Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

Actually laughed out loud at Celle. The last time I went through the arch, they found my knee and "an anomaly in my groin area". Can I just say, I should have paid someone for the ensuing pat down.:wink:

When the elusive good night's sleep returned, it changed my life! I hope it stays around for you.
 
Well Batman and Robin and the Joker ( aka my cold) got together and let me sleep 14 hours!!!
WOW!!! That is not sleep---that is pretty close to hibernation! You needed it!

When I went to the concert last Friday they used the wand to detect metal as you went in. I spoke up and told the gentleman I had an artificial knee. The wand did not detect it at all. He told me it didn't detect that. Is it because it's titanium or is it because they are using an old wand? I was so looking forward to set it off!( not)
I have a pack of tickets to watch the Cleveland Indians play---my wife and I get them every year. I set off the metal detector every time I walk through it and then get wanded in both knees. They go off, too.
 
Batman and Robin are both pretty sore again tonight. It's been 5 months now and I thought I would be feeling better than before I had surgery but it hasn't happened yet. In fact that whole leg hurts. You name it its complaining. I'm not sure that PT is very helpful because all they're doing is having me do exercises on an already tired, sore and over worked knee. It's definitely time for a second opinion. I'm going to call a new OS office tomorrow for both Batman and Robin. The Joker has just about been vanquished! One more day to work and I'm odd the weekend.
 
Fortunately the Joker has packed up and moved on to cause mayhem in someone else's respiratory system!

I called another OS suggested to me by a trusted friend. I've called and have to get all my records. My appointment is on 12/31! What a way to celebrate the new year! I worked 11 hours today and then went to a small outdoor mall for that last elusive Christmas gift. By the time I drove the 40 minutes home I was just barely able to walk I'm so stiff and in pain. Batman and Robin are fighting to get top bill. The rest of both legs are just aching so much I almost went to find my cane to get around the house.

One good note is that I have finally been sleeping through the night consistently!:yes!:
It only took 5 months and a visit from the Joker.

I hope everyone can get a good nights sleep and have all their pain fade away quickly. :cheers:
 
I shopped a bit after school and used up all my energy. I wanted to come home and wrap or clean, but I'm not doing either.
I hope the new OS can give you some answers. Sleeping all night seems to be in the air!
 
Wow Marian,
11 hrs is a long day. I'm glad you are going to another OS. A second opinion couldn't hurt.
I am so jealous...I want to sleep all night!!
 
Hi Marion! You are such a strong woman! So glad you are finally getting some good sleep. Oddly and fortunately sleep was never a problem for me. I have been much more active and loving it, but not the sore muscles and swelling in the evening.
Good for you seeing another OS, I hope he/she has some answers for you.
I go back to my OS on Wednesday for 8 week check up and first post op x-rays.
Hope you are having a restful weekend.
 
I had another night of good sleep again.:sleep: Eight hours of uninterrupted sleep. I still am sleeping in my recliner at night which goes almost flat. I've tried my bed for comfort but I can't find a comfortable position at all. I must have about 6 different pillows of all shapes and sizes but I just can't seem to find the right combination. I can't complain my recliner is very comfortable. I went 5 months without a good quality of sleep so there is hope for everyone.

Batman and Robin continue to complain during the day. There have been times when I've had a hard time standing up from my chair or even use the ladies room. It seems like I continue to lose ground and I'm actually now worse off than I was before surgery. My entire leg now aches and I get sharp pains in my TKR even when just sitting still. It is very frustrating. I'm lucky though at least I'm healthy otherwise. I hope everyone facing additional health problems start to feel better soon so they can have a Merry Christmas and especially a healthy and great New Year.
 
Hi Marian! Just checking in on you.... So sorry to hear that you are in so much pain. Keep us posted on the second opinion. I hope they are very thorough and find something simple that will help you. I understand your frustration and hope that it will soon turn into relief. Hugs! :friends:
 
Well it's almost 11 pm. I got home from work after 9 pm tonight and I'm due back at 8 am. My youngest daughter came home today until the day after Christmas. She went grocery shopping and made me dinner tonight. She even put some ice on my knees, packed some leftovers for my lunch tomorrow and cleaned up the kitchen. I feel very spoiled by her. It is nice to have her here for a few days. I sent an email to my OS office for my records and I got no response so I guess I'm going to have to make a call or I'll walk over after work to get them. Maybe they'll notice that I can barely walk at the end of the day?!?

:santawave::merry christmas::treestar:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Marion! How wonderful to have your daughter with you for the holiday. Enjoy the pampering and care, you definitely deserve it.
Hope you get some time off for Christmas!
Can't wait to hear what new OS has to say.
 
It's good that you're getting a second opinion on your TKR. I hope you get answers. At 5 months post op LTKR I was certain something was wrong, but everything turned out okay. My lefty remained stiff, swollen and uncomfortable through the 7th month, then gradually improved. I worried about infection and/or metal allergy, but apparently I was just having a beastly slow recovery. Working long hours didn't help. These days my lefty feels pretty much like a healthy knee, with rare discomfort. I've heard it can take up to two years for all of the lingering aches and pains to dissipate [SIGH]. I hope your recovery progresses much faster than mine, and if a problem is identified I hope your new OS is the right man for the job!
 
Hi there. So glad your daughter is pampering you. Thank her from us! I too still have issues as we march toward the 6-month mark. In fact I have a call into my OS office to chat about it. So nice to read comments from @Clipless Very helpful and encouraging. Hang in there. We will get there one way or the other.
 
My son came to visit me this weekend. He and my grandson met me at my office for lunch. My son spent a few respectable hours with me then left my grandson (much to my delight) for an overnighter. My son ended up taking some of the frozen meals I'd prepared for myself! All that to say, the pampering was on the wrong side of the coin :). Luckily I was up to the task and was able to make some new meals to freeze for those days when I just don't feel like cooking a thing.

Marian, I hope you get the relief you need.
 
Hi Marian.
That is wonderful that your daughter is home with you for Christmas! I hope there is not a problem getting your records if they are back to ignoring your emails. It is probably a short holiday week and they will take care of it next week. Have a great time with your daughter!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Best Wishes, Marion. Hope you get some good news from the new OS and still manage to have a good holiday.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom