TKR Two TKR in two weeks---let the fun begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today was the one week b-day of Knee two and the three week b-day of Knee one! Tonight, I actually over-flexed Knee two...it hurt...I let out a moan...did a little breathing exercise BUT I survived! Now I know what to expect when that happens again. Each day brings a new wonderment, what will I be able to do today. I was able to walk without the assistance of my walker or a cane today! Now in no way am I saying I walk graceful. I walk like a 100 year old tortoise but I was bearing full weight on my new knees! I was even able to stand long enough to wash some dishes.
 
Marvellous progress. It's a great feeling walking unaided on two new knees.
I know what you mean about it not being elegant but it improves with practice.
No such thing as sleeping too much at this stage of your recovery. Just go with it and let your body heal.
Have a great day,
Hugs
Toothfairy x :wink:
 
Okay, so should I be weening myself off pain meds? I have my alarm set for every four fours and was taking the max dose. Last night, I took the min dose every four and slept like ****. My left knee is like a 3-4, my right is a 1 or 2. I am still using my ice machine. So tired today....
 
I was even able to stand long enough to wash some dishes.
Oh, don't let anyone know that!!!:no-fin:

I don't think you should worry about the pain meds at this early stage - just take what you need, sleep as much as you can, and do your stretches in between. Give yourself a break since you just had 2 major surgeries in the last month! It sounds like you are doing fantastic. :flwrysmile:
 
Don't get fooled by those good days - enjoy them for the good days they are and as a symbol of the future to be. I fell asleep without planning (just drifted off) and was 2 hrs late today and paid the price but it was a good reminder that it is early on the path and the time will come just not right now.
 
Yep, I missed a dose or two due to sleep and paid the tree trunk price. We have NO IDEA what it feels like to be without a drop of meds in our system, and after waking up two mornings "Home Alone" I don't wanna know. I was in so much pain, I almost did the infamous yell. AAAAAAAAAH! :scare:

Ma, you got 2 knees fresh out the oven, DON'T YOU DARE try and go without meds. :no-fin: lol
 
I hope things are going well for you Janis. Have a great weekend, hugs Toothfairy x
 
Hi Janis. I hope you are doing well. Take care!


Sent from my presidential platinum ODIC iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Damn I am depressed! I cry all the time :boohoo: if I hear a sad story I cry :boohoo:, if I feel overwhelmed I cry :boohoo:, if I am tired I cry :boohoo:, if I am in pain I cry :boohoo: I don't like this feeling
 
Yup, I know what you mean. Hard to deal with at times, upsets my husband and then he tries to be helpful by giving advice or telling me how well I am doing which just irks me more.
 
Aw Janis...this too will pass. Cry on. The pain meds have an effect on emotions. Not being able to do what you want when and when you want will also make you cry. Frustration. We are here to listen.


Sent from my presidential platinum ODIC iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
My youngest and I were just :rofsign: at my cry baby Whambulance fit I had last night. There was a small bug on my bed and I called him in my room. He arrived to see me in tears standing behind my walker. He calmly asked it I had hurt myself getting out of the bed, and i sobbingly said "no" :boohoo: I now know what he was thinking then was, "what the BLEEP are you crying for." :rotfl: I then had him help me remove all the covers from my bed and shake them out. What he didn't know was I was almost asleep when I saw the bug and was dead tired AND the night before some kinda flying big robbed me of a good night's sleep. So much for opening the window for a little "fresh air." :skep:

I'm not going into my several trips in the Whambulance! :cry: A couple of which were brought on by my first born. :gaah: I should've ran him over with the Whambulance. :hissy: Hindsight huh? :umm:
 
Hello Janis,
I cried everyday for 3 weeks :boohoo: :cry: It actually made me feel better, so I just let it come. My husband
Asked me what he could do...I said, I am going to cry, so just let it come. I believe it is the meds., pain, helplessness.
But, it does pass :happydance: So you have my permission to let the tears fly, you will feel better after :)
Now could I interest you in a Cabana Boy to fluff your pillows, feed you grapes, massage your weary muscles or
Would you prefer a mighty, mighty, " Warrior" :yahoo:
The choice is yours, I can send them Federal Express, same day delivery :whistle:
Let me know, feel better :console2:
Diana....Leader of the "June sunbeams" :SUNsmile:
Queen of the mighty, mighty " WARRIORS"....... :egypdance:
 
Hi Janis,
I'm just popping by to say hello.
I hope you are starting to feel a bit brighter.
You have been through so much in such a short time. No wonder you are traumatised.
Take it easy and heal,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :ok: :console2: :flwrysmile:
 
Well what is new! My staples were removed on Wednesday from Knee two, I start out-patient PT Monday and I drove today! I am still pretty emotional and want to sleep all the time but I feel like I am progressing slowly. I did notice when I go out I only have about 1 hour window before I need to go home, when I only had one knee done I had a three hour window at week 2. Still elevating, icing amd using pain medication but not as much. I am off ER morphine. I was prescribed 1-2 percocets ever 4 hours but find I can now skip doses and only need 1.
 
Janis, when I was where you are I wanted to sleep all the time too. Don't fight it; sleep is a great healer! All best wishes.
 
Janis, glad to hear that you are doing well. Your body is healing and need sleep. Relax and enjoy. Take care
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom