Trying to not chicken out this time, any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] Trying to not chicken out this time, any help?
[Bonesmart.org] Trying to not chicken out this time, any help?
joeski, and the wonderful world of recovery!!!
It's done and you did it!!!! Now the real fun begins---getting better and better and getting back to all the things you haven't been able to do. I am so excited for you. Take it easy and follow the mantra.

Take care and post when you feel able. We care. [Bonesmart.org] Trying to not chicken out this time, any help?
 
[Bonesmart.org] Trying to not chicken out this time, any help?
[Bonesmart.org] Trying to not chicken out this time, any help?
joeski, and the wonderful world of recovery!!!
It's done and you did it!!!! Now the real fun begins---getting better and better and getting back to all the things you haven't been able to do. I am so excited for you. Take it easy and follow the mantra.

Take care and post when you feel able. We care. [Bonesmart.org] Trying to not chicken out this time, any help?
bottomshollow I love that rabbit. And the one at the computer too. You right I got to find that mantra again.
 
We all knew you'd do great! Congratulations----that is a fantastic post-op report. I laughed when you wrote you tried to squirm out of it by being two minutes late:rotfl:


Do you have patient controlled analgesia, where you push a button for a little IV morphine? If so, push it early and often whether you think you need it or not.

Joeski, I am so happy for you! Isn't that just the best darn feeling in the world to know it is over, and now your new life begins!
 
We all knew you'd do great! Congratulations----that is a fantastic post-op report. I laughed when you wrote you tried to squirm out of it by being two minutes late:rotfl:I begged them sort of to teach me a lesson in following appointment times. That was my last chance.


Do you have patient controlled analgesia, where you push a button for a little IV morphine? If so, push it early and often whether you think you need it or not. For some reason this hospital does not do that for hip replacements but they do with with the knee replacements. I am shocked at how little pain I do feel with the stuff they put in my IV line. I wrote this in my pain relieved state a little while ago to a friend of mine.

Hi Rose, Thank you very much for the good thoughts! I had to have felt the power of them from everyone {BoneSmart} putting them out because this was way more enjoyable then I thought it ever would be. Now I'm not saying I want to do the other one anytime soon {and luckily I don't need to} but thank goodness it wasn't the night terror I thought it was going to be. I'm actually comfortable! I thought I would feel as if 3 giant football players would beat the **** out of me for 2 & 1/2 hours then that son of mine would scrape up what was left to throw out side for the vultures & buzzards to finish me off. And that's the truth.

Joeski, I am so happy for you! Isn't that just the best darn feeling in the world to know it is over, and now your new life begins!
It is a great darn feeling & I think I am definitely going to be able to live again. :yahoo: & :yes!:
 
Joeski, you are such an inspiration to everyone who is afraid to have major surgery-- I'm so happy for you and you must be so proud of yourself. I was terrified of being in pain, too, and while I had the PCA pump I watched the clock and pushed every 6 minutes whether I needed to or not. I hope you had a good night's sleep. I look forward to seeing your recovery thread. Welcome to the good side!
 
Congrats Joeski!!! You are an inspiration for ME, the other terrified one!!! I'm not so scared now, I just want my date and to get 'er done!!!!! Prayers headed your way for a quick and comfy recovery!
 
Joeski,

So glad to hear everything went well for you! I too kinda chuckled when I read about your 2 minute late remark (smarty pants!). Look forward to your reading your recovery thread!

Yay for Joe!!!:happydance:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Trying to not chicken out this time, any help?
Joe, you need to go to the Hip Replacement Recovery Area and start a new thread to keep all your recovery posts and responses in; and you can edit your signature once more. Use a title that will fit your whole recovery. Once you get it started, I will move your first post op post and all the replies to that thread for you. I'll be looking for your new thread in the recovery area.
 
Joeski YAY YOU DID IT!!!! With your characteristic sense of humor all the way. Drugged up or no, you are making perfect sense! I hope today is just as good :) :) :) :) You ARE an inspiration, and you definitely should be the BoneSmart poster child!!!! They should make you an honorary advisor-for-the-fainthearted!!!!
 
toh...welcome to the other side...you are such an inspiration to those of us on the waiting side...please continue to say how much better you are
 
FYI, Joeski has a thread on the "other side" now entitled "Well, the chicken crossed the road & is an eagle hatchling"
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom