Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

@referee54 Thanks for doing that ride. Maybe at some point I'll try to ride a bike again. It's been years. I'm just worry that my development isn't paved.

I read through all my medical records tonight from old OS. What a mess! There is a contradiction on almost every page. He says something at the beginning of the page and then the opposite later on the same page! If I took my yellow highlighter on the 45 pages I have it would probably wear out! :gaah: When I went back complaining of increasing pain and loss of range of motion he says I had no complaints. He writes in my visits ROM measurements but he never took any. I work in a dialysis unit and he says I'll go to work after dialysis. The operative report pretty much said he cut/released everything that he could possibly do. I loved his very scientific terminology that says at the end of surgery my ROM was adequate. I would never get away with charting anything as being adequate. Numbers are always needed. Think of all our wonderful PTs who pushed on knees to get an 'adequate' ROM. :bignono: The last visit I had with him says my patellar is tracking correctly ( not so) but he feels crepitus. Crepitus in a new knee? :tantrum2: And of course my favorite I listed before was the comparison of two MRIs done a few years apart stating only moderate changes. They were of two different knees.:tantrum: I'll bring the operative report with me on Wednesday when I go to my new OS. I know everything else is worthless but I'll see what the new doctor thinks of the report.

I go from total anger to fear things could get worse to feeling that it really couldn't be much worse than it is now. I'd like to at least sit and not feel pain or be able to fall asleep in my bed. Hopefully soon this will all be behind me. Sorry I whine so much. There's just me. I try not to say much to my daughters because they get so upset. It doesn't help any of them to feel so worried about me. I always bounce back. :hugzz:
 
I go from total anger to fear things could get worse to feeling that it really couldn't be much worse than it is now. I'd like to at least sit and not feel pain or be able to fall asleep in my bed.
All you're feeling is completely normal. Go ahead and whine if you need to - you probably can't do it anywhere else and we're all pulling for you.

I hope you get a surgery date soon and I truly believe that things will be better for you after the revision.
 
It sounds like it can't be much worse. You're having trouble getting into your step in shower. That was a hit hard for me after being allowed to bend after the infection(I too have a 4 in step in shower), however it got better everyday. Sounds like you are getting worse everyday. It's hard to out your trust into another physician when you've been burned by one.
 
Hi Marian, your new OS sounds like he's very understanding and honest. The 24th will be here soon, although not soon enough !!! Hoping your revision can be done soon, and that you will be eligible for disability payments. We are all praying that things start improving for you. Glad to hear that your daughter is in good spirits. She must be a strong woman like her mother. I will be seeing my OS on March 9th for my 3 month check up. Hoping I can stop ot at that time, I think I'm ready to do what's needed myself at home soon as far as exercise goes. Hang in there, better times are coming.
 
Marian, you have been through a LOT. It is terribly disappointing when the person we put our trust in fails us. I pray your new OS will have an opening quickly and you can finally have some relief. At least the pain after the revision will come with the knowledge that it will get better! You are in my prayers.
 
I went to dinner with my oldest daughter, her husband and my sister. We met at a central location. It was in an old Grist mill from the 1700s. Dinner was great. We spent over two hours there just talking and enjoying the piano player. I'm very happy to see that my daughter is in such great spirits despite her recent MS diagnosis. We have plans to get together in a month for her 31st birthday. She has found another place that she would like to try. I think my other daughters and another son-in-law can make it for that one. I got pretty stiff and had a hard time walking down a sloped walkway back to my car but it was well worth it. It really has lifted my spirits. I'll be working on my list of questions for my OS tomorrow so I'll be prepared for my visit Wednesday.
 
So heart warming to read your daughter is doing so well. She must of learned to keep a positive from you.
The outing surely must of lifted your spirits too!!
 
Glad you had a good evening and that your daughter is in good spirits. :SUNsmile:
 
Tomorrow I finally go to OS. I'm worried and happy at the same time. I will post once I talk to him and I hopefully have a surgery date. Of course I still have the fear that things can only get worse but I can't keep things the way the are. I've got to give it a try.
 
Marian, good luck tomorrow! I know you have your list of questions! I leave room to write the doctor's responses if I am there alone. Is anyone going with you to be a second set of ears?
 
I'm praying you don't have to wait long for a surgery date. Sooner the better!
 
Best of luck tomorrow! Be sure to take your notebook with your questions and also, write down those answers!! Looking forward to your next post, hopefully with great news!
 
Just got back from OS visit. I almost chickened out but I went ahead and scheduled surgery. The date is March 21 which is my oldest daughter's birthday. He had a few dates earlier but this is good for work and my kids too. I feel :yay::happydance: and :yikes::shocked: at he same time. I made him promise me that he would listen to me if I have any problems at all. The one concern I have is that he is not sure what will happen with my kneecap. He said if it was done correctly( I have a button) then he can use it as it is otherwise he can't. @Josephine are there any problems associated with having it not be there? He feels confident that I will do very well after the revision. I spoke to him and also one of his PAs. They answered all my questions. I liked that he was surprised that I am 61 years old. He said he would never had guessed that.:) Pre op testing is on the 4th which is already next week!

:sos: So now I have some questions for all of my friends here. I will need an ice machine for my knee. The Velcro wrap thing I had doesn't work very well and one pack has started leaking. I need one that can ice both the front and back of the knee. It also has to be something I can handle myself and will go a long time before needing more ice. I am also going to be needing an adjustable shower seat for my walkin shower that won't scratch the floor. I'm not sure what kind of store to look in. I'll sure I'll have more questions too.
 
The one concern I have is that he is not sure what will happen with my kneecap. He said if it was done correctly( I have a button) then he can use it as it is otherwise he can't. @Josephine are there any problems associated with having it not be there?
Sorry, with so many members, it's impossible for me to remember the derail of everyone's case. Can you refresh my memory about your knee cap? The mind is blank!

As for the ice machine, have a look in here Ice to control pain and swelling
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom