Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

@Josephine I'm having a revision because of badly tracking knee cap. OS wasn't sure if previous OS has 'taken care of knee cap correctly' so it still can be used.
 
Hi Marian, Glad to hear you have a date for surgery. The cryo-cuff I've machine I borrowed is a little bit of work to use , not sure it would be best choice for you.There are different types, hope you can find one that will work for you. I also have a button on each of my knee replacements, never thought to ask what they're made of. Other than plastic I wonder what they use ? Hoping your not in too much pain till your new surgery is done.
 
Marian, I am so glad you feel comfortable with your new OS. Liking the PA is important, since you will probably have contact with them also. My shower stool has the rubber feet on it. I haven't seen one without the rubber feet - they are crucial to it not slipping. Wal Mart, CVS, Wal Greens, all have them.
 
Wow! That's great! Just about a month which will give you time to prepare everything and possibly well on your way to recovery by the time summer gets here. :SUNsmile:
 
@karol723 I too thought all buttons were plastic so I guess we will find out the truth. I mentioned to my girls I wanted an ice wrap and they have already ordered one for me. Of course they buy the most expensive ones they can find. It supposedly lasts for 8 hours.

@Timetolive The shower chair is one of the things I wished I had last time. My middle daughter says her mother in law has one I can borrow. She'll check it out for me.

There is one thing that the OS said that is bothering me a bit. When I was talking to him about recovery time I asked when I could go back to work in his opinion. I did tell him I'm a nurse and on my feet up to 10 hours at a time. He told me 6 to 8 weeks and at the three week checkup we would discuss it further. I don't think that it is reasonable even if just for the exhaustion piece. We all have dealt with that. We talked about pain meds and PT and have no problems with those topics. I told him of my problems post op last time and he said it will be completely different this time. Should I worry? I know my boss would let me work shorter hours but more days as long as I do thirty a week.
 
Marian, you deserve praise for your bravery! Scheduling another surgery must be very frightening. It sounds like your surgeon is telling you what he tells all his patients, but also trying to reassure you, as you had such a bad experience the first time. You have experience this time, and hopefully will be able to trust what you feel and not be as concerned about what others say. Congratulations on going to your appointment prepared, and on setting the date. This time will be the charm!
 
This is great news! It sounds like you have an OS you can trust...and setting the date for the near future is fantastic. You have just enough time to get things ready, but not so much time that you will spend worrying. I am thrilled at this news! :yes!:
 
What wonderful news! I just know this time you have a surgeon that will know what he's doing and will treat you right. You deserve it!
 
I'm still awake and it's after 2 am. Fortunately I don't have work in the morning. I took 100 mg tramadol and a naproxen as suggested and I'm wide awake. I'm achy and sore. Hopefully I'll fall asleep soon.
 
Marian, I am so happy to hear that you have finally gotten to this point! You have a date. You have a surgeon who sounds like a good guy who will take care of you. The next phase is starting and it will be so much better than last time. Hugs to you!!
 
@ Marian, glad to hear your girls are taking such good care of you. Sounds like you are all prepared for dealing with your next surgery. Hope you are able to get some sleep.
 
Good news for you Marian! My doctor said 6 weeks to return to work but at the 6 week checkup asked me if I thought I was ready. I hope your doc lets you make the call based on your progress at the time vs. wishful thinking.
 
@hawk2go He promised he would listen to what I tell him post op and I believe him. I'll just take it as it comes. I'm looking forward to hopefully get to a point when my knee no longer hurts.

Of course today I woke up thinking I don't need surgery but then I took a few steps. Yup it still needs to be done!:rolleyes: I am really glad I'm not waiting too long. When he wanted to do it the week before I put it off so my youngest can be with me. She said she would worry too much if she wasn't there.
 
I'm glad you plans around your daughter's schedule, it'll be better for both of you. She can be advocate for you and you can rest better knowing she's there.
 
I had the cryocuff but it didn't ice the back of my knee so I added a gel pack behind my knee and then wrapped my knee in the cryocuff. I lived in the cryocuff for 6 weeks. Glad your OS is confident the revision will go well. I like that!
 
I do have some extra ice packs to use behind my knee so I'm ready for that. Time for another question. I was told at one point I had adhesions and the PT pushed my leg (I know, don't let them) but it did actually get me more ROM immediately. So the question is is there some way a person can cause adhesions to form? If I truly had adhesions does it make me more prone to have them again? @Josephine can you answer this for me? Thanks as always all my friends.
 
Marian I am so glad that your daughter will be there with you....not that your pups couldn't take care of everything:)
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom