TKR Two TKR in two weeks---let the fun begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slight fever 99.3 and elevated HR 114 I an scared ..... :scare: @ Josephine and reassurance? Nurses said they are just watching me ... No please do something :sigh:
 
Okay, just had meeting with On Call Doc, head Nurse, my Nurse and Respiratory Therapist. They said lungs sound clear, I do the spirometer great, moving feet fine, no sign of PE, urine output is great. they think pain could be just causing elevated HR or Maybe because I drank a ton of caffeine tonight and I don't normally do that. After meeting we are still on wait and see ... :sorry:
XX
 
Hey Mama! Welcome on over to, Two New Knees Land. Isn't it such a great feeling!? :yahoo:

Glad you arrived safely and I'm trusting your vitals are okay now, or we're gonna have to talk to that Praying Mantis and see why he fell of his J.O.B.! :skep:
 
This surgery was crazy fast 1 hour 10 minutes. I was in recovery 1. 5 hours but after an hour in my room my vitals went whacky. Now my HR is coming down it is 95 and my temp is coming down ...I am so paranoid!
 
I changed your thread title to reflect your second TKR. But the prefix still remains "TKR." The "BTKR" refers to folks who had both knees done at the same time. We do it that way because a BTKR involves some special recovery issues and people need to be able to search for others who have had or are having both knees done at once.

Congratulations on your new knee!!! Hope things are going okay for you now.
 
I'm praying for you Janis, that God would give you peace, whil your body returns to normal. :beg::bow::beg::bow:So, try to remain calm. :SUNsmile: I'm over here breathing for you like I'm your Lamaze class partner or something. :thumb:

What are the nurses saying when they barge into your room every 5 minutes? :groan: Don't let them or anything else tick you off!:no-fin: This is NO TIME for Wu Tang! :hissy: Sorry. :sorry: Besides, already went there yesterday with the CPM guy... true story. :gaah:

I'll be checking back in on you okayyyyy :console2:
 
Glad to hear that both knees are now done. You are very brave.
Relax and recover. Hopefully all your obs will soon be normal.
Your body has had a lot to deal with in the past few weeks so it was probably just having a protest.
Hugs, Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :console2: :flwrysmile:
 
Hoping you are recovering now and feeling more settled, it's been a big trauma for your body, take things very easy.

Hugs,
Dabber :console2:
 
Hi janis, obs are not too out of whack, wouldn't, worry, it's not consistent settling down now, I'm sure all is fine.just get plenty of healing rest..will check back later. Take care :SUNsmile: it's all done now...just healing and recovery from this day forward!
 
Thanks for all the healing words I am back to normal fever broke last night and HR is in the normal range. I was told by BoneSmart I do not qualify as a BiLateral because I had a two week break between surgeries...poppycock! Going to hobble off and have pitty party.... :tantrum:
 
Here you go ladies my morning glamour shot ... They are not black thigh highs but they will turn some heads! :rotfl: yesterday, when I was picked up from recovery I recognized this young man ...Grrrr cougar material (if I wasn't married)! Then again I was told it doesn't matter where you get your appetite as long as you eat at home! :loll: Or just because you are on a diet does not mean you can not look at dessert! Anyway, I said well hello Drew. He blushed and the Nurse with him said Drew you have a fan club, I said well I remember you to, your name is Karen, she was the nurse that I wanted to punch in her snot locker on discharge day! Anyway ruining my fantasy by think about the Dragon Lady, Drew is on this morning and I am trying to look sexy LOL!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Two TKR in two weeks---let the fun begin!
    image.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 173
Jsankowski, I have changed the title of your thread as requested :) - is this what you wanted?

Cheers
 
I changed your thread title to reflect your second TKR. But the prefix still remains "TKR." The "BTKR" refers to folks who had both knees done at the same time. We do it that way because a BTKR involves some special recovery issues and people need to be able to search for others who have had or are having both knees done at once.

Congratulations on your new knee!!! Hope things are going okay for you now.
Jamie it should be
Jsankowski, I have changed the title of your thread as requested :) - is this what you wanted?

No can you change the title to "Two new knees, let the fun begin!
I wanted the bilateral but was told I do not qualify :boohoo:
 
Janis, you must be feeling better...whoo hoo! How nice to have some eye candy...just about gives you the strength to combat dragon Karen!! :heehee: e: If your last hospital spell is anything to go by, you won't be in there long! My oh my but they have you well and truly trussed up, must have very warm legs!! :wink:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom