PKR UACats Navio Robotics PKR - Jan 4

There you go trying to be logical! :heehee: Knees have never been very good at following logic.....:snork:

Hang in there. Listen to hubby and take meds when you need them. Crutch around. It will get better with time and patience.
 
Hubby always says I'm too logical and literal. I remember just after we got married, our furnace was acting up and hubby was getting frustrated and I was shoulder coaching. He said "Leave me alone". So I left the house and came back two hours later. He asked where I had gone and I told he said to leave him alone. He told me "you're so literal, I meant just stop talking to me while I'm trying to fix this". I said " well, you should have just said that.

I'm an ENTJ on the Myers-Briggs personality test.
 
This is weird. Woke up this morning and flexion is back to where it was on Saturday. No excruciating pain while bending, just the normal discomfort. Hubby says to still take it easy, keep up with R.I.C.E. and keep my appointment for Friday.

I wonder is it possible to have a piece of debris from surgery that dislodged and was trapped under my patella?
 
A good friend had stabbing pain after her TKR, apparently a piece of glue dislodged inside and was the shape of an arrowhead. They had to go back in and pull it out. So I guess anything is possible, but I bet it was inner swelling from your outing on Sunday otherwise you'd feel that pain somewhere else. An x-ray will tell if there's something so you're right to keep the appointment. I'm glad the pain is gone and hubby is right, rest, ice, elevate.
 
Do you think I can do my home PT today? Or should I just wait until I see the OS?
 
I'd give it more time to heal, another day of rest will be good and let whatever swelling there dissipate.
 
I bet you overdid it the other day. My trip to the OS made my knee swollen and very angry. I feel like I did when I first came home. I think the key to KS is lots and lots and lots of patience and it gets hard when the world outside keeps going.
 
Between the going out and having your leg down that probably did it. It doesn't take much time with your leg down for the knee to blow up.
 
Take it easy for the next couple of days. You're already seeing that taking it easy is helping your knee feel better. Your ROM will increase more by doing that for a few more weeks.
 
That's the thing, there was no additional visible swelling. I swear it felt like something was snagging on the back of my patella.
 
You can have swelling inside your knee joint, even when it doesn't look swollen on the outside. I's a pretty small space in there, so it doesn't take much to impede the way your joint works.
 
Celle is right. Just not seeing swelling doesn't mean you are free of it. Try to be patient and rest a couple more days until you see your surgeon. It's not going to set your recovery back and more than likely your knee will appreciate you cutting it some slack for a bit. Your surgeon will guide you with what you should do next.
Be sure and write out what has happened (the ups and downs....kind of a journal) so you can remember to tell him everything you've experienced. That's the good thing about having all your recovery information in one place. Just go back through this thread and make a few notes so he can see both your pain and activity levels.
 
Glad your doing better Lorie, see the doc and go from there.


R Partial Knee Replacement 11/28/16
 
Be sure and write out what has happened (the ups and downs....kind of a journal) so you can remember to tell him everything you've experienced.

I got nerd brain... no worries about me forgetting.
 
So, I probably know this answer already, but am hopeful I am wrong. Is 5 1/2 weeks after partial knee replacement too soon to wear kitten heels? As I mentioned before, I am VIP host of a Cyber Security Executive dinner at a very swanky place with a dress-code in downtown San Francisco. I'm trying to decide what to wear/pack.
[Bonesmart.org] UACats Navio Robotics PKR - Jan 4
 
I waited longer to wear heels and found that wedge heels gave me more stability as well as weall as being easier to walk in. Since you just had this episode with pain it may be a good idea to try something else. Hey, a reason to go shoe shopping! But just into the shoe department and out again!
 
Ah womens shoes, we joke about who has more my wife or I, how are you doing today Lorie @UACats70?
Mine are men's shoes of course


R Partial Knee Replacement 11/28/16
 
Good luck today Lorie, I am sure you will be fine


R Partial Knee Replacement 11/28/16
 
Just got back from the OS. He said it was probably scar tissue behind the knee cap. He gave me a clean bill of health and said I am good to go back to doing PT and can start on the stationary bike. He said I am good to go back to work on Monday too. Hooray!

[Bonesmart.org] UACats Navio Robotics PKR - Jan 4
 
Back
Top Bottom