PKR UACats Navio Robotics PKR - Jan 4

Went to the local pub today for a couple beers and lunch. Elevated leg while there. Iced as soon as I got home. Fell asleep too early. Awake in the wee hours, but knee feels ok. Success.
 
Keeping the leg up was the key for me and the only way I could go out. I'm glad you were able to enjoy yourself with no pain.
 
Yeah Lorie! Glad it went ok, doing all my pt ankle and knee, bike!


R Partial Knee Replacement 11/28/16
 
You probably fell asleep early b/c of the outing. But cool that you were able to get out for a while and then come home and relax :ice:
 
@ucats70 how are you feeling?
Hope all is well,
Mike

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
Today is 4 weeks. I'm a little bummed today. Taking time off from PT last week feels like it set me back as far as recovery. I'm back to work full time, get a bit achy and pretty pooped at the end of the day. Started sleeping in the bed two nights ago and it has been a little struggle, but better than the sofa. Tried going up a couple steps with the operated leg, not too bad. Still icing and elevating a bunch. Off all prescription medication now. I'm very happy about that.

I need to figure out how to build the muscle back so the leg feels a little more stable. What's everyone's thoughts on Electrical Muscle Stimulation?
 
Do you mean TENs? My PTs used this, but not to build muscle, they waited until 4 months to work on muscles because it took that long for the knee and muscles to heal.
 
I thought they worked on different wave lengths. TENS is geared toward nerves and EMS is toward muscles??
 
All,

I'm wondering if anyone has used a rowing machine after knee replacement. I want to buy one, but am wondering if in the interim, before I get full flexion if I could install a wood block w/ c-clamp to prevent the seat from going forward past my 95 degree flexion.

Any thoughts?

CATS
 
Your knee still needs to heal for a bit longer before you start strength training. Usually, about 12 weeks is early enough for strengthening exercises. Before then, your leg will strengthen just through your everyday activities.

You've already gone back to work very early, so don't impose more stress on that new knee by starting strength training too soon.
 
I have bought a mini peddler in the hope of increasing the bend, not sure about a rower.
 
My mini peddler is great. Its one of the best things I've bought to help!
Rowing machine might be very hard on the knees.
 
Four Week Post-op Knee

[Bonesmart.org] UACats Navio Robotics PKR - Jan 4
 
I used a rowing machine a lot after my surgery. You can stop the stroke at any point in your rom. I liked it because I was working on my core while helping my knee recover too. I do think that you would have to wait four weeks or so before you could get on it regularily.
 
Thanks all! I have a stationary bike that I am starting on this week. I was hoping to also get a rowing machine for more total body/core workout. (Since I'm no longer supposed to run.)
 
@UACats70 have you heard of the Zero Gravity runner? My sister is a runner, but since arthritis runs in our family and at 52 she's feeling the effects of road running she bought zero gravity running machine. She still road runs, but not as often and says her knees are feeling much better.
 
Back
Top Bottom