Guest viewing is limited

Undergarment Assistance

@Mojo333 that sounds like the perfect wardrobe! I want more than 3 shorts & shirts or my poor NDH will wear his fingers to little pruney nubs doing the wash.:groan: another thing to like about HI, is that everyone dresses pretty casually and I won't stand out:giggle:
 
Hey @AgilityDog ...when is your consult? In a few days?
Do you have a long list of questions yet?
I always forget to ask the same things every OS appointment, including what kind of prostheses were used.:nah:
Will write everything down next time!
 
:yay:Tomorrow Morning :scare: still working on my list. I have a new notebook, just for my hip. :heehee:
DH is going with me. :roseshwr:

We will be discussing what type of implant. I have allergies and sensitivities.
 
Hi @AgilityDog
You're wise to check that out given your allergies.
Great idea keeping all your info in a notebook. It will most likely prove beneficial at some point.
Wishing I would have done that. Recording things in your thread is also a great idea
as others often learn through our experiences. Plus...you'll have a lot of pertinent info all in one spot.
Best of luck at your appt tomorrow and a great day to you!
 
Thanks for the encouragement, @Layla. I'm not very graceful or coordinated. Some experiences in my life could have helped "increase my TBI". My other was hit by a car before I was born. I had a boney bump between my eyes until almost 2nd(?) grade. I fell out of the top bunk when I was probably 3. I fell on the Monkey Bars & split my lip directly under my nose, in 2nd grade. I was in a stopped car when a small truck rear-ended me, spun around & his tail gate smashed in my driver's door. I lept off of a running horse and landed on my left side. I took Judo with one daughter and dance 'with' the other. I fell on a slippery floor in my tap shoes. I passed out bowling & fell like a lump, I believe it was the same hip. I either stumbled or passed out on top of my dog as we were practicing in the ring. I was rear-ended another 2 times. Once caused the TBI. I fell in a store when a child zipped in front of me & I didn't want to smush him. I fell in the shower once. I fell twice the week of Christmas, into furniture. There were some others. I read about being limber. Many of my joints still easily hyperextend. I did fall skiing. Of course I fell as a child ice skating. That's the quick list documenting my bumbling. Way toooo much info
 
Oh my word...I'm sorry!
Suffering a TBI is so very sad.
All of those accidents must have caused many instances of pain and injury. You dear, sweet woman.
Hope this week is peaceful for you!
@AgilityDog
 
Oh. My. Goodness. I thought it was pretty normal. The last MVA was when I got a concussion, a form of amnesia, and I credit it for the TBI. I thought I was just getting stupid when I ran into someone from school and she said, 'No, Honey, you have a brain injury'. I don't think anything horribly traumatic happened to me. We all have stories. Love to All.:loveshwr:
 
Minus the car accidents, sounds like you were doing alot of living!
I did too...rough on my poor body.
I also was extra flexible...:chinstroke:
I participated in cheerleading during much of elementary school years and I got to be in the middle because I was the smallest. I could do the Chinese split..sometimes I wonder if any of that helped contribute to bad hips.
OA is apparently main cause.
 
I wore cotton sleep shorts at the hospital and only put on undies when I was sent home on day 5. For underwear, whatever you end up getting, buy them at least one size larger than normal. I had a selection, and found girl boyshorts the most comfortable; the wider the better. So, shorts great, bikini or high cut uncomfortable. @AgilityDog
 
High cut, or I have pair I think that are called bikini cut (basically just the elastic at the side) were THE worst. They'd dig in and I'd swell up around them... Suggest getting a selection of inexpensive ones and ditching what doesn't work.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom