TKR Two New Knees and Hot to Trot

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi Toni - glad that you are at least part of the way to getting some answers - hope that the stomach problem resolves soon. I have a tendency to gastritis when I take very strong antibiotics and usually take Lanzo at the same time

As you know I am having similar adhesion issues which is preventing the free movement of my knee. I really hope that your corrective surgery will resolve the problems for you
:friends:
 
So glad to hear you're feeling better. I know what those antibiotics can do to your body, having been on many heavy duty ones over the last couple of years. I do hope the surgery helps with the scar tissue, so that you can be on your way to a full recovery.

Dorothy
 
Toni, Toni, Toni,
So glad you felt well enough to post :) I miss you :friends: I see you have a few app. Coming up.
I will still say a :angel: that everything will work out for you. It's so funny I tell my husband about all
Of you & I was really upset about what a few people where going through. He listens & asks how everyone
Is doing, he's awesome :)
Thinking of you my little "sunbeam" :SUNsmile:
Take care,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Toni. Well we're all delighted you're back on line but wish your news was a bit better. Sorry for the awful gag but rest assured we're all rootin' for you and you're in our prayers. Things'll improve. Mind yourself. Joe
 
Hope all is going well for you :SUNsmile: and that your brand new knee makes itself at home and settles right in! If you're not feeling up to posting, maybe have hubby let all the Bonesmarties know how you're doing. I've never "talked" to you before but I care about all of the members of this joint replacement community - we're a family now!
 
Good afternoon all my wonderful, wonderful BoneSmarties!! Well, time is counting down to my surgery. I never thought I would say it, but I can hardly wait!!! I want this knee to function again!! I'm praying that once the surgeon gets in there, he will see the problem straight away, and fix it. I finally got his nurse to look at my records and tell me what kind of implant he used.

It is a new model by De Puy..the new Sigma CR150 high flex fixed radius.. It just came on the market in 2012. I really wanted a matching Stryker titanium high flex like my right knee. This one is not titanium, but cobalt chrome..heavier than my Stryker.

As far as flex, well it really is high flex..I can bend with no problem to 152. The scar tissue makes it just a bit hard to get to 0 extension because the tissue is either in the way, or grabbing. Once I get the knee straightened when I stand up, that tissue or whatever it is causes the knee to pop back to a bent position..not good when you try to step down a step!!

The knee feels nice and straight and correct as far as positioning, so I know he did a great job aligning it. Sooo, I am praying very hard that once this scarring, or thickened extra tissue removal will give me a perfect outcome.

Thank you all my wonderful friends for hanging in there with me!! Please pray that this surgery will correct the issue.

I'm thinking of all of you and smile from ear to ear when I read about how good your recoveries are coming along. We have all had our ups and downs and our victories!!

Take care my wonderful friends!! I'll be keeping you up to date!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Two New Knees and Hot to Trot
Good to hear from you, Toni, and sounding so upbeat---makes me smile from ear to ear. Take care and keep us posted. We care and want to know how everything's going with you.
 
Good morning Toni,
How are you feeling today ? I was thinking last night " what would make Toni happy" :) then it came to me.
Go to the pre-op side & read " June sunbeams front & center" we certainly had the best time ever.
Once in a while I go back & laugh out loud....it should be required reading for all bonesmarties :rotfl:
If you have time...it will make you :rofsign:
Thinking of you always,
Diana :friends:
 
Dearest Toni,
Thinking of you, I hope your test results on your stomach give you some answers :angel:
Sweetie, hang in there....we are all pulling for you :)
Hugs & well wishes coming your way :friends:
Diana :console2:
 
Hi Toni
Hope that you are doing OK - has your stomach problem improved?
It looks like I will also need scar tissue removal so I am following your thread with great interest
:SUNsmile:
 
Hello all..I don't know about the implant..it may be a new model by a reputable company and my surgeon liked what he saw and decided to use it. Regardless, I expected the same implant as my other..I specifically requested the Stryker last year for my first knee.

Things are not getting better..the grabbing is getting worse, and it know feels like my knee gets twisted when it catches..and painful

I don't think I can wait 6 more weeks..I can't walk correctly and my back is killing me because of it.
Hi Toni Titianlady My buddy so sorry you are having these issues! We may be operation buddies again.. I got a call for pre-op next week and then Ill get my date. remember i had plate removal in June on my Right knee, well that has recovered well and Im back walking, I think the plate was causing the pain because im so much better without it. Im just getting around again so not keen for more surgery but I guess must go forward. big hugs D
 
Hi all my wonderful friends!! Here we are at the hotel waiting for tomorrows surgery!! Our wonderful Tashia traveled from her home and is booked into a room here at the hotel too! Right now we are sitting in her room chatting away while my husband is upstairs in ours sound asleep! We all went to dinner, congregated in our room for a few hours, and now are chatting away contentedly.

Tashia makes the most beautiful quilts!! She brought a few with her to show me, and gave me one. I will have to try and post a picture when I get home. It has been such a wonderful evening getting to meet a fellow BoneSmartie and we are having a great time chatting away.

Tomorrow is surgery day..I will get to the hospital at 7:30am. Please pray that this surgery will solve the issue.

I'll let you all know how it went when I get home!! Tashia says hi to all of you too!!
 
hi Titianlady So good to see you! I hope this will be the fix. been watching your thread and hoping for news. I'm sending my best thoughts your way. You are truly blessed to have a friend like Tashia.
wanada
 
Good morning Toni,
God speed on your surgery today :) hugs & prayers coming your way :console2: I hope this takes care of your
Knee problems & you wiłl be on the road to a great recovery :kittykiss:
Tashia is such a wonderful friend, to sit with you during this time, I'm sure she is a great comfort to you :friends:
Take care,
Diana...June sunbeams :SUNsmile: ....
 
Toni,
Hope you had an uneventful surgery and are recovering nicely. Let us know how you are doing when you have a chance.:SUNsmile:
 
Hey Toni. Titianlady hope the surgery went A ok and youre onto a speedy recovery by now. Glad you could have a friend with you. Talk soon, Im waiting for my preop next week and then the date :) D
 
Hi all!! I'm home and recouperating. The OS found scar tissue across the front of my knee, the side, and behind the knee and removed it. He said this removal should make a world of difference.

The facility I went to was amazing. The nursing staff was out of this world. They even lidocaine the site they insert the IV into so you have no pain when they insert it!! They put a hot pack on the back of my hand to relax the veins. Then the nurse said I would feel a tiny stick, then a little sting as the lidocaine went in, then nothing when they put the IV cath in. I watched her put in the IV cath and didn't feel a thing!! Starting an IV in the back of my hands has always been the part of surgery I dreaded, but this time with the way they did things, it was nothing!

I had a great anesthesiologist. Since this was short acting anesthesia they didn't even need to put the tube down my throat.

We got home about 3:30 yesterday afternoon. I ate a little dinner, then slept until 1:00 PM this afternoon!! I guess I was wiped out.

I had a wonderful time with Tashia!! We had dinner then sat and chatted for hours. As I've said before BoneSmarties
are the best folks in the world.

My knee is sore, and a bit stiff. They want me to do my knee excercises..leg lifts, ankle pumps and heel slides. Right now it is tough to bend it back too far and I won't push it. The OS put a little stitch in each incision and told me I could remove,them myself on the weekend..not looking forward to that. I may just go to the urgent care and have them do it.

Thank you all for your prayer. You're all the best.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom