TKR Two New Knees and Hot to Trot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Toni,
You don't have to post until you feel up to it. Tashia has been a wonderful friend to keep us up-dated :friends:
I do hope you are feeling better, & that we are all thinking of you :console2:
Healing thoughts coming your way,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Toni,
Hope your tummy is feeling better. Let us know how you are doing when you are feeling better.:console2:
 
Hi all my dear ones. It has been a torturous 10 days. The antibiotics I took completely destroyed the beneficial bacteria in my gut. I awoke 10 days ago in agony in my upper stomach..the pain was so severe that i ended up in the ER on IV morphine. I awoke every day for 8 days like that. I then had nothing but bile diarrhea for the next 4 days. I couldn't eat anything and have lost 15 pounds. I go to the gastroenterologist on Wednesday.

I have been living on Ensure and a special blend of probiotics that has 6 strains of live bacteria to repopulate my gut. Not having a gallblader has also been a hinderence with this situation as the bile I produce is continually running into my intestines.

I feel a bit better today, and have eaten some solid food..we'll see tomorrow if that was a mistake or not.

As far as my knee..I think puffin and I have the same issue with scar tissue at the top of the knee by the quad. I have a knot there that is tender to the touch, and keeps my knee from being able to stay locked when I walk..it causes the knee to pop forward.

I will be calling my OS after I see the gastro dr on Wednesday.


I have missed you all!! But I was just far too ill to do anything but wallow in pain. I feel a bit weak, but getting better.

Thank you soo much for all your love and concern. You are all just the best ever.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Two New Knees and Hot to Trot
Titianlady, so sorry you've been so sick----what a bummer. Everyone will be relieved to see your post. Hope the feeling better is going to last and every day from now on you'll be getting better and better.


Take care and post when you feel up to it. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] Two New Knees and Hot to Trot
 
Dear Toni,
I am so happy to see your post :) my gosh, you have been through so much. Did the antibiotics have anything
To do with your knee? My dear, you just rest & get better. :sleep:
You know we love you & think about you often :console2:
Take care,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Oh Toni - so sorry that you are suffering like this. Those heavy duty antibiotics are the worst - I am always popping those probiotic capsules when I take them as I react badly to them as well. Glad you have managed som solid food as the empty stomach makes the effects even worse. Hope you are feeling better :console2:

It does sound like we have similar issues with the quad muscle adhesions - hope your OS is able to help you. Mine suggested that another minor surgical procedure might be necessary but he wants to give it a few more months

Take care of yourself :friends:
 
Toni,

I suffered from c-diff because of antibotics! It was horrible! We changed antibotics, and 2 hours after the antibotic, I take a probiotic. I have been doing this for a while now, and have not had any more episodes! :happydance:

I hope you get to feeling better soon my friend! I miss you! :console2:
 
One thing I hope everyone remembers is, please don't take the probotics at the same time as the antibiotics! :yikes: I was doing that at first thinking I would get better :doh: Until the doctor said wait at least 2 hours before taking the probiotic after the antibiotic. He said the way you are doing it makes each ineffective! They go to war with each other and forget about your body. It was true. When I spaced the probiotic out from the antibiotic, both could do their job, and I felt so much better! :happydance:
 
Hi all.. I'm scheduled for arthroscopic surgery on my knee September 16th. I hope with all I have that this is just some tissue thickening or adhesions and this surgery will take care of it.

I'm scheduled for an endoscopy of my stomach this coming Tuesday. We need to find out what is going on in there.

I'll keep you all up to date my dear friends
 
Hello Toni,
This has been a very difficult recovery for you :sad: I am so sorry you have the additional stomach
Pain to contend with on top of your knee pain. ( it sounds very painful ) but, I am happy you have your app. To
Get to the bottom of both these problems :kittykiss:
I will :angel: for you my dear, Toni......to pain-free days ahead & simple solutions to your medical problems.
Hugs & healing thoughts coming your way :console2:
Diana...June sunbeams.. :SUNsmile: .....thinking of you always......
 
Good morning Toni,
I wanted to wish you good luck on your doctors app. This week.
Thoughts & best wishes coming your way,
Diana :console2:
 
Toni, So sorry that you haven't gotten better. I do hope the knee surgrey does work. What a mess. Keep me posted. Please take care my friend. Tashia
 
Toni,
How are you doing after your endoscopy?
Let us know how you are doing when you are up to posting.:friends: :flwrysmile:
 
Dear Toni,
I do hope you are feeling better :) post when you feel up to it.
Thoughts & best wishes heading your way :console2:
Thinking of you always,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Two New Knees and Hot to Trot
Just a little note to let you know you're in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sending all the healing vibes I can muster up your way.

Take care and post when you feel up to it. We care. [Bonesmart.org] Two New Knees and Hot to Trot
 
I talked to Toni and she is having good day and bad days. Eating some food now and the stomach is better. Knee is not. September can't come soon enough. Tashia
 
Hello all my dear friends!!! I finally feel good enough to post again! My tummy issues are getting a touch better. I saw the gastro dr and had an endoscopy. He took some biopsies and I go back to see him for results on Sept 13. He did find some erosions in my stomach lining and a few other things. The biopsies will see if I have H-pylori bacteria and also anything else. I still have to be careful with what I eat.

My knee has not gotten better."I just can feel scar tissue built up at the top of the knee right by the quad. I go in on Sept 16 to have it removed!! The scarring or whatever it is, is making it difficult to keep the knee locked straight..the scarring grabs and then releases and makes the knee pop forward. I can feel the resistance.it is also very uncomfortable as the knee can't move freely.

I'm praying that the surgery will take care of the problem.

I am catching up on the threads for all of you!! Thank you all for being just the best friends ever.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom