TKR Two TKR in two weeks---let the fun begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go, am I right side up?
[Bonesmart.org] Two TKR in two weeks---let the fun begin!
 
We use the prefixes as a way to identify the type of surgery a person is having

Jamie, while we're on the subject can you please change my pre-fix to PKR. I am listed as TKR and although I know that I TOTALLY had knee replacement surgery, I only had a partial. :o)

Thanks :thumb:

Hey Janis, hope you're asleep. :sleep: I'm wide awake for some reason. BOOOOO!
 
That's lovely, I was worried about the blood rushing to your head.:spin:
 
Are you all packed up mama and ready to go!? I moved in with Alice in Wonderland today. :egypdance:The Madd Hatter was creeping me out, so we're gonna go see Lucy in the sky in a few.

I think my body is finally realizing it has surgery, it's just about time to crash and burn. :bicycle2::yawn::yawn::sleep::zzz:

Ttyl, Get home safe and try not to Wu Tang anybody as you leave the hospital.:hissy: You will need that energy later, so put it in your pocket... you'll thank me later. :yes:
 
Jamie, while we're on the subject can you please change my pre-fix to PKR. I am listed as TKR and although I know that I TOTALLY had knee replacement surgery, I only had a partial. :o)

Done!!!
 
Hey Janis. I hope you are still doing well. Let us know how you are doing when you get a chance. Take care!


Sent from my presidential platinum ODIC iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Are you all packed up mama and ready to go!? I moved in with Alice in Wonderland today. :egypdance:The Madd Hatter was creeping me out, so we're gonna go see Lucy in the sky in a few.

I think my body is finally realizing it has surgery, it's just about time to crash and burn. :bicycle2::yawn::yawn::sleep::zzz:

Ttyl, Get home safe and try not to Wu Tang anybody as you leave the hospital.:hissy: You will need that energy later, so put it in your pocket... you'll thank me later. :yes:
I got to come home today! Yesterday was rough so much pain, fever, swelling and limited mobility. I just followed our mantra and feel much better today. Oh and I pooped ... Did not know it was possible to poop a brick! Lol!

So Bionic Woman 2 had to Wu Tang a nurse! At one point I was chilled and I had 4 hospital blankets on but I was running a fever which is normal. At 4:30 I started to sweat profusely, I kicked off the blankets but was soaked. When the nurse came in I said I think my fever broke or maybe the four blankets finally got to me and explained what happened. She said " just for future info I would take the blankets off if that happened," that was it! I was laying in my bed with my back to her and I said "I have survived 51 years on this planet and I am pretty sure I have that figured out!" Really!

So the OS, PT and nurses told me tody very common for the second TKR to be more trouble when doing bi-laterals even when it tends to be the better of the two knees. They said they see it all the time. My OS said surgery took less time and was a breeze but it has not been a breeze in recovery! Okay going to nap land!
 
Glad you're home and you didn't have to pull out the "Top of the Ropes" pro-wrestling move on her. WHERE do these people get their manners from, or lack of. :hissy:Empathy training should be mandatory for anyone entering the healthCARE profession.

On a bright note, I took my shower today. :egypdance:I could'a took one yesterday but I was so out of it. :rolleyes: Oh, and I pooped in the potty a few times. The first deal was from the Rock Quarry, but the additional Throne Room episodes moved along nicely... Whoosh, there it is! :rotfl:

I'm about to crash too, but I got a little something to share with you just in case someone else wants to give you their unsolicited advice. :yes:
[Bonesmart.org] Two TKR in two weeks---let the fun begin!


HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! We may need to remove this, but I figured the laugh was worth it! :rofsign:
 
Glad you're home and you didn't have to pull out the "Top of the Ropes" pro-wrestling move on her. WHERE do these people get their manners from, or lack of. :hissy:Empathy training should be mandatory for anyone entering the healthCARE profession.

On a bright note, I took my shower today. :egypdance:I could'a took one yesterday but I was so out of it. :rolleyes: Oh, and I pooped in the potty a few times. The first deal was from the Rock Quarry, but the additional Throne Room episodes moved along nicely... Whoosh, there it is! :rotfl:

I'm about to crash too, but I got a little something to share with you just in case someone else wants to give you their

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! We may need to remove this, but I figured the laugh was worth it! :rofsign:


OMG :rotfl: :loll: :rofsign:
 
Glad to see you are home, Janis! :happydance: I'm sure you are happy to be there too! :dancy: I remember coming home and knowing how nice it was not to have someone from the hospital in my face all the time. I hope you aren't in too much pain.

Take care! :flwrysmile:

Maria, ODIC President
 
Oh, Janis....are you awake ? This is Diana...if you happen to wake up & see 3 "muscular warriors" by your
Bedside,do not be afraid :shocked: you are not hallucinating :beg: they are really there. :happydance:
Their muscle glistening in the moon light, fig leaves gently blowing in the breeze, they want only to please you :bow:
They will feed you grapes, rub your feet,& well, you know what they do with walnuts :heehee:
Oh my, it's getting very hot in here :yes!: :yes!:
Enjoy...
Diana....queen of the " June sunbeams" :SUNsmile:
 
Glad you are home Janis. You can relax and get some proper rest.
Take it gently,
Hugs
Toothfairy x :yay: :bicycle2:
 
Oh, Janis....are you awake ? This is Diana...if you happen to wake up & see 3 "muscular warriors" by your
Bedside,do not be afraid :shocked: you are not hallucinating :beg: they are really there. :happydance:
Their muscle glistening in the moon light, fig leaves gently blowing in the breeze, they want only to please you :bow:
They will feed you grapes, rub your feet,& well, you know what they do with walnuts :heehee:
Oh my, it's getting very hot in here :yes!: :yes!:
Enjoy...
Diana....queen of the " June sunbeams" :SUNsmile:

Nice ...what a nice visual in the Land of Morpheus! :egypdance: I feel the earth moving :happydance: Now to break out in song! It's raining men
 
Janis, I rated this post "friendly" because they sure do look rather friendly! lol new knee in June, I can no longer take it. :thud: Check your page, and "Blame it on the Rain." :heehee:
 
Just poppin in to make sure you haven't been carted off to JAIL...WU TANG! :rotfl:

My medicinal magical cocktail :martini:has completely left my system, so OUCH! :groan:I think the Oxycodone in the hospital must be some designer stuff! lol I know they use the long lasting one. I've been popping mine by the clock, and I'm not in excruciating pain, but it does not compare to the "tip toe through the tulips" feeling I had in the hospital. :egypdance::egypdance:

The good news is, WE ARE DONE, there's not another knee in sight to replace! :yay::yay:

Hoping you're not in too much pain Ma. :friends:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom