PKR UACats Navio Robotics PKR - Jan 4

Wow that was a quick procedure , glad you are home, did they give some oxy , for the first few days?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
I'm glad your procedure went well. Keep the medication on schedule so the pain doesn't hit you like a ton of bricks when the surgery meds wear off.
 
My butt is no longer numb, so the spinal block has worn off. Doc insisted I take oxycodone 5/325. So that's what I'm doing. Taking 1 every 4 hours. Don't feel too loopy. Alarms set to take meds. No panic attack or anything yet.
 
I say this not to be a wet blanket but just so you don't get your hopes up.......I felt like a million bucks the first 2-3 days and then reality hit and I felt like I was supposed to feel. I had mentally prepared myself to be quite uncomfortable but after the first 2-3 days I thought I was just gonna breeze right through this. I actually said to my wife "you know, I don't see any reason why I won't be able to go back to work in 2 weeks"

Keep us posted
 
I said to my husband today... days 3-6 will be really hard. Today and tomorrow should be ok. I've read enough of everyone's experiences.
 
Yep, keep those meds coming for now. I'm glad you're not feeling any negative effects from them.
 
I'm glad you're home safely. Good to see you resting, icing and elevating - and to hear you're taking your pain medications on schedule!

Nurse Molly looks very devoted.
 
Slept from 7:30-11pm. Tried to stay awake longer so I wouldn't be awake all night, but couldn't. Not much pain. Noticed not moving while sleeping made the knee stiff when I woke up. Walked to bathroom and to get more ice. Feels good now. Sent husband and nurse Molly upstairs to bed. They were exhausted. Fat cat Finn is on duty now.
 
Glad you're doing well. Awesome that you could sleep that much. Although my pain levels were very low for the first few days, I still didnt sleep
 
Hubby's Facebook post while I was in recovery.

auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170105_c39b5e1537d00ebe2e2e3de03ff88727.jpg
 
First night update: took 1 oxycodone 5/325. Slept from 7:30-11, took pain meds at 11:30, dozed off from 2-3... woke up in pain (7 out of 10). I was doing 1 pill every 4 hours, now I'm trying 2 pills every 6 hours. Took 2 pills at 3:30. Slept from 3:30-7am. Not so much pain right now, just achey. Taking 2 pills at 9:30am.
 
First night update: took 1 oxycodone 5/325. Slept from 7:30-11, took pain meds at 11:30, dozed off from 2-3... woke up in pain (7 out of 10). I was doing 1 pill every 4 hours, now I'm trying 2 pills every 6 hours. Took 2 pills at 3:30. Slept from 3:30-7am. Not so much pain right now, just achey. Taking 2 pills at 9:30am.




Sent from my iPad

Hang in there Lorie!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
I'm at 1162 steps since midnight. Got up, walked with one crutch for stability. Ok full weight bearing for now. Feed/watered animals. Let dog out. Laying down now, icing and elevating. Took to Oxycodones at 9:30am, just achy but no pain. Fingers crossed.
 
Congrats on a successful start to recovery....try not to overdo! You will do just fine "Bionic Woman"
 
All of our med schedules are different and it will take you a few days to find what's best for you. And it will also change because your pain levels are going to change. I made the early mistake when I was feeling pretty good of going from 2 pills every 6 hours to 1 pill every 6 hours. I modified that and my step down when I'm feeling good is 1 every 4 hours. That seems to be working for me at the moment.

Of course, what I'm also learning is that this will change. Seems like every time I "figure it out" it changes.

My new saying for a knee replacement is that if you don't like where you are right now, be patient because it might change in a few hours. Conversely, if you like where you are now.......tough ****......its gonna change also.
 

Staff online

  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom