TKR Two TKR in two weeks---let the fun begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh droll....now I want to see Drew, tell him you are starting a fan club, and his new fans want a peek!! Is he a nurse?, doc, or maybe a porter?, and then whip out your camera!!!
 
Janis, you must be feeling better...whoo hoo! How nice to have some eye candy...just about gives you the strength to combat dragon Karen!! :heehee: e: If your last hospital spell is anything to go by, you won't be in there long! My oh my but they have you well and truly trussed up, must have very warm legs!! :wink:
Lol last night I got tangled in my leg pumps, blankets and foley I could not move! I had to call the nurses to come save me!
 
Oh droll....now I want to see Drew, tell him you are starting a fan club, and his new fans want a peek!! Is he a nurse?, doc, or maybe a porter?, and then whip out your camera!!!
Nurse assistant ...I might be wrong he might not be here, is not assigned to me today. I will have to do some reconnaissance ...well as best as I can with two bum knees!
 
Ha ha, when the physio comes, you can have a little walk and do a reccie!!
 
Congrats! Your legs look awesome. I hope you are not in too much pain. Welcome to the other side!

Hugs,
Denise
 
Yes, nice cosy looking legs :happydance:

Hoping you feel OK and are released soon!

Sue.:friends:
 
Janis, I have changed your thread title as you requested. Sounding mighty chipper. You'll be so glad that you've have them both done. Take care. We care
 
You do look well, but I have a problem....because you're upsidedown I had to turn my laptop and I got the wires caught....all my pens and pencils are now on the floor behind my desk and I can't kneel. Please don't stand on your head again to take your photo :rofsign:
Sue.
 
Look at you trying to bring Sexy BacK with your toes all pointed and your leg warmers on... Flash Dance anyone! :egypdance:

Glad you had something to look at for a minute GrAaaal! :blush: I Wu Tanged a little boy away from me. He pisses me off just 10 minutes out of recovery :hissy:, but that's another story, for another thread. Glad your vitals are back to normal and you'll soon be hobbling all over the hospital looking for Drew. :loll:

About the Bilateral thing, don't sweat the title, YOU KNOW you had both your kness done, and so do we. My OS called my knees bi-lateral the other day. He touched one, then he touch the other one, As he was doing this he was saying Bi... Lateral. He doesn't do both knees at the same time, but rest assure I DO have Both my knees done:yes!:With the pain and scars to prove it! :groan:

Heading over to my page, ttyl
 
I definitely understand what you guys are saying about "bi-lateral" knees. I'm bi-lateral too.....have both knees replaced. But I need to clarify what the thread prefixes mean and their purpose! I don't want you thinking we don't have sympathy for all a person goes through when both knees are replaced within a relatively short period of time! I definitely KNOW it's tough!!!

We use the prefixes as a way to identify the type of surgery a person is having, not an identifier of whether they have one or both knees replaced. It's all about the particular procedure being done. Each procedure has its own set of potential problems and fears for our members - whether they are awaiting surgery or in recovery. Having the prefix out there in the index enables members to more easily pick threads that pertain to the type of surgery they have had or will be having. In fact, one can even double click on the prefix itself and it pulls up a search of ONLY those threads with that prefix. We need this search capability to make it easier for members to read about others going through what they will face - whether it is a BTKR, PKR, TKR or other specific procedures.

Having a bi-lateral TKR where both knees are done at the same time is a whole different animal than two separate surgeries. There are different risks and the surgeon's job is more difficult. Sometimes there are actually two surgeons working on the patient at once. People worry that they won't be able to get up and stand at all with both knees done at the same time. You are under anesthetic longer. There is more potential for blood loss. On the plus side, it shortens your recovery (over having two separate surgeries) and means less time in the hospital. The cost can be less for the patient. We want to keep discussions of this specialized surgery separate from procedures involving only one knee during the operation. Otherwise people tend to get confused about what to expect.

Even though you have two knees to recover from like a BTKR patient, the surgical procedure you went through is not the same. You had two separate knee replacements surgeries. I hope you can understand why we have the forum set up this way. It is certainly not intended to diminish your challenges in recovery!!!
 
Yes, nice cosy looking legs :happydance:

Hoping you feel OK and are released soon!

Sue.:friends:
You do look well, but I have a problem....because you're upsidedown I had to turn my laptop and I got the wires caught....all my pens and pencils are now on the floor behind my desk and I can't kneel. Please don't stand on your head again to take your photo :rofsign:
Sue.
Lol! strange it is normal on my end
 
Oh dear maybe my laptop.:gaah:I've been having trouble with the site.:sad:
 
Food here is room service style I was told I am only allowed to order two cookies (fresh baked peanut butter or chocolate chip) at a time ...but they never said how many times I could call and order two cookies! Lol I had 4 today, might just order two more lol! :dancy:
 
Lol Lucy in the sky time ...I am in pain much more this go around but I was just given Er morphine, femoral block increased to 14 and morphine in my IV ...that'll do pig, that'll do ...I hope!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom