Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

I'm at work now. I'm still fighting that cold (or whatever it is). Batman (my new knee) and Robin his right 'knee' man spent their 5 month anniversary yesterday. I'm still very surprised that I have pain in both the soft tissues and the knee itself. I thought getting a new knee would eliminate the pain. It is very frustrating especially because Robin has been acting up too. I'm hoping to see my regular doctor soon to get something for pain at least at night and maybe an antibiotic if what I have doesn't seem viral to him. Have a good day everyone!
 
Marian, we have an advert for Mainland cheese here in New Zealand. The ads often show two old men who have worked at the cheese making facility for ages. The theme of the ads is that patience is required in order to make good cheese, because "Good things take time." Knees, like cheese, take time.
Here is a selection of some of the ads:


Like good cheese, recovering from a TKR takes time - but it's worth it!
 
Just checking in to see how you are doing? Wasn't your daughter seeing the specialist today? Hope everything goes well.
 
@Celle Thanks for the chuckle.

The 'Joker' aka my cold has decided to wage war. I went to a walkin clinic tonight and got something for my cough and also an antibiotic. One of the other nurses who we all blame for making us sick said she was better after taking one so I saw a PA and will try the same one.

@Glamg1979 My daughter did go see a neurologist today who told her he didn't think that she has MS. I'm glad that he thinks s. She is going to have a MRI to see what is the reason for her symptoms and has a return visit to see him the first week of January. It could be a pinched nerve or a disc problem. He also told her it could be a tumor so that's all she head this time. He also told her NOT to go back to the chiropractor who told her she had MS. I'm very happy about that.
 
I'm glad you daughter was reassured. I hope that now she isn't going to tell you that the neurologist said she has a tumour! :heehee:
Differential diagnoses and she fixed on the worst one.
 
@Celle i had a conversation with her about pessimism and realism today. I don't know if it got through to her. In medicine we were always told to think horses and not zebras. I guess she likes stripes!
 
I'm sure that news did put you at ease! Chances are extremely slim that it would turn out to be a tumor. I totally agree with the 'don't go back to the chiropractor'
My daughter went through something similar and her GP told her she had a small mass on her brain, turned out to be nothing to worry about. I am hoping that will be the case with your daughter. Please keep us posted!
((Gentle hugs))
Gerri
 
Glad you are taking care of the "cold" and the neurologist helped somewhat..did he really have to say tumor??? That is like one extreme to another. My prayers are there for a normal MRI.
 
Marian, I think when you're worried, it's natural for your mind to fixate on the "worst case scenario." I sincerely hope that your daughter's worry turns out to have been caused by an easily fixable thing.
 
Thanks everyone for your positive thoughts. If course now the Joker aka cold thing I'd causing me to cough so I can't sleep even in my recliner!
 
I'm glad to hear it's not ms. I am another who always got to the worst possible scenario. That is except for my knee! Even when the fluid was streaming down my knee I kept saying, "it'll stop in a few minutes" and I was convinced the dr would just give me some antibiotics once I got to the Drs. office.
I am now suffering from the cold/flu. I sound like a very sick frog when talking.
 
I sure hope the cold I had in late October was it for the season. The virus itself was fairly mild but the cough lingered for weeks.
 
@KarriB My voice sounds like that too. I hope you get over it soon.

My daughter read me the report from her initial X-rays so I could interpret them for her. She also sent a copy to a friend of hers who is a PA. I have NO idea how the chiropractor who saw her could come up with the MS scenario short of looking at someone else's report. What it showed was probable muscle spasm causing some of the cervical spine to look straight on the X-ray instead of having a curve to it. ( it said this in the report!). It also showed one area on her lumbar section to be slightly compressed from possibility some degenerative disc disease. She had the MRI done today but no results are available yet. Her friend told my daughter exactly the same thing I did so hopefully it got through to her.

I didn't get much sleep last night because I kept coughing even though I used my recliner. I got into work late so I could get some sleep. I spoke to my boss and he is wonderful about me missing time because of it. I was short time last week and it looks like I will be this week too. He told me it was not a problem at all. He is the best boss I ever have had in my entire life!! I'm grateful for my new job especially after loosing one earlier this year.
 
It's great that you can interpret the report for your daughter. I'm hoping she doesn't go to worse case scenario. Ugh, just feel like crud, but because we have no subs I'm going to school. What good are 130 sick days?
 
There seem to be a lot of nasty colds accompanied by a horrible cough going around at the moment.
I hope you both start to feel better soon.
 
Well Batman and Robin and the Joker ( aka my cold) got together and let me sleep 14 hours!!! I don't remember sleeping that long in many years. I only took my antibiotic and some cold medicine last night. I also took another 2 hour nap during the day today. I guess I needed it. I'm sitting here now and I'm feeling sleepy again. I have a salad for dinner to eat tonight with some extra cheese. I'll have to set a few alarms to make sure I get up for work tomorrow!
 
I'm fighting to stay awake a little longer so I sleep through the night. I guess I'm going to finally be able to really sleep again as I do before my surgery. Five months is a long time to wait but I'm happy!

When I went to the concert last Friday they used the wand to detect metal as you went in. I spoke up and told the gentleman I had an artificial knee. The wand did not detect it at all. He told me it didn't detect that. Is it because it's titanium or is it because they are using an old wand? I was so looking forward to set it off!( not)
 
Maybe they had the wand set to low sensitivity?
I know that both my TKRs always make the wand sound, although I've been through several arches that did not alarm.
Even more surprising/disturbing is that once I went through the X-Ray machine that's like a shower stall and it didn't reveal either of my TKRs, but it did show up something "metal" in my ankle, where I had no metal at all. At other times, as well as showing my knee replacements, the X-Ray has even shown all the little metal bits on my bra.

You just can't second-guess what the security screening will find.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom