TKR Two TKR in two weeks---let the fun begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Janis -

I hope you are doing well...post as soon as you can and let us all know how you are progressing.

Hugs,
Denise
 
Well left knee is not doing well on Wednesday the OS is going to scope it. My flexion is 80 and my extension is -10 my knee is so stiff and because of it I limp really bad. My right knee is 110 /0 ... bummed
 
Oh no, that's not good news, any idea why it's happened? Is your husband still having his TKR too?
Sue. :console2:
 
Oh no, that's not good news, any idea why it's happened? Is your husband still having his TKR too?
Sue. :console2:
No reason, and yes Craig is having his surgeries Nov 1 and 4th. After his surgeries he is going to an acute rehab facility and then his parents for a bit.
 
Oh Janis I am sorry to hear that you are getting scoped. :cry: I hope the scope helps you though. :SUNsmile: Great that your right knee is doing well! :yay: Best wishes to you on your upcoming arthroscopy. Please keep us posted.

Take care :flwrysmile:
 
Good luck with the scope, I hope it is nothing serious. Keep us posted. :console2:
 
Yes, I hope it goes well for both of you. Hoping you'll have some help at home when you've had the arthroscopy as well.
Sue.
 
Janis - good luck to you! Let us know how you do after your scope.

Hugs,
Denise
 
Well good news no scope on my left knee but the OS did do bi-lat MUAs. Once they had me under, the OS was examining my knees closer and decided to go that route. Been home 30 minutes, right now I feel okay ... will see once local wears off.
 
WOW! bilateral MUAs! Please let us know how you're doing. Remember the mantras---rest, elevate, ice, and pain meds if needed; and slow and easy with the exercise and general getting around.
 
Hi Janis, I have just caught up with your post.
Sorry to hear you are having problems. Hope your bilateral MUA is successful and makes things better for you.
Have a nice easy day. Hope you are getting some TLC.
Hugs coming your way, Toothfairy x :console2: :flwrysmile:
 
Last night I actually slept on my stomach, I have not done that in years! My knee were flat on the mattress! Today is mantra day! Ice, elevate and medicate. Not too much pain yet but I just woke up.
 
Whoa...Bi-lateral MUAs?! I hope you are doing okay!

I'm thinking of you.

Hugs,
Denise
 
I do hope you at doing well . I can not imagine how you had h two replacement surgeries so close together. Then this new surgery . You are one strong lady . I had a hard time with PT the first day because I had a mental block when it came to putting the weight on right leg first such as the steps . I felt like I could not do it . You are amazing .
 
Hope it all goes well from here on out. Any explanation of why some knees require this? I don't really understand it.
I wish I knew! My PT told me to keep doing my stretches at home otherwise it will stiffen up again. How long before it "catches" ? Today after the MUAs I had 126 on right knee and 102 on left!
 
I do hope you at doing well . I can not imagine how you had h two replacement surgeries so close together. Then this new surgery . You are one strong lady . I had a hard time with PT the first day because I had a mental block when it came to putting the weight on right leg first such as the steps . I felt like I could not do it . You are amazing .
Well you do what you have to do. Thank goodness for ice, pain meds and this website. Lol You should see me in PT, I am not coordinated!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom