PKR UACats Navio Robotics PKR - Jan 4

Good healing. It still appears you have some swelling, though. I agree with Celle that you should wait a while before attempting strength training. You need to get past any swelling and the healing process itself.
 
Hi @UACats70 ! I have a little info on the EMS and TENS. I have 2 different combination units that work with both the nerves to block pain and also on the muscle stimulation My big unit is a RS-4i Plus Sequential Stimulator (4 channel/sets of leads) . I have used it a lot on the L quad muscle..trying to keep it strong while they work on all the lower leg injuries. I also use it on my full right leg. It helps me because I an not able to do PT or any activities at this time and I really want to have the strength to walk when I can:). I have a smaller unit EMPI (2 channels sets of leads) that I use when I travel but it does the same thing but smaller area. I hope this helps.
It looks like you have a great group of people at work..you have quite the stash now for the candy drawer. Sorry about your Packers, I really wanted to see them win. And @KarriB sorry my team won (LOL). My sons are huge Steeler fans but I am a New England girl by birth. It was fun in my house watching the games.
 
Yeah good for you Lorie , i did too, like 3 minutes worth, and 5 minutes on treadmill walking!


R Partial Knee Replacement 11/28/16
 
Four Week Post-op Knee

[Bonesmart.org] UACats Navio Robotics PKR - Jan 4

I'm scheduled for PKR 3/22. Thank you for sharing.
 
BTW - NOT icing after cycling was a very dumb move. Was very sore this morning. I was too chilly last night to ice. :D
 
UACats has had a great recovery, but every person and every knee is different. Ten days is very early to return to work so please be careful in planning. I planned on returning full time at 8 weeks, but had to change those plans to 12 weeks with a phased return.
 
I returned in 20 days , part time tough


R Partial Knee Replacement 11/28/16
 
@UACats70 I merged your second recovery thread regarding using a rowing machine with this one. Please keep all your updates and questions on this thread so that we have a history of your situation and can advise you if necessary. Thanks!
 
Yes, I have questions.
My surgery is on a Wed. & I plan to be back to work for a least partial days 10 days later.
You've given me hope that this is possible.



I worked from home, laying on the sofa, knee elevated and icing with laptop. I went into the office on day 15, but only for two days when I had some surgical debris or something catch behind my kneecap. This week was my first full week back.

I'd say you best bet is to play it by ear.
 
I worked from home, laying on the sofa, knee elevated and icing with laptop. I went into the office on day 15, but only for two days when I had some surgical debris or something catch behind my kneecap. This week was my first full week back.

I'd say you best bet is to play it by ear.

Thanks. I can work from home, too, so I'll have an alternate plan if needed.
 
If you're able to work from home, do be aware that for the first month or so after surgery you will be suffering from "brain fog", an inability to concentrate or think clearly. It's due partly to the drugs you have to take and partly due to the trauma of the surgery. Don't make any important decisions during this time.
 
Back
Top Bottom