TKR Two TKR in two weeks---let the fun begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, Janis... 2 in one month! :flwrysmile:You are doing so well!!!! :yay: I could not drive until 6 weeks but I am driving a standard. It might have been different if we had an automatic.
Keep on with the ice and elevating and don't be in too much of a hurry to loose the meds. The tears caused :boohoo:are a small price to pay for good sleep and bearable pain. There are good days and bad days, it is better not to push too hard on either.... you don't want a setback or make it worse. It has been 1 year for my right knee and it will get better... :SUNsmile:
 
WooHOO I can climb the steps like a normal person just slow!!! Still come down one foot at a time. I have switched medications to Tramadol during the day and Percocet at night and for PT. I have been crying sooooo much wanted to try something different with pain medications.
 
Well, Janis, you got thru both and I believe the worst is over. Soon you'll be getting around so much better.:happydance: Keep in touch and don't forgot those of us who are still waiting!
Will not forget you! I cry every time I talk about this website ...it has been a God send! Still have a lot of work ahead!
 
Janis , so many of the things you state I have felt to. Only had the one knee done .they left you have er morphine ? I m stil having some pain, difficulty . My knee is so stiff. I cried for weeks . Finally seeing some improvement there.
 
Janis , so many of the things you state I have felt to. Only had the one knee done .they left you have er morphine ? I m stil having some pain, difficulty . My knee is so stiff. I cried for weeks . Finally seeing some improvement there.
I had ER Morphine for about two weeks after each surgery. Now I am on Tramadol and Percocet. I also started using a TENS unit I had at the PT recommendation and I use Bio-freeze. My second knee is very stiff but it is getting better.
 
Janis -
I'm so impressed with your recovery. I haven't had by TRKR yet so i have no inputs to give you except to let you know there are plenty of BS members out here who are here for you!

Hugs,
Denise
 
Hi Janis, checking in! Sounds like you are doing quite well. I am glad to hear that your meds are working better for you now.

Take care :flwrysmile:
 
Today I had a woman at PT who is looking at two TKR tell me I inspire her! It is amazing all in the eye of the beholder, I don't see it. :hissy:
 
If a professional is telling you that you are an inspiration then take that compliment and run with it. :SUNsmile: You are very early still in your recovery, but you must be doing awesome! :happydance:

Keep up the good work! :flwrysmile:
 
Hey Mama, just checking on you. :friends: Hope you are doing well and taking it kneeeasy. :flwrysmile:
 
I am at week six and have not been cleared to drive yet. Seems you really progressed fast .
 
Just checking on you Ma. :angel: We're approaching the time when we fell we should be able to do stuff, do stuff, and pay for it later. :headbang: Hope this isn't happening to you, but I just had a mini setback last week... so it's in the air. :shocked: We need like a flu shot that protects us against over doing it. :umm:

Hang in there. :friends:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom