PKR UACats Navio Robotics PKR - Jan 4

Thanks!
Home. PT done. Vegging and trying to at least stay awake until 9pm.
 
Congrats on what sounds like a great first day back at work. Have a good nights sleep!!!
 
Woke up pretty sore this morning. Another full day in the office. Feel pretty good right now.
 
Are you able to get up and walk every hour or so?I'm sure you'll enjoy a few days off now.
 
Lorie so, how do you feel after 2 days at work?


R Partial Knee Replacement 11/28/16
 
I totally know that feeling your talking about! I too have had several major surgeries but never felt as wiped out, weak like a kitten and miserable as with my knees. I was thankful that a good friend who is an orthopedic nurse set me straight and told me before the first one that it would take 8-12 weeks before I started to feel like myself again. She was dead on correct. That was a major reason I decided to back to back my knees. I decided I could and would give up 12-16 weeks for the initial recovery. Sadly my friend was correct this is a long road. My heart goes out to those who only hear the OS saying three weeks and your as good as new.....
 
Had an ok weekend. Went out to watch the Packers game, was really swollen by halftime. Came home. Lots of discomfort now. Took two Tylenol, laying on the couch icing and wondering why my Packers didn't show up to play today.
 
Steelers aren't either. I'm just sad and the game is not fun to watch now.
 
Not a good day to be in yellow. Switching to watch Victoria on PBS.
 
  • Agree
Reactions: pdx
In quite a bit of pain tonight. Elevating, icing and took two oxycodone. First time on prescription pain meds in a while.
 
Sorry about the Packers I rooted for them , but how about those Patriots going to be a good Superbowl!! Seriously I hope you feel better, make sure you elevate and ice well before you go out for work or play, I use my wedge at least a half hour to 45 minutes before work and when i get home.


R Partial Knee Replacement 11/28/16
 
I over did it yesterday and am now paying for it. Was in so much pain last night I had to take pain meds. I'm exhausted, only slept 4 hours. Back on crutches. Hope this is just temporary. I hope I didn't mess anything up.... cuz I was doing so well. R.I.C.E. all day today.
 
@UACats70 Hope you feel better soon! I think we all overdo it when we feel better. It looks like you're making adjustments and you'll be back to yourself in no time .
 
It is a good idea to keep your leg elevated or at least propped up for the first month, then really be careful how long it's down as you move forward. The ODIC stinks, but everyone joins eventually! I'm glad you can take it easy today.
 
Please don't worry about hurting your implant when you overdo things. It is strong; it's the soft tissue around your knee that's impacted. Recovery is never linear. There are always ups and downs. When you overdo things, step back and make an extra effort to rest, ice, elevate and take whatever pain meds are needed. This is part of the reason why we advise people not to try and get back to a normal routine and work too soon. It's easy for people to assume you're all healed when you show up at work. And then when you have a setback, they don't understand why. If you can take a day or two off and work from home, that will help you.
 
Hope you feel better soon. Sometimes we just want to get back into society and it is just too soon. I get it!!!
 
Back
Top Bottom