Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

My youngest will be here until Saturday morning. My other two daughters and two sons-in-law will all be here for dinner on Christmas Eve and stay to exchange gifts on Christmas morning. My girls and I have been together every Christmas Eve and Christmas morning. Two daughters will stay for Christmas dinner too. It should be lots of fun. There will be 5 dogs here ranging in weight from 8 lbs to 80 lbs. This is the second Christmas without my mom. Dad is out of it and now lives over three hours away from me. I miss not having the giant family dinner. Life changes and things go on.

I went to my old OS today because I had to sign a release for my records. I didn't understand why they couldn't have just emailed me my records through the patient portal which is secure. They'll fax the records to the new OS. My MRI will cost me $10 for the disk of my old knee. I asked for a copy of my records and they told me an outside company does it and it's 50 cents a page. My OS actually owes me almost $300 of an overcharge I had to pay before my surgery. I'm definitely going to get that money back!!
 
I hope you can get some money back. Hospitals in my area call it a donation if you overpay or get overcharged.
 
@smarttoys Wow ..I don't know how they get away with that.

@newlybionic
Hi Marian,
To figure out exactly how much they owe you look at you EOB's from your insurance company. Patient Responsibility is all you should be paying. If you run into problems just call your insurance company, they also do 3-way calls with the doctor's billing office.
 
So sorry.. those pain meds have so many horrible side effects but can't imagine not being able to take them. I feel for you. I hope you will be able to return to work. I can see why you have no plans for your other one...I hope that works out for you.


left knee 9/21/15
right knee 11/30/15
 
I hope your days ahead get better and better. Thinking the worst is behind you. It's an emotional roller coaster fighting the pain and lack of independence. You have 3 dogs.. I'm sure they are a comfort. I can't wait to be able to walk mine again. Best of luck in the days ahead.

left knee 9/21/15
right knee 11/30/15
 
@PegGar16 I think you would be amazed at some of the unscrupulous billing that takes place in many hospitals. If you find an error and point it out they just say oops or try to justify it. I'm sure many people just pay the bill and assume everything is correct.
 
Worked another 10 hours today and Batman and Robin are definitely not very happy with me. I'm going to have a short day tomorrow. I'm going in around 730 and I'll leave around noon or so. I told my fellow workers I'll pick up some breakfast sandwiches on my way. They have to be in at 4 or 5 am.

As far as the money the OS owes me that came about because I was covered under two different policies but it took a while for one of them to show they were active. ( 5 months of fighting with that company!). So everyone had to re-file medical bills for me. I'm probably owed about 1,000 between doctors and the physical therapy copays I had to make. I definitely will get that money back. It will be a nice amount of money that maybe I could go away on a small vacation in 2016.

I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy holiday season. Thanks to everyone for all there help during my time on this forum. Your friendship and experience has been an immense help to me. :merry christmas::treestar::nativity::box::reindeerlights::santa hug:
 
What a long day! I hope you get some rest and enjoy the short work day tomorrow.

:candle::merry christmas::candle:
 
Wishing you a very :merry christmas:
Enjoy the time with your family.
 
I had a great time with my daughters and sons-in-law on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. My sister joined us early Christmas Day and we exchanged gifts in the morning. My children and my sister are so generous that my family room was filled with beautiful wrapped presents. It was just wonderful. Two daughters and my sister stayed and we had dinner together. Even my dogs were able to have a bit of Christmas dinner. I had 5 dogs here overnight ranging in weight from 6 to 80 pounds. It definitely made for a full house. My youngest stayed over last night and left to go see her father and will go home from there. My dogs and I are just sitting in my recliner. I think we are all tired out and we are enjoying the rest.

I am going to the new OS and I'm not sure exactly how to explain to him exactly what my problems are in the most meaningful way. I also want his opinion on my old knee. If anyone has switched doctors after a TKR and can give me some pointers I'd appreciate it. I was thinking of filling out one of those charts which indicate what I can do and the difficulty involved with it. If I do absolutely nothing all day my pain level is about a 3. With work and considering the stiffness and aching it gets up to about a 8 or 9 and Tylenol doesn't particularly seem to help. After driving home (about 40 minutes) I can just barely walk into the house. @Josephine what do you think I should have prepared to bring into the new OS visit? I am having my records transferred and an MRI of my old knee. Thanks to all for your answers.
 
I'm happy to hear you had such a great Christmas. Relaxing the day after is great too, although I got a new vacuum. Just guess what I've been doing...:what:
 
@KarriB Im glad you got a Christmas gift and are now 'playing' with it. My girls know me well and got me some really soft loungewear and gift cards to my favorite restaurants where I can get pick up for dinner! I also got a new microwave oven:happydance:
 
Hi Marian,
I am so happy your Christmas went well.

For your Doctor's appointment I would write up a list. Make one list with your history and one with your symptoms/concerns. If I don't..never fail..I forget something:)
 
@Celle Thanks for the form. I plan on printing it out and bringing it with me. I just want to not make a mistake with the choice of a new OS.
 
Marian, my best friend had a TKR two years before me had an MUA because she couldn't get beyond 70. A year later I encouraged her to go back because she was still in pain and limping. Her OS told her she was getting older (52) and would have to learn to live with the pain. A few months later she went to another OS who looked at x-rays and knew something was wrong, but not sure what. He referred her to the revision specialist, who just happened to be the doc who ended up doing my infection surgery ( I met him in post op). The revision specialist diagnosed her, but I tell this story because it may take seeing a few docs to find one that can help. Patience may be needed again. :unsure:
 
Thanks @KarriB .
I was given this groups name by someone I trust. That being said he went there for a wrist problem and there are a number of doctors in this group. I did some research on this doctor and he is the one that handles patients coming to them with problems after TKR done by a doctor outside of their group. He is board certified and does more replacements per week then my OS did and actually practices in a hospital for orthopedic cases only. I'm also planning to interview him for the job. Hopefully I'm much more prepared for this encounter with a surgeon.
 
Marian, I am glad you had a nice Christmas. I thought of you and how you would be missing your mother, as I did also. There will also be an empty place for our mothers. I do hope you get some answers from the new OS. You will be in my prayers as your daughter continues to be.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom