Guest viewing is limited

PKR UACats Navio Robotics PKR - Jan 4

Got the ok today from OS to fly to San Francisco for a cyber security conference where I will be a guest speaker. This will be week 6 post-op
 
My team is so sweet, literally!
[Bonesmart.org] UACats Navio Robotics PKR - Jan 4

[Bonesmart.org] UACats Navio Robotics PKR - Jan 4
 
Looks delicious!
You may want to consider using airport transportation on your cross country trip. All the walking and sitting without elevating could leave you swollen. But using airport transport can cut down on the walking and leave you in better shape for the actual conference.
 
  • Agree
Reactions: pdx
As Jacey said, you call the airports they'll have someone to meet you at the gate and take you to where you need to go. There may even be a link on the airport website.
 
I don't know what airline you're using. All have transportation assistance available. We've used Southwest and were able to request it when making the online reservation. You will be transported through the airport on a cart or with a wheelchair. They take you and your bags directly to the gate where you are checked in quickly and board first. At your destination, they take you via cart or wheelchair to baggage claim, help you get your bags and then take you anywhere else you need to go for transportation. It's great service!! Just be sure to tip the person according to the service provided. We were always pretty generous because our service was priceless.
 
When I fell in Mexico, I had to use wheelchair service to get home to Chicago. I obviously didn't reserve anything, but was well take care of in both airports. We flew Southwest and they were excellent with the services they provided.
 
Two week update: Checked in with Force Therapeutics. Sent them photos of knee & ROM. They say all looks great, 90 degree flexion and full extension. Off opioid pain meds since last week. Haven't used crutches or other walking aids since week 1. I'm taking Celebrex once a day, Aspirin twice a day and Tylenol as needed. I'm going back to work tomorrow.

Still one legging it on stairs - when do you start going up/down stairs using both legs??
 
90 is great! How has going back to work been?

Stairs like so many others is different for everyone. I can't speak for myself as at one month I was wearing an imbolizer for a month. I was able to use my TKR to climb bus steps after a few months though. That was huge because those steps are high!
 
Stairs are not my greatest success story. I was doing stairs "normally" with both hands available until last Saturday when something strange happened in my six-month-old right knee. For now, I'm back to straight-legging the right knee on stairs (I was able to go up stairs normally last night with both hands available for support, so I don't think this is a permanent problem). I have an appointment with my OS on Friday to find out what might have happened and get a timeline and plan for improvement. I feel like whatever it was it set me back three months, but we'll see. For me, stairs were the last part to return. That and getting up from a low seat. Ugh. I still dread that, but until last Saturday, I was doing pretty well with it, too.
 
Stairs are the slowest part of recovery....especially going down them foot over foot. It can take 6 weeks or more so don't get discouraged. Go slow and give it a try when you feel ready. Just do a few steps at a time and gradually increase the number of steps.

Are you able to sit and stand without using chair arms?
 
@Jamie - most of the time I am able to sit/stand without using arms.

p.s. I'm in the office today, we'll see how it goes.
 
I know you were going to take your ice machine. Let's know how it goes.
 
Well, it's 4:30pm. I have been at work since 8:30am. Other than feeling sleepy this afternoon, I think it went well. I didn't have any additional pain or swelling. Leaving the office at 5pm. I'm sure I will fall asleep early tonight.
 
And hopefully get a good night's sleep! I'm glad your first day was successful.
 
I hope you enjoy a long sleep tonight after your first day at work. You deserve it.
 
Back
Top Bottom