Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

So the question is is there some way a person can cause adhesions to form? If I truly had adhesions does it make me more prone to have them again?
The answer to both questions is no. You may have had a little stickiness in there when she pushed on it but that's not the same as adhesions. To break them, you need a general anaesthetic as it's painful !
 
:wave:Hi Marian! Great news that you have a date with a great guy! :wink: Seriously, your revision is going to go well, I have faith! You are a pro at this as is your new OS! Take a deep breath and let him do his job and let your sweet daughters take care of you. Your job is to recover beautifully and without incident!
 
My knee is not happy today. I worked a 10.5 hour shift yesterday. It was my first day taking care of a full load of 16 patients. I am going away for another class this week for work. This will be my final training for my job. I work a 10 hour shift Monday and then I will leave from there to drive to my hotel for a three day class. I have lots of things to do around my house including laundry and packing but my knee isn't cooperating yet. Hopefully we can come to an agreement soon! :tiredwheel:
 
Marian, at least at your class you won't be on your feet all day. I am sorry you are having trouble. Have a safe trip!
 
I agree with Janis, at least you won't be on your feet all day during classes. Pack a little and sit for a while to make your knee happy.
 
It's been a really long day and both my knee and lower leg are twice the size as normal. I worked 10 hours, then drove for two hours and then went out to dinner with two of my daughters. My leg wasn't elevated for 17 hours! I'm going to pile up some pillows in my hotel room for my leg and hopefully get some sleep. I hope all of you are doing well. Three weeks until surgery.:shocked:
 
Would that be on an extra person or chair?:loll:
I've used the extra person! :rotfl:

Hang in there Marian. I know you would not trade dinner with both your daughters for the world and relief is not far out. Count it down! I'm more tactile so I often use physical objects to do countdowns, beans in 2 jars are a favorite.

Were you able to get a suitable (for you) pain management system for pre and post op from the new OS? What did he think of the old records?
 
I'm almost 3 months now from BTKR and recovery can be frustrating. I kept thinking WHY is my extension only 3 degrees? WHY is my flexion only 114 degrees? WHY are my knees still stiff and tight?? Then one day at therapy a lady 20 years younger than me was on the bike. Only one knee done. She could only rock the petals back and forth... Could not even make a rotation. So I asked her... How long has it been since your surgery fully expecting to hear 3 or 4 weeks. She was at 9 weeks. Her flexion less than 90 degrees. I suddenly felt much better about MY recovery! I'm walking with no help. Longest day was 1.5 miles yesterday on my first day back to work. With my insurance skipping PT or not listening to anything reasonable was not an option. I read in the fine print doing so could jeopardize payments... So after a "hard" therapy day I'd take a day and let my knees rest. Only walk and do things like heal slides and quad sets. Go EASY. It really seemed to help me!
 
I couldn't find an extra to put my leg up during class!:heehee: The class was full and we were sitting at tables so no extra chairs either. Good news is that even though I was up from 430am and was having a hard time falling asleep around 1130pm I fell asleep in a real bed. That might not seem like anything exciting for anyone else but it was the first time I slept a whole night in a bed since I had surgery in July.

@MartialKnees My current ROM has shrunk from 5 to 120 to 5 and 95 at almost 8 months and getting worse each day. You're doing just fine. There are stops and turns on everyone's recovery. Think about all the things you can do with the knee and how you are able to do more every day. Don't dwell on the numbers and you will feel much happier.
 
@hawk2go I did speak to new OS about some of the 'oddities' entered in my medical record and he reacted like he had heard this type of stuff before. I'm not sure if it's because about what he has seen in patients coming to him from my old OS. He just shook his head. We discussed pain management post op and he told me we will work together to find a good combination for me and anti nausea meds too. He told me he would always listen to what I say and he will never discount me. I believe him.
 
So glad you've found someone who will listen and work with you. Im sure you enjoyed having dinner with your daughters. Hope you are having a fairly good day, you've been through a lot ! My husband & I have a photography business.Need to work tomorrow night doing pictures for a basketball league. I'm Iceing & elevating as much as possible before so I can get through it. Looking forward to the day when everything isn't such s project. Here's wishing you a good night's sleep.
 
YES! Sleep in a bed. I know that has been like a jewel at the top of a mountain for you.
 
I'm sorry your progress has regressed... and also that I wasn't clear with my example. My overall point is I was focused on those things and not on the fact at least so far..... that I'm blessed with my progress. I hope you enjoyed your wine and get a great night sleep. :)
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom