THR Toddlermom - one down!!

Hi there,
I'm amazed at how many have an awareness about the components of their prosthetic.
I feel like I missed out on something. My doc never discussed anything with me beforehand and I blindly trusted. I understand I'm not alone in that as this has been discussed a bit in Bumblebees thread.
Interesting how OA progresses differently from hip to hip, same person. Brings to mind how we hear no two recoveries are alike, even for the same person.
May your next recovery be way better than your first! @Toddlermom
 
Last edited:
@MammaT Didn't mean to send you down my rabbit hole! I have always been very flexible....even right before my LTHR. (I think because of the dysplasia?) So my limited rotation on this right one is a bit odd for me. A few months after my THR, I was able to sit With my foot propped up in the seat of the chair again. But not right now with hip #2. I can hardly cross my legs. So weird- sigh!
 
I have never been extremely flexible @ticksmom. Don’t worry about the rabbit hole. I am discovering lots of things people think about with this procedure, like what type of hip? Artificial is as much as I know.

Will be interesting to see where your flexibility ends up. Of course, that will take some time.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Toddlermom - one down!!
@Zelda Hubby was at a meeting, and I was texting him updates. In case he had to meet us at the ER.
@JoeKnows This could be your fate flying solo at 3 weeks! :heehee:
 
Hi kids!! I received a notice that there was a new post and here I am reading posts from so many familiar names.... hello! Ahh. the dreaded second hip surgery. Mine is looming closer, too. I had an appointment in September but had to cancel it, my husband fell ill and has had a rough couple of months and now I am waiting until January for another appt. This week marked my 3 year anniversary for the left hip and Im still in love with it. :happydance: I can agree that the right hip feels much different and while it can get a ll nasty and sore, it isn't as debilitating as the left one was. But I won't let that happen again! So, @Toddlermom, you odn't have a date yet for surgery? And uhm, is your precious child's head stuck in that toilet lid????
 
Aaah but she's so cute.
Mommy, I don't like this necklace!

When my son was about 2 1/2 - 3 he got his hands on a pair of handcuffs at my mom's, left out by my teen sister who brought them home from a hotel where she cleaned rooms at the time. Yeah, I know. One can only imagine! Anyway, unbeknownst to us, my son fastened them around his ankles. He had on his little kid pj's the type with the feet attached. No key to be found. Imagine the embarrassment in taking him to the police station to have them sawed off :yikes: Yes officer, my sister found them at work. Sure, lady. :heehee:

The head in the potty chair reminded me of a frantic phone call I received from my SIL one afternoon many years ago. The lots of our homes touched, so we were close neighbors. My young niece got her head stuck between the wrought iron spindles of the stair railing. I can laugh about it now but at the time, not so much. I ran over, walked in the door to see my sobbing SIL and my wide eyed niece looking at me with her head stuck. Her head was all greased up because my SIL had slathered her hands with butter and then my nieces head in an effort to slide her head out (I'm laugh / crying right now at the visual) Anyway, the police were en route when I got there and arrived minutes later. The officer had enough strength to separate the spindles and free her greasy head. :rotfl: Certainly not funny at the time but it is looking back 20+ yrs later.

Just a little humor....laughter is great medicine!
@Toddlermom
 
@Layla This was my first solo night post surgery, and Daddy was at a meeting with a bunch if tech guys. (Hubby said, I know that she will figure it out, and all of the guys were in awe of my bad a$$ problem solving.). A bit of a laugh for our friend @JoeKnows! I wasn’t allowed to drive and couldn’t have safely put her in a car seat anyways.....so it was 911 or figure it out. Rest and do not do this....take it easy :rotfl:. I am your cautionary tale!
 
@CricketHip Hey there friend! I need to get #2 scheduled quick. No way am I going to let it get as bad as the first one. Working my way through logistics right now, and hoping for a late October date.

The pic is a cautionary tale for a dad who is flying solo with his youngest tonight at 2 1/2 weeks post op......laughter is always the best. This was my first solo night with the kids post-op :holysheep:
 
@Toddlermom Hahahaha I'm just surprised we haven't had a similar situation yet... Can't imagine what was going on in your head when this happened. My smaller child is asleep now, I'm having a beer before I take a shower and do some icing. I'll post the full recap of my day in my thread in a bit, but it's nothing crazy and all good things. Thanks for sharing this story though, one of the rare times I can type LOL and mean it literally!
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom