Guest viewing is limited

PKR UACats Navio Robotics PKR - Jan 4

@Jaycey I was so stir crazy!
Completely understand. I went out to lunch five days after surgery. And out to dinner two weeks after. It was the play after dinner that did me in. The audience sat on folding chairs and I made it only halfway through the play.

One way to avoid stir crazy is just take a short car ride in a nice area.
 
I feel a little crappy today. I almost feel like I'm hung over (nausea & headache). Is it possible that overdoing it yesterday could make me feel like this today or are they unrelated?
 
Yes, it's totally possible that your two hour outing could be the cause of your hang over. I am claustrophobic and can have a difficult time staying in the house for long periods. During my TKR I'd sometimes hang my head out the door for some fresh air. But when I needed to get out, visited a nearby friend where I could keep my leg up or went to a local restaurant where again, I could keep my leg up and kept the outing short. However, I did nothing but PT for the first month. Your body is still sending the bulk of its energy to your knee and the soft tissues inside. Balancing activity during recovery is difficult, but I found even though I hadn't discovered BoneSmart during my recovery the activity progression chart closely followed my own activity.

https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/activity-progression-for-tkrs.14334/
 
I feel a little crappy today. I almost feel like I'm hung over (nausea & headache). Is it possible that overdoing it yesterday could make me feel like this today or are they unrelated?

Yep, felt same when I overdid early in my recovery. Sounds like a bit of exhaustion. That knee is trying to recover so zapping your energy.
 
Your basketball team killed ASU last night. We are a NAU & GCU family but the rivalry between those two is fun to watch:)
 
@UACats70 I've had a few days where I've just felt completely wiped out in the afternoon. Almost flu like feeling. I'm not a big napper but have taken about a 1-2 hour nap almost every afternoon at around 4:00
 
@UACats70 Looks good!!! You will do that 30 minutes too long more often than you think. Stupid me I do it all the time :)

I just got done with PT and was able hit 138* and -2. Feeling really good. They gave me the thumbs up for squats with just the bar bell and push-ups. Man I can not wait to do push-ups!!!

Keep up your good work Cats - you'll get there before you know it...
Cheer
 
@IAPILOT..........nice! Just curious as to why they just cleared you for push-ups? They cleared me for all upper body but I didn't think to ask about push-ups.
 
@mbrown Oh I'm sure they knew I'd push it a bit to far. I really like to do trx atomic pushup. They didn't want that much stress on my knee. However I was able to do them today!!!!!! And 7 miles on my bike.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, hope you're feeling well and recovery is treating you nicely!
 
Day 10: Feel good today. Off the Oxycodone and just taking Tylenol. Works much better for the swelling, which is more uncomfortable than the pain. Didn't elevate while sleeping, woke up less stiff. Not sure if that's a coincidence. Slept better though. I've already done home PT today, currently icing. I'm completely off crutches and working on gait and climbing stairs. I'm trying to decide if I go into the office next week. My biggest concern is swelling. Not sure how to elevate and ice at the desk. I could take my Ossur cold machine, but not sure how that'd work out.

Going to the pub today for 1.5 hours to get out of the house.
 
Off the Oxycodone and just taking Tylenol. Works much better for the swelling, which is more uncomfortable than the pain.
Tylenol does nothing for the swelling. It's probably your icing and elevation that keeping this under control. But in any case it is a bit early to try this at only 10 days out. All the best!
 
I'm pooped from my outing. No pain and just a slight increase in swelling, but boy am I exhausted. 1.5 hours and one beer... done.
 
@UACats70 your coming along nicely. Your strength will start to pick up around weeks 3 & 4. It is nice to get out of the house! How's your PT going? What's the app you are using?
 
@UACats70 fatigue is my biggest complaint at the moment. I'm not a napper and I've been taking a 2 hour nap every afternoon. @IAPILOT 100 push-ups and some plank holds today in addition to my regular PT
 
If I could buy one of these, I definitely would go back to the office on Monday.

auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170115_a654f81b42d975e0754554267373bf7a.jpg
 
There you go, one day in week two or three, i was in my recliner , icing and elevating, trying to manipulate the laptop and ipad, got a little done, thats a sweet setup there!!



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top Bottom