THR Toddlermom - one down!!

@Toddlermom - just getting caught up with your recovery and I'm exhausted! Time for a nap at 9:15am!
I think you are Supermom and your husband is Superdad! How you both do all this with two small children is beyond me. I have to strain to think back if I could have handled all that you are successfully accomplishing, and to be honest, nope!:snork:
Stay positive! And when the going gets tough, hug those little cherubs!
 
@Miss Muffet You WILL!!! I am still reminding myself that I don't need to do it on the stairs. I feel confident crossing over while going up the stairs! Going down, I am still doing the wedding march. I just don't trust that hip yet going down and dipping down the extra step.
 
@keepmovin Thank you for the vote of confidence. My 4 year old is a bit weary of all of the extra visiting. We dropped the kids off at his best friend's house for 3 hours, and he immediately asked if he could come home..... (with big sad tears). He is a sweet sensitive soul, and I think the extra activity is just wearing on him.
 
Hi @Toddlermom. :) I just got caught up on your thread and wanted to give you a shout out on your wonderful progress and doing so with two little ones. You are a champion, lady. :thumb:
Regarding not being able to sit long: I was not able to sit comfortably in a chair for much more than 30-45 minutes for quite some time. One hour seemed to be my absolute max. That got much easier in the second and third months post op. It depends on the chair too. If it's uncomfortable from the get-go, then it seemed doubly so to me post op.
Also, about dislocation, I think all of us hippies have that fear and I can certainly understand with you being very active and flexible. Just from my own experience, the motions that I was really worried about needn't have been a worry after all. Especially with you having an anterior approach, I think it would take some doing. Being mindful of too much twisting and crossing midline (esp. at the same time) is probably a good thing, but I think these hips are pretty tough. :)
I hope you're feeling good today and have a wonderful weekend!
 
How is everything going? Hoping that things at home have become a little easier and you are getting the rest that you need. How is hubby coping?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Day 24...........Well, I survived the last of my family helpers.....barely! Frankly, I haven't known how or even IF I should share the last 5 days. The last family member spent 1 night drunk and 1 entire day hung over.....which wasn't very helpful. :martini: And brought her daughter....who simply created turmoil between all of the children. And I ended up watching all 3 far to often....or separating my kids from hers with the toddlers in tears. Next hip, I will pass on her 'help' entirely. A loving person who simply didn't understand that this wasn't her personal vacation, sigh!

Hubby and I are on our own. In some ways it is a relief. In other ways, I am really nervous. This next week is a crazy work week for him, and I am mostly on my own.....with limited assistance. Fingers crossed that I can handle it all. I am excited about having some quiet time alone.....since our house has been a revolving door. Almost a month now-

My body: in some ways, I feel stronger. I am walking without assistive devices, sleeping in my own bed, and I am cautiously able to bathe the kids. I am easily exhausted though. And today I overdid it, church + Short shopping trip to Target = 2 hours in bed! :alarm: I actually had some pains for the first time in a few days.. Some sharpness as I inadvertently pushed my stamina and range of motion.

Lots of questions from family members about "when do you start physical therapy"?? I think that I would feel more confident with some guidance. Right now I am very fearful that I am going to mess this up.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Toddlermom - that's unforgiveable. How can anyone be so insensitive? :bignono: and I agree with @gullimac - not only would I give that one a wide berth I'd cross them off my Christmas list (am very cross on your behalf!) :nah:
I do hope things go smoothly over the this next patch. :fingersx: I think you're an absolute Trojan.
Do the kids have nap times? If so I'd crash out when they do. :chillpill:
Sorry not to offer anything more constructive ....... :flwrysmile:
 
@Miss Muffet .....sadly, it is my sister-in-law. disowning isn't an option. She has a VERY religious husband, so she 'let loose' at our house. Ugh! Something similar happened when I had my last c-section, so I scheduled her help during week 3 JUST in case. Next time--no way!

@gullimac ......I think hiring 1 person for 4 weeks would alleviate the kid angst too! It would be a 'good excuse' to not need any additional help besides my mom.
 
I really feel for you! I'm sitting here just trying to think how you could help yourself here. It's one thing for many of us to go through this and struggle on our own without the worries of caring for someone else, but to go through this will young children....:unsure: and you have to go through this again?:oyvey: Thank goodness for your Mom. Must be a lot on her as well!

I think I would get to the point where I would just come clean with anyone who is not helpful and hope no hard feelings are planted. Before your next surgery, you may have to gently explain to them that although you love them, you need a special kind of help during this time. If hiring a help hand is an option for you, perhaps you could look into that now.

Hope you get some relief!:)
 
@keepmovin ....initially, I thought that I would do the 2nd hip in July. But I am thinking that my need 'for kid assistance' would lessen if I could wait until next summer. My youngest would almost be 4......so much easier than the middle of terrible 2, lol!!!

My mom was here for the first 10 days, THANK GOD!!! She is coming up Easter weekend again too.
 
I am completely and gloriously ALONE for the first time since Feb 9th......for 4 whole hours!!!:loveshwr: I know that I need to rest since I will be taking care of the kids 'solo' after 2 pm, but I am soooo tempted to do something fun for me. Must repeat.....REST, REST, REST today is gonna be a long one!!
 
Oh dear, you have been through, not only a physically draining recovery so far, but an emotional one as well. Enjoy these few hours alone...you need it! Maybe hubby can take the kids to the park and lunch on his days off, so you can get a much needed alone time a few hours each week? Just a thought. :)
 
@Cynthia777 Sadly, he is working a pretty intensive basketball tournament for the next 6 days! I have helpers at dinner/bed, but I am on duty alone from 2-5. Wish me luck!!!:fingersx:
 
:-(
What you need to find is a teenager who lives within walking distance and will work for $3.00 an hour (that was the going rate when my daughter was a child :heehee:) and can come over and play with the kids a couple of days a week!
Wishing you the best of luck from 2-5! :-)
 
I have been pretty lucky so far, my hubby works from home most weeks. This is a BIG exception. And my sitter arrived at 5:20. The kids have been fed, and I am laying down with an ice pack....help for the next 2+ hours....yippee!!!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Adorable stinkers!!!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Toddlermom - one down!!
    image.jpeg
    101.2 KB · Views: 222

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom