Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

Seems like my cold is definitely on its way out!:fingersx:
I went to a new PT facility today after working for 8.5 hours on my feet. I was a real sight. Scrub top, shorts and a winter jacket ( it was getting cold here after dark).
There were a couple of things I didn't quite understand. Maybe someone else has an idea or @Josephine if you can give me any insight I would appreciate it. My incision is pale from the middle of the knee down but there was some warmth in that area. The therapist told me it was inflammation and asked if I was taking a NSAID which I can't because of GI problems. The incision from mid knee up is purplish in color you can feel an indentation along it up into my quadricep muscle. I was told it showed my muscle did not fully recover yet. I do have weakness in there.
I have pain in my knee when flexing it. The therapist said I had some adhesions from the couple of scopes I had on the knee because they are close to the small incisions used then.
He then asked if I wanted ice or heat on my knee. I asked for ice and he also applied TENS unit. Also have tendinitis in my lower leg so he applied heat there.

So now I'm sitting with my ice pack on my knee and it is fairly painful. I can take more Tylenol soon. I still need to do laundry and clean up my kitchen, take the dogs and garbage out and do my laundry ( I need m scrubs washed). I'm due back into work at 6am so I have to get up around 430. I'm totally exhausted. O well 10 months and some days until I can take early retirement!!:wink:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm beginning to count down to retirement also. But I think I need to go through next year. Only do what you need to, dishes and kitchen will be there tomorrow.
 
I went to work at 6 am. I only lasted until 830 and I went home. Coughing like crazy and was very dizzy and diaphoretic. I tried to eat something and then I couldn't stay awake. I'm not sure what's going on. I slept for 5 hours and I'm trying to get ready for dinner and concert tonight. :swoon:
 
Sounds like you need some days off sick! Trying to work long hours is not helping your knee and going to PT after a long shift is jut adding more strain to it. Honestly, the activity your knee gets at work is more than enough exercise for it.

I wouldn't worry about changes in scar colour, or warmth. It's still very early days and you know that healing won't be complete until about a year after your surgery. The whole scar will fade gradually over time.
 
@Celle I went back to PT hoping for some help with continued pain in knee, muscles and tendons. I wasn't able to get a massage from a chiropractor because of my insurance so I was hoping therapist could help.
 
"I was told it showed my muscle did not fully recover yet."

I sometimes think these people make these things up as they go along! What nonsense!
 
Where does your knee hurt when you flex it? Mine hurts too sometimes and my pt said it could be scar tissue. It is all a mystery to me as well, especially when the pain starts moving around!
 
@Wanttobebiking It usually happens somewhere between 45 to 90 degrees that I will get a sharp pain and once I get pass there I am ok. It doesn't matter if I'm bending or straightening my knee. Occasionally it seems like it's gone and then it's back again. It is frustrating when I had hoped I would no longer have pain after surgery.

I went to see Trans Siberian Orchestra's Christmas show in a local arena. It was great!! It's a true spectacle with lasers, fire and fireworks. It's a rock concert with a fully developed Christmas production. I would suggest it to anyone looking for a good show. It lasted over two hours. I wasn't able to move either of my knees and when it was over it took me a little bit to stand up. Both knees were stiff and sore and I caught myself thinking that I really wasn't much better off having had the surgery at all. Maybe at some point I will. I think I'm going to name my knees Batman ( the new one) and Robin ( his right hand knee?). :heehee:
 
Sometimes I think I should name my newest knee the Joker! Cool that you saw the concert! Hope you are feeling better. Lots of folks around here are sick with something or other right now. I am steering clear! Sorry you got caught by whatever bug you had.
 
Happy to hear you enjoyed the concert. Sitting for long periods without flexing is hard on new knees and old knees, that's for sure. When I stand after any length of time sitting my left knee aches in the back until I take a few steps. New knee is ok, but I have to go slow because of the left knee pain.
 
That concert is the best! My husband loves Trans Siberian Orchestra and we went a few years ago.
I hope PT can help with comfort measures, you definitely are overdue for it!
I am about 6.5 weeks out and my recovery was rapid in the beginning but now feel like I have stalled. Knee actually feels stiff and very tight. Actually think my flexion is worse.
Have had a horrible week personally but that's what life is all about. This too shall pass.
 
@Glamg1979 There are times when I felt I was going backward but I did start moving forward again. I have lost some flexion but I'm working at getting it back with some stretching and using ice and elevating especially after work.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom