so glad that your husband is thereto help you! :angel:
 
Try those little probiotic yoghurt drinks. They are great for antibiotic induced nausea.
I will try them. I never dreamed that eating would be an issue for me. I have lost 45 pounds since the first surgery. Not that I didn't need to lose it but it has been the difficult way. Doc wants me to drink glocerna (ensure) for protien . Says body doesn't heal well without it.
 
Day 3 home. Slept almost 5 hours last night. That felt great. Home health nurse thinks I am having too much drainage. Doc did not put drain in and there is a hole. Did not have to change dressing last night.
I sure hope I have turned the corner and I am really on the road to recovery.
 
Day 3 home. Slept almost 5 hours last night. That felt great. Home health nurse thinks I am having too much drainage. Doc did not put drain in and there is a hole. Did not have to change dressing last night.
I sure hope I have turned the corner and I am really on the road to recovery.

Vicki I hope you are on the road to recovery also! So much has happened in so short of a time span for you! It has to be draining your energy! :friends:
 
I will try them. I never dreamed that eating would be an issue for me. I have lost 45 pounds since the first surgery. Not that I didn't need to lose it but it has been the difficult way. Doc wants me to drink glocerna (ensure) for protien . Says body doesn't heal well without it.
Yes, you need to make sure you're getting some nutrition in. My dad used Glucerna instead of Ensure b/c of his diabetes . I think it keeps your blood sugar on a more even keel.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom