Trying to not chicken out this time, any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mamarey, your kids are all technically adults (although I imagine you might not agree!!) so no reason why they can't help you. While you're waiting, maybe you could hold some family meetings and start asking them to each take on some responsibilities to unburden you? You have to be in pain or you wouldn't be doing this-- maybe if they can start helping you a little now, it won't feel like such an overwhelming change for them when you're recovering. My husband retired last summer and took on some household chores. It made things a lot easier that he was accustomed to grocery shopping, cleaning the house, making the bed, etc.
 
Hello Octopus, Yes :yes!: another fixed octopus! I'm always so glad to about another good surgery. Keep getting better.
 
Thank you very much for writing that post. That made me feel very good.

After seeing my sister, who is going to be 70 this year, bounce back so quickly, I didn't think about it.
I wish I seen someone up close go through it but only if they really needed it.

I can only go by my experience, and I have to say it was awesome.
Reading you say this is awesome when it has been my "monster" for 8 + years is good to hear. Very good.

I can honestly say I haven't had any pain more than 2 since being home.
I can't wait for that because this is not good. I can't place a number but it varies.

I've taken care of my house and pets by myself since Day 5 at home
That is not what I thought of being possible when I watched that video that scared me to death.

Pain can run your life..don't allow it to. Think of all the things you miss doing and each day after surgery is a day closer to having your life back!!
That is so true. Everything is almost impossible for me to do. Simple chores are like climbing mountains.
 
sissy46, I'm hoping this is me & even if it takes triple the time I'll be happy. Thanks for that tidbit of encourgement.
 
Joeski, you're quiet. How are you today?
I have been quiet, I have a cold that just won't go away & it's making me extra tired. Also I got bad news today My OS is now going to be out of town the week of my original date and he moved it to March 27th. I'm jokingly thinking he's paying me back for the bunch of times I postponed on him. I do get to see him tomorrow though for the pre-op stuff. He will be amazed at my attitude adjustment.
 
I'm amazed at your attitude adjustment! You have moved on amazingly since your first post. Well done you!
 
Joeski, I'm sorry about your postponement, but it will give you time to be completely over your bad cold, so that's a good thing.
I agree with Josephine, your attitude adjustment has been amazing and wonderful. You will almost certainly still have some moments of getting cold feet, but now you know where to come when that happens.
 
Hi Joe, Most of us on here know about the lack of sleep. I don't think I had a full nights sleep for months before my op. I have a memory foam mattress that is good in one way for comfort but does not give good purchase when you try and move up the bed or turn over.I found a pillow under my legs helped a little to get comfortable.
Barbara
 
I'm amazed at your attitude adjustment! You have moved on amazingly since your first post. Well done you!
Josephine, hello. I'm amazed to. I can't even really believe it myself. I actually had thoughts of can this be me as I was quickly changing over from the giant chicken to a I want to be a fixed human. The links you sent me in that one post along with the list of activities & abilities that bottomshollow posted showing me what all I'm unable to do was like a lightening bolt of inspiration to get fixed. The blues I have from the nearly constant pain and lack of sleep that helped me to avoid the operation was smashed by all the recovery posts I read & reread.

The video I watched started with the OS in an air tight space suit and a leg. No mention of the systematic {taking a flight or train ride way to look at it}. Then the video ends with the leg open and it goes to the OS's talking about what happened some more than on to the next topic. I only ever considered that. The person in the video was never interviewed to say I feel great. BoneSmart is fantastic!
 
Joeski, I'm sorry about your postponement, but it will give you time to be completely over your bad cold, so that's a good thing.
I agree with Josephine, your attitude adjustment has been amazing and wonderful. You will almost certainly still have some moments of getting cold feet, but now you know where to come when that happens.
Thanks sissy46, This cold has been so annoying. When I first got the call about the date change it felt as if I did it and then I was getting cold feet on and off for a while but I realized it wasn't me. The OS had to be out of town. It actually was a let down to wait the extra week which is not the Joe of the past. That Joe would have been so thankful.
 
Another milestone, the pre-op visit! Inquiring minds will want to know how it went:SUNsmile:
 
I don't know anybody who have not had fear with this. However now I am pain free. In fact most of the time I forget that I have a different hip that I was not born with. It will be 2 years old this September, so glad I also had my knees done. Tomorrow my right knee will be three years old. Wow time flies when you are having fun. Please do it so you can get out of pain,. That alone is enough to have it done, Keep us posted on how you are doing. Take care. Tashia
 
Hi, I'm at 2 weeks post surgery from a LTHR and recovering nicely. I'm so familiar with your fears regarding everything from the anesthesia to the catheter. We probably all think of these things. I even told my friends and family how much I love them 'just in case'! What I found to help me was staying busy and not thinking about it AT ALL. I worked right up till the day before the surgery. Keep busy and stay positive, my goal is to get on the motorcycle with my husband again which I haven't done for almost 3 years. So pick a goal and only think about that. The rest you will get thru 1 day at a time.
 
Hi Joe, Most of us on here know about the lack of sleep. I don't think I had a full nights sleep for months before my op. I have a memory foam mattress that is good in one way for comfort but does not give good purchase when you try and move up the bed or turn over.I found a pillow under my legs helped a little to get comfortable.
Barbara
Hi Elosarabrab, Did the lack of make everything seem so much harder to do? I do love my one pillow for between the legs. thanks.
 
Another milestone, the pre-op visit! Inquiring minds will want to know how it went:SUNsmile:
Hello sissy46, Well the first thing I told the PA then the OS is that I'm over my phobia. That BoneSmart was like a bolt of lightening to my paranoia. We talked about the approach, the brand, the material, the dreaded catheter, and that now I can't wait to do it. When I said that he told me he just got an opening for Monday March 11th if I was ready. Well that is a little to soon because I was doing everything to be ready for the 20th of March & not all would be OK for the 11th. Pay the bills, clean a whole lot of stuff. Get my income tax stuff all together for filing.

I still have to go & get my blood work & EKG on Monday along with seeing my family doctor.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom